My Cats on Suboxone

Kalsima

BANNED
I posted somewhere else I forgot about our pets forum . First of all I am not very original with names. I have four cats all strays that assholes just leave in the woods behind my house. There's white cat, black cat gray cat and our newest arrival orange cat. We found him with his leg almost mutilated off, they did save his leg but he can't walk well. I have to carry him up and down the stairs and pick him up to sleep with me. He had a huge tumor on the side of his face. He had surgery last week on his face/ear and has been wearing a collar, except to eat. I just can't understand why or how a person could treat an animal like this. I would love to hurt these people! Anyways, long story short his leg and his tumor operations were costly but wotth it. Now this is the crazy part. My cat gets 3 mg of Suboxone/buphenrphine every 6 hours.  He seems to love it. I have it in syringes that is difficult to spray in his mouth pisses me off that it gets waste! Damn it after all this he better give me son

View attachment 1298

View attachment 1299

How long will the cat be on that medicine? Couldn't imagine going through a wd whilst tapering of that amount of daily bupe, and not being able to communicate that I don't feel well or in pain because the taper is to much to quick,if I was a cat. Its bad enough as a human.     

We only kept him the old boy on it for 3 days, he had surgery and his little lamp thing for his head came off and he tore open his stitches really bad. I took him to an emergency vet and he gave me 21 syringes! I called my doctor on Monday and he said to stop giving it to him and give him half a human 81 mg dose of aspirin. He was pissed off at the ER doctor gave him that much to begin with. I'm glad I stopped right away, he's old and in bad shape but would hate to have him withdraws also. My vet who I trust said aspirin will work fine. Thanks for asking! And to be honest before you asked I never thought of him going through wd's, so glad I called his vet!

I posted somewhere else I forgot about our pets forum . First of all I am not very original with names. I have four cats all strays that assholes just leave in the woods behind my house. There's white cat, black cat gray cat and our newest arrival orange cat. We found him with his leg almost mutilated off, they did save his leg but he can't walk well. I have to carry him up and down the stairs and pick him up to sleep with me. He had a huge tumor on the side of his face. He had surgery last week on his face/ear and has been wearing a collar, except to eat. I just can't understand why or how a person could treat an animal like this. I would love to hurt these people! Anyways, long story short his leg and his tumor operations were costly but wotth it. Now this is the crazy part. My cat gets 3 mg of Suboxone/buphenrphine every 6 hours.  He seems to love it. I have it in syringes that is difficult to spray in his mouth pisses me off that it gets waste! Damn it after all this he better give me son

View attachment 1298

View attachment 1299
I had that for one of my kitty's too @Heavenlee, when he had surgery for a cancer scare. Same deal too - pre-dosed syringes and I'd just squirt the liquid in his mouth. Really helped his pain. I WISH it helped my pain that well!!!

You know. The vets here in the UK have been prescribing metacam for all pain and they don't seem to care that it can damage kidneys. The one thing you must not give them is paracetamol ( Tylenol in US) I think ?

Our pets mean so much to us and we do all we can. I habe given small amounts of oramorph to my old boy Baxter, when he was in his last days. I've had 3 die in the last 2 years and it hurts but I find vets here are money grabbing bastards. They charged me so much for prednisolone and I asked if it was the same as I bet and was told it was specially made and formulated for pets. It was exactly the same packaging and tablets mi got stiffed for £70 and £90 for 7 X 5mg pills. I habe to take 8 a day when I'm flare and it costs 0.40 PENNIES for a weeks supply. How do they live with themselves @Heavenlee ?

good on you for saving cats. I feed many who visit 

@Pooner2013 and @Jools I'm just glad that they can give meds that pets do not hurt or are not in pain, but it's a sad state of affairs that we don't help humans that are in pain. @Jools I would have done the same thing for your boy Baxter. I know we're all probably the same, it's so much harder to see an animal hurt than a human. I guess we are desensitized to it, and that's sad in itself!

Cats do take bup but not suboxone. That's a hysterical notion though ...my kitty has a bit of an addiction problem so we're going to send her off to kitty rehab and get her on suboxone. That's kind of funny?.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My sisters do is on 100mg trams and gapentin 400mg after having alot of health issues with her weineremier, I think t is how y spell it she's had over 10,000 pounds of surgery luckily she s insured but now we've decided to canc the insurance and just keep givi her the meds as she is a sorry lookin thing beautiful dog but I don't think she my sis that is can bear the loss factor as she is so attached to her dog but her husbands just walked out on her poor girl anyway the dog seems fine when she is on the meds but when not she looks like she is in pain. How we love our pet's so much they are part of the family. Peace 

I was reading the last post and the title of this thread and it got me thinking that it's probably easier for a dog to get a prescription than for a human being these days.

Yes I agree 2earls what a strange world we are all in, maybe I go to the vet next time I m out of my meds ha ha. All the best to you guys over the pond. Rec 

I was reading the last post and the title of this thread and it got me thinking that it's probably easier for a dog to get a prescription than for a human being these days.
There was recently a news piece on our local station here that said some people now are inflicting injury on their pets in order to score meds through the vet, not for the animal they just injured, but for themselves. Ughhh.

Had a few rabbits over the years and every time they were in pain we came home with a vial buprenorphine to be given orally or subq every 12 hours. 10ml vial cost about $5

My sisters do is on 100mg trams and gapentin 400mg after having alot of health issues with her weineremier, I think t is how y spell it she's had over 10,000 pounds of surgery luckily she s insured but now we've decided to canc the insurance and just keep givi her the meds as she is a sorry lookin thing beautiful dog but I don't think she my sis that is can bear the loss factor as she is so attached to her dog but her husbands just walked out on her poor girl anyway the dog seems fine when she is on the meds but when not she looks like she is in pain. How we love our pet's so much they are part of the family. Peace 
Wow 10k on vet bills. That's crazy, but you're going to do what you can for your pets. Rather give 10k to a dog than some people if I even had 10k to begin with.

There was recently a news piece on our local station here that said some people now are inflicting injury on their pets in order to score meds through the vet, not for the animal they just injured, but for themselves. Ughhh.
That's not anything I could ever do I cud never hurt an animal and wouldn't have anything to do with anyone that would its disgraceful my sister s dog was sick and got tramadol and gapenpentin dog died anyway but don't think it s cheap to get for animals from a vet if any thing it's alot more the meds were exactly the same as human ones though.i had to stop recently due to family issues been to hell and back to cut a long story short I may write on the correct section what's happened.still very raw though.But I wouldn't have anything to do with people doing Amy to animal s as I said above

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back