Modafinil

u6cah

Hi Guys,

just wondering how people take modafinil. I have been using modalert now and again, I seem to find its benefits last a little over 24 hrs into the next day (easier to wake up etc), then I find I sleep a greater deal for a few days (more than usual) until I get back to 'baseline' 

do most people use it every day, take the weekends off or just now and again? After using it for a while does anyone have the increased sleep requirements? And if so how long do they last?

Thanks

@u6cah

I've been taking it every day.  Because I have the patience of a gnat, I can't just wait for sleep to come so I take an antihistamine or if needed a zopi to start the process of winding down to sleep. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang @DippityDoo sounds good I just looked it up. I think this might be the one and only drug I have not consumed in my lifetime. It sounds good to be awake and have more energy in the day, but would it work against the xanax I take?

Dang @DippityDoo sounds good I just looked it up. I think this might be the one and only drug I have not consumed in my lifetime. It sounds good to be awake and have more energy in the day, but would it work against the xanax I take?
@Heavenlee

I have not noticed that M0d@nafil makes me feel more awake than usual and I'm not aware of any feeling of increased physical energy.  I get more physical energy and wakefulness from caffeine than I do from M0da.  For me, the benefit is a very subtle but undeniable increase in mental focus and ability to stay on-task.  This is especially noticeable when writing, researching/reading.  I'm able to think and focus more clearly for much longer periods of time and that increased focus allows me to complete lengthy reads and writings that I might not have otherwise.

I don't think I feel any differently physically with M0da, but I definitely notice an improvement in mental clarity and focus with it.  As with all good things, though, particularly chemical enhancements, the benefits of M0da may come to an end after a while.  Hopefully there's no withdrawal in the classic sense if/when it no longer provides noticeable benefit.

EDIT TO ADD:  As far as cancelling out a benzo effect, I can't speak specifically to Xanny, but a mild benzo such as @tivan still provides relaxation and sleep for me.

@DippityDoo my god, I'm going to get some. I have never been diagnosed with ADHD or anything but I always have a hard time staying focused. Even simple things like cleaning me house I can't do, I'll start on one room and quit and forget what I was doing and leave it left undone and go on to my next task and do the same. I have difficulty concentrating on one thing at a time. It all becomes overwhelming for me so then I get anxiety and pop a Xanax. God, it sounds like a god send to me, because I never get much done because of I can stay on focus, Thanks so much or explaining it to me. Just having clarity and focus would be such a benefit for me. Thanks for telling me how it helps you because I swear I have the same problems, it definitely sounds like I could benefit from it!

I love modafinil and took it daily for years. Increased my focus and energy and over time (likely as I built tolerance), it didn't affect my sleep (not nearly as much as a typical stim).

i stopped taking it after getting a huge order from the now-defunct modafinil cat. While taking this I was using a implanted birth control and got pregnant ?? and found out later that modafinil has this effect on estrogen-progesterone birth control methods. Just a word to the wise ! 

Also this might be TMI but your urine should smell different when you take any form of moda (hey it alerted me more than once that I had taken bunk tabs!)

@DippityDoo my god, I'm going to get some. I have never been diagnosed with ADHD or anything but I always have a hard time staying focused. Even simple things like cleaning me house I can't do, I'll start on one room and quit and forget what I was doing and leave it left undone and go on to my next task and do the same. I have difficulty concentrating on one thing at a time. It all becomes overwhelming for me so then I get anxiety and pop a Xanax. God, it sounds like a god send to me, because I never get much done because of I can stay on focus, Thanks so much or explaining it to me. Just having clarity and focus would be such a benefit for me. Thanks for telling me how it helps you because I swear I have the same problems, it definitely sounds like I could benefit from it!
Focus is the main reason why I use them, having to write a report or something like that. I have noticed that different brands seem to 'feel' different.... 

Have got some armodafinil so going to try that and see how different it is....

I always liked armodafinil a little better ! I forgot that i switched to that exclusively when I was taking moda. 

I have to say, even though I have only tried armodafinil for a couple of days (75mg) it does seemingly have less side effects, however I was taking 200mg of modafinil so not quite a straight comparison (will have to give it another go with 100mg)

I love modafinil and took it daily for years. Increased my focus and energy and over time (likely as I built tolerance), it didn't affect my sleep (not nearly as much as a typical stim).

i stopped taking it after getting a huge order from the now-defunct modafinil cat. While taking this I was using a implanted birth control and got pregnant ?? and found out later that modafinil has this effect on estrogen-progesterone birth control methods. Just a word to the wise ! 

