Kratom being targeted

What a CROCK of shit!  The author of the article cannot even spell.  It is so easy for parents to blame something tangible for their sons suicide ...other than just plain old anxiety and depression.  Was he on an antidepressant?  Andif he was, did they not know the potential side effects?  I feel badly for them, of course, but blaming a substance is the easy way out.  They are hurting THOUSANDS of people irresponsibly by making statement.  What a stupid stupid thing to do.  

That's the lamest line of horseshit I've ever read regarding Kratom...Sounds like an inside government job, to get Kratom banned....Not to mention the numerous Youtube vids, with idiots posting videos high on Kratom..

One thing is always certain. If there is something good in life, there are always going to be idiots out there trying to fuck it up!

i only used it for a few days and all i can say is wow...it did take a tiny bit of my pain away when i had no other means that would touch my pain.  However, no matter how much I took I didnt not feel (high) or incoherent or anything of that nature.  The kid wrote that he lost his life to drugs, i so love how there parents are only targeting kratom.  Im very sure this kid was into alot more then that as his statement suggested.

It's simple propaganda using the fear factor that government always uses to convince us to give over our freedoms and privacy. Just more lies and fear mongering. 

The FDA started cracking down last year because headshop retailers were selling it as a drug for human consumption that hadn't passed FDA regulations. Just more bullshit and lies. I smell Joseph Goebbels behind the curtain somewhere.

Hopefully this comes to nothing, but it does concern me greatly, they don't have a bloody clue, do they? If I ever do quit opiates, kratom will make that possible. It'll me much easier to reduce 500mg once or twice a week from a 15g dose than 30mg once a week from a 300-400mg dose, I can't quit using the latter method.

I still struggle to understand the motivation behind organisations like the DEA or the Home Office, is it just to wind hearts and minds? I know the journalist's motivation; website views and newspaper sales. That's all. They're quite happy to f**k up many people's lives just to increase sales.

This is a very real and serious matter.  Florida introduced a bill to ban kratom that did not pass but it took the efforts of many people to give testimonial, Botanical Defense Fund as well as American Kratom Association lobbying against the ban,  New Jersey has a pending bill as we speak.  There was a very biased article written by a uninformed journalist recently in Kentucky to which a legislator replied "we must not get behind Tennessee in banning this harmful substance" (paraphrase).

I URGE anyone who care about the ongoing legality of kratom to pen a generic testimonial to email these lawmakers.  It doesn't matter if you live in the threatened state or not because once a few key states (like FL and/or NJ) start banning kratom, there will be a snowball effect.  If anyone is interested, I will be happy to get the names and emails.  As evidenced by Florida, our voice does matter. I would urge you to keep any email polite, understanding these state legislators only know what unscrupulous journalist write. They need information, not a lecture.

Edit to add:  I did not read the links above so forgive me if I have restated the obvious.  I am just kind of passionate about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are passionate Rog, and very knowledgable.  That is why (soon to come) we would like you and Teal to be in charge of the kratom forum, like we talked about.  Thursday and Friday of thi week, I plan on spending both days reading up on all of the litigation that hs taken place in the US about kratom legality/approval. This IS REALLY IMPORTANT.  This substance has been an absolute lifesaver for me.  My whole adult life I have suffered from terrible PTSD which can make my life unbearable at times.  Kratom taks care of my anxiety/panic, physical pain, and regulates my sleep cycle.  I am a regular healthy sleeper for the first time in my adult life.  It is a mircle.  I take nothing else except somtimes kava kava and maybe a litte weed now and then.  I have been a hard core addict as a result of medicatons that were prescribed to me to treat the PTSD and night terrors.  Kratom has eliminated that struggle for me.  It is irreplacable to me.  

I did not yet get a chance to read the article but from the above posts, I think I may get the jest of it. 

I'll keep this short. As someone who struggles with addiction issues to opys, kratom helps to enable me to minimize the amount of opys I have to take. That's just one personal benefit I can list for now as I have to tend to my children. 

It is no surprise to me that various state, country, and federal governments are trying to impose or ban this product as they would rather that an individual with issues get their assistance through the drugs produced by big pharma, thereby increasing revenue for big pharma  and the various governments. 

I understand a young man committed suicide, I am very sorry to hear that but as cat said, was he also taking antidepressants?  Apparently the article doesn't specify.

I have taken many types of antidepressants, and there were 2 or 3 which did give me suicidal thoughts -strong thoughts. 

To me what is dangerous about antidepressants is that you're not high, and think your thoughts are your own and not drug induced. Vs getting really drunk and depressed and thinking "oh my life sucks, I should just kill myself".then you remember you're really drunk and that's why you're probably thinking that way.

Anyway, this has been my experience. 

Sorry to derail a bit. Kratom is great for numerous reasons but will likely keep coming up against all kinds of opposition going forward. 

Big pharma, governments,  etc DO NOT want any one to be truly cured or healed. They want people to remain sick so they are reliant on the system forever. 

It's all about the Benjamins, baby. 

I'd agree with the anti-depressant sentiment...

These stories are tragic, but just to be blunt, parents can never accept that their own flesh and blood took their own life because they wanted to end it, because they were depressed, suicidal.

I'm only saying this because it's anonymous, but the only time I've attempted the s word (not Sudoku, suicide is easier) is when I was on Fluoxetine. About two months into my so called 'therapy' I took an OD and was in hospital. Then they switched me to Citalopram. Much better, cheers dickheads.

The drugs which have caused me the most harm, not being biased, are Fluoxetine for said reasons, nicotine is one beast I will never shake, cannabis (sent me paranoid for years, too anxious) and, maybe most of all, booze. I used to drink till I passed out every night with a bottle of vodka in my hand. Alcohol has f**ked up my family too. I've been booze free since last August but I think about it most days, I've spent all day wanting to get drunk because I've been stressed.

Notice the lack of kratom in that list.

Now, for those of us in the UK, I fear the end is nigh. The bastard government plan to introduce legislation to ban *ALL* psychoactive substances, then make exemptions for caffeine, tobacco (oh, the irony) and alcohol (oh...the irony). But I hope to god kratom escapes. For example, will valerian get banned...? Take enough of that and it's mildly psychoactive. Other ethnobotanicals? Poppy pods?

The law is specifically designed to target 'new psychoactive substances (NPSs)' such as RCs, so I hope that is all that is covered. I know I'm paranoid, but is this post threatening kratom in the UK by drawing attention to it? Mod, please delete if necessary.

maybe instead of spelling it so that search engines pick it up maybe we can spell it different...thus not being so (out there)/

just a thought because we do it for everything else.

I suppose I was so "passionate" that I failed to edit for grammatical errors.  Sorry!  I use an I-pad 99% of the time and it is so easy to make and overlook errors on that thing.  

dont worry i do it all the time and then reread and smack myself in the head LOL

For whatever it's worth, in my area, kratom and whipits are still available in head shops and it doesn't look like they will go away. The RC stuff is NOT in the stores.. legal or not, I've tried some of that and can tell you some of it is more powerful than some of the real drugs they are meant to replace! So be careful with RC's!

Hum, may I ask what  whip it is?  It kind of sounds familiar but I maybe thinking of something totally else. LOL

I believe whip its to be nitric oxide that can also be found in whip cream cans.  A lot of kids use it for an immediate and very short high.  Not the smartest thing to do, but to each their own.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back