Nfl Playoffs

bigant1986

Get hyped.

I'm a Pats fan but I'm going with Denver vs. SF and Peyton Manning will win his first superbowl with Denver. I still hate the Manning's. Thoughts?

Get hyped.

I'm a Pats fan but I'm going with Denver vs. SF and Peyton Manning will win his first superbowl with Denver. I still hate the Manning's. Thoughts?
You beat me to it. My picks exactly. For a potential spoiler / sleeper pick, I'll throw in Seattle, who I like to get to the NFC title game against the Niners. In the AFC, your Pats have the potential to spoil Peyton's party.

As for my Colts, a magical year it's been, but the playoffs are another animal entirely. I'd like to think they could go steal one from the flagging Ravens, but doubtful, given Ray Lewis' final home game and all the emotion that will go with it. Luck will win rings, just not this year.

i am a cheese-head through and through... Packers indeed! of course against the same team that just beat us and i would have liked to see Peterson win the rushing record if they did win at least and that is what it would have taken which almost did. oh well...

i anticipate some "double check" belt action from Rodgers in the future as long as we can stay healthy. big issue there but might get Woodson back soon. the trophy like 2 years ago should, or 'needs' to be back home in title town USA in Vince's memory... /default_smile.png

i agree with Jewy about the seahawks, i can see an upset there against redskins with beast mode skittles and home bread Wilson. that defense is scary too! they have a team built for long term potential.

cheers!

OG

Dont be so quick to count out the Falcons. I know they have a bad playoff record but think they may do better this year. It would be nice to see them do well in the playoffs after so many flops. That city just has such a bad record in their pro teams going all the way. At least my dad got to see them win a WS before passing on in '97. Watching them do so well but get just one WS win would have killed him. At least got to c them win it without going through the pain of getting close and failing

solaireciel said:
Greenbay Packers -vs- Seattle Seahawks

Seahawks w1n.

Hottest teams ending the season. LOL call me crahzy but it'll happen /default_wink.png
OUCH!

oh, ye of little faith! /default_wink.png

that is an interesting match up but in the end the Packers forge forward with avenged victory over the 'Inaccurate reception'... we got robbed big time by those incompetent referees. we should have had second seed, that game erupted into major repercussions on outcomes. on the other hand i think having the week off with top seeds can tend to 'stagnant' a team if you will, heck, look at last season... best thing in my opinion, keeps the blood and muscle memory healthy and going.

in the end: Packers vs. Broncos and Manning in 1998 modern day Superbowl rematch... /default_biggrin.png that'd be something!

cheers!

OG

Where can I find the brackets to see the matchups? If I'm right and the Seahawks have to go through SF, I don't see it happening. NM, I found it at here. I dunno if the Colts can get by the Ravens or not. It will be hard for either to win in Denver. I'll take Denver vs the Falcons for the SB.

But talk about a modern day matchup for all the marbles, it doesn't get any bigger than Bama and ND. Sorry to take the thread off topic, but any CFB fan who knows their history and these two titans are just made for what could be one of the biggest TV draws in history. I know the SB is big worldwide, but many of those people are just looking at commercials. Everyone watching the BCS game is watching it for the football game.

Where can I find the brackets to see the matchups? If I'm right and the Seahawks have to go through SF, I don't see it happening. NM, I found it at here. I dunno if the Colts can get by the Ravens or not. It will be hard for either to win in Denver. I'll take Denver vs the Falcons for the SB.

But talk about a modern day matchup for all the marbles, it doesn't get any bigger than Bama and ND. Sorry to take the thread off topic, but any CFB fan who knows their history and these two titans are just made for what could be one of the biggest TV draws in history. I know the SB is big worldwide, but many of those people are just looking at commercials. Everyone watching the BCS game is watching it for the football game.
here is a site that i look up for the playoff match ups: http://espn.go.com/n...chedule-2012-13

correction though, if seahawks win tonight against the redskins they will face the number 1 seeded falcons (getting worst ranked wild card team) while my packers whom came through in fine fashion last night! will visit the 49'ers (getting the best ranked wild card seeded team) next weekend... /default_smile.png hope this clears everything up for you. i too was confused about the seeding and who plays who. in my opinion the rankings or the terms "highest" and "lowest" seeds is confusing. highest means lowest number and vice versa... thus meaning that it could potentially be a Seahawk vs. Packers NFC national championship game for the Superbowl...

nice little nod to the BCS champion game as well! i am not much of a college football fan but the championship game i am somewhat interested in especially if there are two good teams playing. i like this years because of what you said, the Notre Dame fighting Irish! man, that team is focking hot right now and that dominating defense led by Manti Te'o... college is fun to watch and they play the game the right way like you said. they play the game with heart unlike most NFL players or Divas-lol. although it does bother me some that most college athletes leave for the NFL too early for the money instead of finishing a degree. you can't play football for ever. Luck is a perfect example of taking advantage of school and sport. nice reference though...