Also this might be TMI but your urine should smell different when you take any form of moda (hey it alerted me more than once that I had taken bunk tabs!)
Lol. Great story. I have taken Ritalin, Adderal, Vyvanse, Dexidrine, Concerta, you name it. Now without insuracr for another month, I'm trying modalert. I just wanna be able to focus. Sounds like it worked for you! Hope it does for me too!

@Heavenlee

I have not noticed that M0d@nafil makes me feel more awake than usual and I'm not aware of any feeling of increased physical energy.  I get more physical energy and wakefulness from caffeine than I do from M0da.  For me, the benefit is a very subtle but undeniable increase in mental focus and ability to stay on-task.  This is especially noticeable when writing, researching/reading.  I'm able to think and focus more clearly for much longer periods of time and that increased focus allows me to complete lengthy reads and writings that I might not have otherwise.

I don't think I feel any differently physically with M0da, but I definitely notice an improvement in mental clarity and focus with it.  As with all good things, though, particularly chemical enhancements, the benefits of M0da may come to an end after a while.  Hopefully there's no withdrawal in the classic sense if/when it no longer provides noticeable benefit.

EDIT TO ADD:  As far as cancelling out a benzo effect, I can't speak specifically to Xanny, but a mild benzo such as @tivan still provides relaxation and sleep for me.
You may give armodafinil a shot. It works better than modafinil for some people (including me).

I have to say that while moda would be brilliant to help you finish the task of cleaning the house ( I've sorted my house top to bottom many a time on it ) for me it has the side effect of massively increasing anxiety a few hours after taking. So my point is, keep those x@n@x to hand, as they help calm the jitters if you are prone to anxiety already. I'd be interested to know if you found it to be the same for you

I don't know about taking them at exactly the same time )if they work against each other or not) but I find once I ve got the bulk of my work done on the moda, x@n@x prolongs the buzz and calms the jitters. If I take the x@n@x too soon after the moda it would curtail productivity, yes 

I always liked armodafinil a little better ! I forgot that i switched to that exclusively when I was taking moda. 
Interesting..  Always felt armoda was a bit too strong for me, in comparison...  brought on the jittery/uneasy feeling.  Started to half them, but still liked the original moda better.  

I find Moda very helpful when needing to cut back on other candies like ohpeahs or sewmahs...by "cutting back" - sometimes if I have not brought enough of those things with me for a long day , but I do have 100mgs of Modah types, that can certainly help offset it by making me stay focused, energetics, and not as sensitive to muscle pain.  I, for one, find that Moda can help me stay awake AND be more energetic, similar to stims, but with less visible anxiety (shakiness and jitters). Some time ago, I tested it against Addies and Ephedrs and I think Moda is preferable for my needs (getting stuff done and enjoying mental alone time without wasting it!) but that might not be what other people wants or need.

I find Moda very helpful when needing to cut back on other candies like ohpeahs or sewmahs...by "cutting back" - sometimes if I have not brought enough of those things with me for a long day , but I do have 100mgs of Modah types, that can certainly help offset it by making me stay focused, energetics, and not as sensitive to muscle pain.  I, for one, find that Moda can help me stay awake AND be more energetic, similar to stims, but with less visible anxiety (shakiness and jitters). Some time ago, I tested it against Addies and Ephedrs and I think Moda is preferable for my needs (getting stuff done and enjoying mental alone time without wasting it!) but that might not be what other people wants or need.
That is a great idea; using Moda to help your candy last longer. My candy is Vyvanse but I always run short on my script. When I first started taking ADHD medicine I started on Moda. It worked great; until I found Vyvanse. I perfer Vyvanse but I believe that Moda would work great to help me focus and conserve my script.

yes. modafinil is a stimulant. 

boomerang said:
I just recently tried moda for the first time. I took two hundred mg a day for a week and none on the weekend. I didn't feel any physical effect but the mental sharpness I great . I do have adhd and prescribed concerts in the past. Definitely not the same and enjoy the modas a lot more and find it easier to sleep on. And slept like a log over this weekend. Gonna start the modas again mon and keep researching 
moda and its prodrugs have a small percentage of people who do not respond to them at all. Unfortunately I fall into this group, you might as well. It is rare...next to none but i blamed the sources, dosage, and brand(s). Went legit and out of CVS...nothing changed it simply does not work for me.

I have tried both modafinil and the armodafinil.  I tend to like the performance of the armodafinil the most.  But I do have a question of all of you users of either of these.  My wife and I have both been using a form of Phentermine for quite a while as a maintenance tool.  When taking the modafinil or armodafinil, we both have found that it provides the same effect of controlling appetite.  It has come to the point that we are not using the Phentermine at all any longer and the modafinil has been working well for us as a maintenance tool.  Have you seen the same effects on appetite?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back