Medical Records - UK

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Holy shit!... I dread to think what mine reads like?!

Although I am intrigued?.. It might be worth £50 just to see it ; )

I think next time I'm at my GP I'd like to see a copy of mine...I'd like to see 1. how messed up they think I am and 2. to see if they think I'm progressing...well within our rights here!

johnnog said:
Your batting on the same team dvz,you just gotta learn to laugh at some stuff or it really will drag ya down into the pit of misery where they want us,eyes diverted from the realities of the damage they are inflicting on a potential beautiful life.

Fuck em.

Are our whole medical histories available to us in the UK?God knows how big the files on me are,had a lot of different doctors all over the country,i hope its free or all that info of mine is going to cost a fair old bit of money,you'd think our own medical records should be free for us,but they'll try and make money from us yet again if they can do.
Just for the record, I've been hospitalised 3 times and none of my GPs knew. Also, when I registered with a new practice after finishing university I asked if the GP seeing me could see my records and he said no, that I would have to provide details of my previous practice for him to obtain them.

You should be able to access your medical records online for free at any surgery. All I needed for my surgery was 3 pieces of ID, 2 must be photo and 1 proof of address like a bill. I can go online and view all the problems, records, consultations, letters to hospital and back, lab results etc, plus I can also order my meds online. It's open to anyone and it's free, it's just not advertised widely but they must allow you unless you're  registered as a danger or they consider there's information that may be detrimental to your health. Otherwise stand up for your rights!

I got a decision not to do a knee arthroscopy following a GP concern, overturned based on a BS letter the person who examined me at the hospital wrote. I was fortunate to have a witness with me during the discussion and the letter to my GP was nothing like our conversation. We both wrote to the GP who re-referred me after hearing what we had to say and I had the arthroscopy done within a month and all is well now. The guy at the hospital obviously didn't know I could read his letter, having access to your medical records is a real eye opener, but you take the good with the bad. Sometimes when you're getting the runaround from Consultant's secretaries  etc, its handy to drop "I did read in Mr Consultant X letter to my GP that................". It seems to change their attitude. Everyone should access their medical records and be free of the hidden BS!!!

Actually here in the US some docs and psychs do not use the same network. A lot independent software sales companies made a lot of money hiring programmers to write medical record keeping programs that were far and above better than when the gov't tried to link EPIC across the USA.

Now the PMP is an entirely different animal. That's here to stay.

I know this is an old topic, but this info applies at my GP practice right now;  'The Patient' can request access to their medical records held online,. For me, I requested access via an online form for review. Within a couple of weeks I got confirmation that I WOULD be able to access my held records over secure connection from my/any computer, I was given login credetials to use.

There was a warning to be mindful of things like 'test results', which could be available before anybody had informed me.

I found the records to be very complete, but it's my understanding they are reviewed prior to release to prevent disclosure of anything with potential to harm.

I've already found use for this, as I could copy & print something needed for a claim, saving the need of applying-to/paying GP to do this.

I'd bear in mind that often doctors' comment are based on their perception of what's going on, & that often gets taken as faact by the next, without a single test being done... so reading too-much can be frustrating at times, so probably best to just use sparingly & with specific purpose.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back