WHEN is that game anyways? tonight or tomorrow? it has been so dang long till the end of the regular season... i don't like the fact that the BCS makes these college athletes wait OVER a MONTH to play a game... hell, that is way to long. got to keep the motor running or blood so to speak... that is much too long a wait for a game, should be earlier. there are so many 'Bowl' games its ridiculous. yet i suppose it is the same for both teams, its just too exhausting i suppose i am saying...

i like Notre Dame in the final! that would be something indeed! Classic game waiting in the balance. /default_smile.png

gonna be a good one tonight (redskins vs. seahwaks)

Go Packers! /default_wink.png

cheers!

OG

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for my Colts, but I'm not surprised at all. Ray Lewis wasn't going out at home with a loss. Peyton and the Broncos offense will be too much for Baltimore, and Brady and NE will demolish Houston, so it's Manning vs Brady once again.

As for the NFC, I still like Seattle over the Skins. RGIII isn't 100%, and Seattle's defense is scary good. I'm sticking with them over ATL, but I see them falling short against the Packers-Niners winner. That's a tough one. My original pick was SF, but Rogers is making me re-think it.

I'm going with the Broncos - Packers Super Bowl matchup in a redux of the Favre-Elway days. Peyton gets a 2nd ring.

The BCS CG is tomorrow, 8 EST I believe. It shocked me that the game is on ESPN instead of broadcast on ABC since they sleep together now.

Right now the Skins are about to lose the lead to the Seahawks, after having them down 14-0. I don't think either one will make past the next round, but it's hard to count out a team that gets hot at the right time. Last year was a great example, how the Giants won it all still baffles me, but they did it.

Update: Seahawks scored thanks to a great run from Lynch with a lil help from Wilson. They're going for 2 to make it 21-14. Hell of a play for Wilson to run down field and provide a block on a 20+ yard rush play.

@Jewy: sorry about your colts, man... i had them figured for a loss anyways against a well coached and veteran team such as the ravens. too much defense and lack of experience from a VERY good quarterback for the colt's, and lets face it, they are the basically the same team with the addition of their new young up and coming quarterback; their defense stinks (no offense). /default_smile.png better Luck next near for your colts, Jewy! pun intended... Hehe...

@hightide: thanks for the time! sorry man, but i still got to root for the irish...

that was a hell of a run from beast mode lynch there towards the end. holy smokes what a game! Seahawks didn't even have a lead all game until the fourth quarter as RG3's knee finally gives way... knew it was bad when he didn't even go after the bad snapped fumble even with the game on the line etc... really bad...

i don't see the Seahawks getting past the Falcons, but hell, as we just saw anything can happen. like i said before Seattle's defense is scary good but they still have to face Julio Jones, White, Gonzales and company...

still though, and with the good company of Jewy and his opinion; modern day Favre vs. Elway rematch. like the analogy! i would like to see that.

cheers!

OG

here is a site that i look up for the playoff match ups: http://espn.go.com/n...chedule-2012-13

correction though, if seahawks win tonight against the redskins they will face the number 1 seeded falcons (getting worst ranked wild card team) while my packers whom came through in fine fashion last night! will visit the 49'ers (getting the best ranked wild card seeded team) next weekend... /default_smile.png hope this clears everything up for you. i too was confused about the seeding and who plays who. in my opinion the rankings or the terms "highest" and "lowest" seeds is confusing. highest means lowest number and vice versa... thus meaning that it could potentially be a Seahawk vs. Packers NFC national championship game for the Superbowl...

nice little nod to the BCS champion game as well! i am not much of a college football fan but the championship game i am somewhat interested in especially if there are two good teams playing. i like this years because of what you said, the Notre Dame fighting Irish! man, that team is focking hot right now and that dominating defense led by Manti Te'o... college is fun to watch and they play the game the right way like you said. they play the game with heart unlike most NFL players or Divas-lol. although it does bother me some that most college athletes leave for the NFL too early for the money instead of finishing a degree. you can't play football for ever. Luck is a perfect example of taking advantage of school and sport. nice reference though...

WHEN is that game anyways? tonight or tomorrow? it has been so dang long till the end of the regular season... i don't like the fact that the BCS makes these college athletes wait OVER a MONTH to play a game... hell, that is way to long. got to keep the motor running or blood so to speak... that is much too long a wait for a game, should be earlier. there are so many 'Bowl' games its ridiculous. yet i suppose it is the same for both teams, its just too exhausting i suppose i am saying...

i like Notre Dame in the final! that would be something indeed! Classic game waiting in the balance. /default_smile.png

gonna be a good one tonight (redskins vs. seahwaks)

Go Packers! /default_wink.png

cheers!

