Just Something I Thought I'd Share With Y'all Is All....

Phrenicz

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
I only became a member of PR about a week before the recent mega event that caused so many to flock to DBG... Before then I used to chance it a lot with OP's & IOP's, but regularly checked both PR & DBG out as sources. However, I never felt comfortable enough joining either, as I felt I had nothing to contribute. Who knows, some of you may feel I still don't! :-)...

Anyway, my point is, I have interacted with some cracking folks on here, half of you, unbeknown to me we're members of PR...

After the recent re-appearance of PR, I have been over there and had a look around and made a few posts...

I have noticed a few of the members who flocked here (not the ones I have interacted with), while not bad-mouthing DBG, talking about DBG on PR slightly disrespectfully, just in the odd passing comment or two, like it was just a place to hang about, while the new house was being built so to speak :-(...

Now, don't get me wrong, I realise that for many of you PR is and has been your home for many years and I fully respect that...

However, we are all in the same boat and like I've said in previous posts, we are here primarily to share knowledge and help each other out in the 'very real' ups & downs of our every day lives...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, friends are friends, no matter how or where you meet them, in person, online, in space (ok, I made that one up! ) and it's that collective harmony if you will, that make these places what they are... It doesn't matter what username you have or where you come from. It's the interactions, reassurances, kindness, compassion, caring and trust and knowing you're not alone in the way you feel, whether it be ecstatic joy or absolute fucking misery, that connects us.

But most of all it's hope, the hope we can help each other and be helped by one another as we all struggle through our own personal battles...

This is by no means an attack on PR members, it's just something I have observed is all...

I consider DBG to be my true home, my first home if you will, I'm comfortable here. But I'm so glad to see that the PR members that flocked over here, are still here and hopefully aren't going anywhere, cause you folks are a big part of DBG being my home :-)

Much love to all here and PR :-)...I hope I haven't offended anyone...

~P~

I love your posts P and I'm very glad you're here and actively posting. In real life noone really understands my issues. It's nice to talk to people who don't just label you crazy or an addict and dismiss your problems out of hand. I like hearing from other people about how they've dealt with it and what meds work or help some. Gives me hope from those who are coping well after years with it or at least commiseration for the ones that are still struggling like me.

Great post.

Sometimes in a forum or anywhere on the internet where there is no tone of voice or facial expression, words can be taken out of context and often misinterpreted. I'm not saying thats the case in this situation but I'm just tossing that out there as I think its something that should be remembered by all when reading things. 

I am a long time PR member that came here when they went down but I also plan on staying here as well. Having been at PR for so long, yes, it does feel like home to me and to many of us. I'm still a newbie here so of course it doesnt feel the same as PR yet. I cant speak for all PR members but I do think that most of us that landed here were very appreciative of the warm welcome we received. Whether any of us decide to stay or not, at least it gave us the opportunity to see what its like here, something that may not have happened if PR had not gone down. As in any forum, some will like it and some wont. Its all good. This forum was running perfectly fine (or so it seems) before we got here and I'm sure it will continue to run fine even if all of us were to leave. 

The two forums are very different but as you said, the main purpose is to share information and help others. 

Sometimes in a forum or anywhere on the internet where there is no tone of voice or facial expression, words can be taken out of context and often misinterpreted. I'm not saying thats the case in this situation but I'm just tossing that out there as I think its something that should be remembered by all when reading things. 

I am a long time PR member that came here when they went down but I also plan on staying here as well. Having been at PR for so long, yes, it does feel like home to me and to many of us. I'm still a newbie here so of course it doesnt feel the same as PR yet. I cant speak for all PR members but I do think that most of us that landed here were very appreciative of the warm welcome we received. Whether any of us decide to stay or not, at least it gave us the opportunity to see what its like here, something that may not have happened if PR had not gone down. As in any forum, some will like it and some wont. Its all good. This forum was running perfectly fine (or so it seems) before we got here and I'm sure it will continue to run fine even if all of us were to leave. 

The two forums are very different but as you said, the main purpose is to share information and help others.
I wasn't ever accusing anyone of not being grateful, as am I, I am grateful to both DBG & PR for taking me in :-)...

Like you say, without the benefit of facial expressions and body language, it is very easy to misinterpret things...

It was just a casual observation on my part and I meant no offence to anyone, I guess I was just being a bit too protective of my new home? I guess in a roundabout way, I was just trying to say that we're all part of the same family really, with exactly the same aim, to help each other out, if and whenever possible...

And like you say, if it wasn't for PR going down, lots of us would not have met, and I for one am honoured to have met all of you, and I'm glad you and many others are sticking around Mira, cause it wouldn't be the same without you :-)

~P~

I know for me I lurked around for awhile before I felt at home here. I am so glad I beame an active member. We are glad some of you decided to stick around. I have loved reading your post & comments & I looked at PR at one time but it wasn't the right fit for me. I'm sure a lot of the PR members felt the same way about DBG. Starting out new would be hard as you have to earn trust & that takes time. We are glad you are here

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back