Name On Package

Thanks for the advice! I agree with you.

The only concern I have now is on the payment side, specifically MG. And wether to used name/address/phone number. I understand that if you don't use your correct name and the payment doesn't go through for one reason or another, you are SOL on getting funds back.

Just hate the idea of using same address on payment side. What if MG tipped off someone to be on the lookout for deliveries to that address....

Thanks for the advice! I agree with you.

The only concern I have now is on the payment side, specifically MG. And wether to used name/address/phone number. I understand that if you don't use your correct name and the payment doesn't go through for one reason or another, you are SOL on getting funds back.

Just hate the idea of using same address on payment side. What if MG tipped off someone to be on the lookout for deliveries to that address....
MG tipping off someone to look out for deliveries at a specific address seems HIGHLY unlikely to me. If you think about it logically, it would become too complicated, too quickly. Who exactly are they tipping off? And how do they contact these persons? MG'd also have to have a protocol for this, which as far as I know, no one has have ever mentioned. They'd also have to have someone in charge of "tipping off" or whatever, I mean the teller at the checkout counter wouldn't be contacting LE or shipping companies. MG would probably have to have a division solely dedicated to this. This means hiring and training people, etc. Not to mention the legal aspect of potentially getting sued for profiling or something similar. So now lawyers and the legal department are involved.
Do you follow me?

It just becomes too complicated -- and expensive. Above all else, MG is a company and their purpose is to turn a profit. They're going to do what's easiest and cheapest. That amounts to denying suspicious transactions, and that's about it, I'd imagine. --And fear of Govt fines is the only reason they go that far.

Really, I figure all you should be worried about in regard to this, if anything, is the vendors having your info to sell or use for identity theft. But so far, no one's reported that happening and your name and address are already pretty accessible for people looking to those things, anyway. I guess maybe blackmail could be a concern, too, if you're a public figure or politician.

I really think giving your name to MG, WU or a shipping company should be far, far down on your list of things to be concerned about.

All that said, I'm not a lawyer (or a doctor) so use your head.

The less attention you call to yourself and what you're doing, the more likely no one is going to notice.

Act like things are normal and they'll behave that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use my name if I have to sign for it. If I don't have to sign , I just use another name. Or does it even matter?? Do they just look at address when you sign ? Or name? I don't know.

MG tipping off someone to look out for deliveries at a specific address seems HIGHLY unlikely to me. If you think about it logically, it would become too complicated, too quickly. Who exactly are they tipping off? And how do they contact these persons? MG'd also have to have a protocol for this, which as far as I know, no one has have ever mentioned. They'd also have to have someone in charge of "tipping off" or whatever, I mean the teller at the checkout counter wouldn't be contacting LE or shipping companies. MG would probably have to have a division solely dedicated to this. This means hiring and training people, etc. Not to mention the legal aspect of potentially getting sued for profiling or something similar. So now lawyers and the legal department are involved.

Do you follow me?

It just becomes too complicated -- and expensive. Above all else, MG is a company and their purpose is to turn a profit. They're going to do what's easiest and cheapest. That amounts to denying suspicious transactions, and that's about it, I'd imagine. --And fear of Govt fines is the only reason they go that far.

Really, I figure all you should be worried about in regard to this, if anything, is the vendors having your info to sell or use for identity theft. But so far, no one's reported that happening and your name and address are already pretty accessible for people looking to those things, anyway. I guess maybe blackmail could be a concern, too, if you're a public figure or politician.

I really think giving your name to MG, WU or a shipping company should be far, far down on your list of things to be concerned about.

All that said, I'm not a lawyer (or a doctor) so use your head.

The less attention you call to yourself and what you're doing, the more likely no one is going to notice.

Act like things are normal and they'll behave that way.

Newt, I have to admit that I've spent a fair amount of time worrying about this as well, Would love to hear if anyone has first-hand knowledge of this having happened before.

Two, I appreciate your response and certainly hope you are correct.

When receiving a package is it okay to leave off the name of the resident and just put the address?

Are there certain delivery services that require a name? You may PM me if you think it's better to keep this off the forum..

Thanks
I had another thought.... If receiving via USPS, could you have them ship to a "Joe Shmoe or current resident?"  Do you think that would elicit suspicion? I am still getting the prior owner's mail, so I figured that could help keep me safe.

Just us another name but keep the name/address so it's looks normal.

None of the delivery services know who lives at an address. What if you have someone staying with you for a while.

Unfortunately, I live in a small village where everyone knows each other...

Using an alias is out of the question for me,

My postman even drinks in the village pub!

I'd be the talk of the village!...

Either that, or they'd keep asking me why I had so many people staying with me : )

Unfortunately, I live in a small village where everyone knows each other...

Using an alias is out of the question for me,

My postman even drinks in the village pub!

I'd be the talk of the village!...

Either that, or they'd keep asking me why I had so many people staying with me : )
How stereotypically British. :)

I live in an apartment and it's hit or miss. I've had regular mail returned to the sender because the name didn't match the new tenant. Usually that happens when I first move in. Sometimes I use a different inital then my surname....ya know just in case. You can always use a mail forwarding service.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back