OG
You're right about the confusing nature of the playoffs. Spot on with the observation about athletes leaving early too often also. Last year our left tackle won the Outland and coulda went pro making millions. He came back and moved to center and won the Remington Award (best center) as well as the Scholar Athlete of the Year. But with their playing career in jeopardy on every play you can't blame them for gettin while the gettin is good. Some just need to get better advice on how well prepared they are for the next level. Not to mention how much they will need that diploma later as well.

I'm just hoping the game reaches its potential. What scares me most is the way ND has been able to pull out games when all seemed lost. Bama on the other hand has had either blowouts or games that come down to the wire, and they are 2 for 3 in those. If GA had used their time right at the closing seconds they could have been playing ND themselves. LSU was the least prepared team I've ever seen in a two minute situation. They just looked like they had not practiced a two minute offense all year. Good for us, I certainly wasn't mad about it.

In closing I'll say we owe them one. They beat us in a bowl back when UPI chose the champ at the end of the regular season, while AP had changed to voting after the bowls. So we still got a legit NC, but haters don't remember it that way.

Roll Tide Roll! Beat those Irish so I'm not suicidal.

/default_smile.png​

Hey, no worries OG, I had the Colts winning 5 or 6 games this season, so it's all good! Frankly, it's a joke that our GM Grigson didn't win executive of the year. 11 wins, while contending with about $30M in salary cap dead money? He was trying to make a dollar out of 75 cents, so I'd say it was a damn impressive season.

Two for two against the spread today, so old Jewy's med budget is squared away until baseball season. And yes, I bet against my boys. Cash is king fellas!

I still like Peyton and Agent Orange -9.5 next week against the Ravens. SF -3 against the Pack makes me edgy, but I'm laying paper on the Pack to cover, and I still say they win. No love in Vegas for ATL at -2 over Seattle, and I'm with them. Another playoff flop for Mattie Ice and Company, and Seattle advances. In fact, I'm comfortable enough with this one to say that if any of the spreads are going to eat my lunch, it'd be SF-GB. Still don't see it, however. Rogers is En Fuego, and it just feels like the Pack is on track, as it were!

And too bad about RGIII and his second knee injury. I had a feeling he might struggle with injuries, given his style of play. Our boy Luck likes to get outside of the pocket as well, but he's got 30 pounds on RGIII, and a much stouter frame. Hopefully he'll rehab well and come back next year with a slightly modified style that's more conducive to career longevity.

Cash is king, you got that shit right! I'm not a betting man myself. I couldn't bet against the Tide unless the spread was crazy, like this one where ND was as much as a 10 point dog. They're just as lucky as good, so I can't see more than a 3 point spread myself. One thing going in our favor historically is the Tide has a better record when playing as 2 vs 1 than when being 1 vs 2.

Here is the link to the game, I was right 8 EST on ESPN.

Sorry I've taken the thread off topic again. But if you get ND and 7 or more take it. You should know in the 1st half if you're gonna win. If Bama gets a running game going and hits a 14 point lead it could get ugly. I don't see it being that easy though. I hope it is for my sanity. It's sad to say but my winter blues are bad enough, if they lose this game I may crawl under my 'lectric blanket and stay there till spring.

BTW everyone, my newest great nephew came home today. I saw him Sat morning and cried. No kids myself but around 25 nieces and nephews or great ones. First time seeing one the day after being born, and only 6# 4 oz it was like Santa finally brought me something this year. I just wish his wang wasn't bigger than mine. /default_blink.png Crimson Brantley is home, but won't be seeing too much of the game cause we get awful loud when cheering or bitching. Don't want to scare the little thing to death. /default_smile.png

Do I hit the image icon to upload pics? I'm not used to this forum, and I'm not a quick learner.

@Jewy: great interjection! and by all means good luck, man with the spreads... /default_biggrin.png

@HighTide: to upload an image i believe it may have to be located on the internet or available for the app to access, not sure... your Roll Crimson Tide is looking pretty sharp already 21 up. i tell you its the damn long wait between games. it can strip away the chemistry and focus and the momemtum if you will... /default_sad.png

looking forward to this weekend's games! the 49'ers are extremely tough and that whole quaterback thing, got to feel sorry for Smith-lol. but they are not the number 1 seed by accident. the winner of that game for sure wraps up Superbowl spot in my opinion. just anxious that its the Pack.

cheers!

