Nascar Anyone?

I more like auto racing that includes turns and different tracks but not so much NASCAR since they just go in a circle.

The camera angels from inside the NASCAR cars is pretty cool though.

?? I liked that episode?

What's funny is the Jimmy Johnson "extends" car. /default_smile.png.

I was born in Charlotte and my oldest memories are of Winston Cup racing on the radio sitting on the porch of my grandmother's house in Rock Hill, S.C. back in the .... well, a while ago. If you are a fan of the sport and know a bit of it's history, I loved the book http://www.amazon.com/Full-Throttle-Racing-Legend-Curtis/dp/B003D3OG6A . Curtis Turner, Tiny Lund, Fireball Roberts, and so many more of the early drivers were quite interesting people by any unit of measure. I'm a #24 fan, begin loading shit on me now guys, I know where he is from, etc. I do really respect what #78 has done this year though. Amazing job all around for a 1 car team from Denver. /default_biggrin.png

I only like it when I have a Hot pass. I find it a bore to watch on TV usually. But the behind the scenes stuff is pretty interesting.

You need to see one live to really love it. Charlotte was my first track. The sights and smells are intoxicating. The exhaust and tire smell is unique. Race is on right now in Charlotte. Go 78!!!!

The best part of TV is no crowds or traffic. No bathroom lines either. The trough's are gross. Its a guy thing. Can't imagine a girl trough....

Never been a fan of NASCAR, but as a gear head/ mechanic, I can appreciate it.  I've done a few Auto-X's and had a blast doing so.  

Not a NASCAR fan, but my ex was a big deal in F1 back in the day. He was the head mechanic for a number of very famous teams. We saw Senna die. That was beyond hard.

As soon as my ex got an idea what was going on, he had me taken out of the "room."  Here's the trick: if someone runs up to the driver and then immediately runs AWAY from the driver, that's a sign, and that's what he saw. Senna was a bitch, but he was a good driver, and no one deserves to die that way. At least it was quick.

No one should die racing, but it happens. Dale Earnhardt was killed in what looked like a minor wreck. Damn near snapped off his head. Its a lot safer now but still dangerous.

I was watching an auto race a couple weekends ago and it was some mixed class, F1 type cars and Mazda MX5s and others.

The was one three wheeled car that looked likie an F1 type car but it had only a single wheel up front. Weirdest race car I have ever seen.

I prefer stock cars. Nascar Sprint cup and Nationwide. The trucks are OK, but the cars are best. They are not really "stock", but that's what they are called. They are at Martinsville this weekend. Its the smallest track on the circuit. But its fast. Lots of rubbin and racin.

You need to see one live to really love it. Charlotte was my first track. The sights and smells are intoxicating. The exhaust and tire smell is unique. Race is on right now in Charlotte. Go 78!!!!
Hey Krooz,

Live on the big lake close to the track you spoke, Lots of the race teams are located here. Not a big fan(love the moonshine) but have been to a few races, Always a good time just watch out for the chicken bones.

Citystar31 said:
Anyone whose drove around a track before and done high speed racing in excessive of 180+ should think Nascar is a joke as it is nothing but one giant left hand turn! Now forumla 1, that's some serious skill...

I see that these threads are the way to go about getting a few thousand cool posts within a year!
MODERATOR NOTE

This is called a "community", and a "discussion thread", which involves, yes, "discussions". If you don't care for the subject matter of a particular thread, then don't read it, and don't post therein, period. The taunting and immature bullsh*t stops, and it stops NOW, and that goes for everyone. The next abusive spam post like this that I see WILL result in my flagging the offending account as a spam account, and WILL result in a referral to Admin for permanent ban. Capish?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have certainly never traveled "in excess of 180 mph" in a car, although once upon a time in Montana I got a minivan rental up to 107. The little devil who always sits on my left shoulder was cheering & whipping the horses, while the little angel on my right wept and wet her pants. Over all, quite a thrilling 23 seconds or so.

I used to live about 3 miles (as the crow flies) from the RIR track in VA. On a hot, still summer night, you could sit on my back porch and hear the engines rumble & roar, very like the ominous growling that precedes a major thunderstorm, also quite thrilling. I know absolutely nothing about NASCAR or other car racing, but anything that involves high speed, explosives, very loud music and a dangerously accelerated pulse rate... count me in.

Which, now that I think about it, might go far in explaining the level of "success" (or lack thereof) I have attained during these oh-so-long decades of adulthood... Hmmm.

-- Blue

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back