OG

Is it just me or did anyone else feel like the Ravens took something others didn't want them to have? I felt like the Broncos got a lot of breaks, and there were too many penalties being called. You can call that long pass a break if you want to but it was just gawd awful secondary play. I honestly almost felt sorry for fans of the Broncos even though I wanted the Ravens to win.

Either way it was a great game. I'm not sure if another team can stop the 'Niners though. Obviously any team can get another, as the Giants showed last year, but they looked good yesterday. I hope at least one of todays games are just as good. But it looks like the Seahawks are going to have a hard time.

Well, all I know is that I don't know much after the weekend's gridiron festivities. However, I do see your point on the Ravens having claimed a prize that most had already gift wrapped for Peyton. And you're precisely right on the Broncos' secondary play. Manning made his share of mistakes, but made some plays and has won before despite worse performances. Champ Bailey, on the other hand, got demolished and out-played damn near every down. You can survive a tip ball pick and a bad ball pick 6, but you just can't give up 3 big play home run balls and expect to win in the playoffs. The Ravens are incrediblely fortunate to have survived 2 special teams TD's. And with that, Peyton's a bridesmaid once again, albeit a well paid one.

Didn't see the Kaepernick Show debuting against the Pack either. Sorry OG, that had to be painful! What can you say? The kid dominated in every way a QB can. Not sure what GB could have done, to be candid. Just the Niners' day.

The good news is, although I was wrong on Denver winning, I took Baltimore +9.5 and made a little spare change. Just didn't see the Ravens NOT keeping it close. Same deal on ATL and SEA. Picked the wrong winner, but beat the house with SEA +3. And the Pats over Houston was a no-brainer. 3 for 4 make Jewy happy camper!

So then, SF just looks like too much for ATL to handle, even at home. K-Fever may have taken hold, but I struggle to see SF not winning by at least 10. Maybe more. Sorry, just not sold on the Ice Man and his birds just yet. I'll have to see the line as far as wagers, but I think the Ray Lewis Farewell Tour wraps up in Foxboro. Brady and Bill are the real McCoy, and they've quietly made it back, again. It'll take divine intervention to get a win for BAL. Looks like a SF - NE Super Bowl, and I think Brady comes up a little short again this year.

After the Falcons let the Hawks get back in what began as a rout I think you are right. I would love for ATL to make it to the big game and win it all though. There are few other cities with such great followers who have been let down by team after team. Truth is in this area they have the only real pro sports to follow. The Saints are also big around here but the drive is a lot longer.

You seem to do pretty well picking games Jewy. I personally suck at it. I would have thought taking ND +10 was a good idea. But I'm glad it didn't get that close because every game this year was either not a game or too damn close, and we were 2 for 3 in the close ones. A&M sniffing out that goal line pass was great coaching on their part. That QB of theirs is going to be a pita for the rest of the SEC for a couple of more years at least.

I really hate to see FB season drawing to a close. It's the only sport I care for, and that is mainly college. Does anyone else remember when pro broadcasts used to have graphics telling a players name and what school they were from? It seems like the NFL would want to do that to so people like me could proudly point out U of A players to Auburn fans. I'm just kidding, I would never watch a game with an Auburn fan. /default_smile.png

I will go out on a limb and take your picks too Jewy. Doesn't look like I can go wrong following your lead, although I have to point out I picked the Niners earlier. I didn't see the Pats there at the time but I can now. Best of luck on the next round, if you win big kick me a few purple footballs please! ;)

thanks for the condolences Jewy, yes, i am quite saddened indeed... oh-hum... man, was that an embarrassment! K'nick is something else. he has impressed me and many others. i thought the inexperience was going to pay in our favor but he composed nicely after that buckle first play interception for TD by Shields... i thought we had it. the Kid got that one... he is like 3 quaterbacks rolled into one. he has the athletisicsm, pocket presence and Rivers/Favre esque gunslinging of an arm.

them falcons sure did almost choke. the 49'ers are the team i love to hate now. i like them as a team, they are very tough yet they beat my Packers. i also am rooting for them for Moss... how about Moss, future hall of famer with no hardware... LOL and as for the Pats and Ravens, i want the ravens to win but reality is going to make a big check on this one. Brady and company are hot but just lost Gronk due to a rebroken forearm. not sure he'll make it next week or even the rest of the season. time will tell so they say. but a STORY i'd like to see is a Harbaugh brother gridiron coaching match. that would be something to watch. and it would be nice to see the Ravens, Lewis, Reed getting older one retiring go out with a bang.

rooting for Ravens vs. 49'ers in SB but i think Brady proves too much and the 49'ers are just steamrolling teams. disciplined, tactical, and precision... they are too much for Atlanta and Ryan will play yet another playoff swan song.

good stuff...

cheers everyone!

OG

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back