Pharmacy for Pet Meds

thor

Does anyone know of a pharmacy that also sells meds for pets (dogs)? I need to get Metacam, It's an anti-inflammatory drug for oral use (liquid).

I take it you mean without a vet? You can submit a request to 1800petmeds & they'll contact your vet for an OK. Otherwise it's just a liquid form of meloxicam. You could try getting the human version and crushing the equivalent dose into the dog's food. Kiwidrug has meloxicam.

Hi Biteme, thanks for answering. It is without the vet. Almost as bad as people dr's. I'm trying to find the liquid version. I saw it someplace and don't remember where. She had the medicine but ran out,(sounds familiar). I'll keep looking, it's bound to show up someplace. She has to have knee surgery and this stuff helps alot.

@thorhave a browse about the latest finding on metacam. It is very hard on the kidneys and is over prescribed in cats. It is a non steroidal anti inflammatory or NSAID. If the cat has inflammation then I bet it's use but for post op pain and other types then they can use opioids but choose not to. The drug reps give huge discounts on it and it's the number one drug used by the money grabbing vets. I really have a healthy scepticism of vets and because of the massive mark up on drugs like the extremely cheap prednisone. I asked the vet if I could use the pred that I get but was patronised and told the pet tablets are totally different. I paid £60 & £90 for ome week supplies of 2 X 5mg per day and when I got them, they were exactly the same as mine. Same packing, same company just a slightly different instruction leaflet. Just for balance, the cost to buy is 40p for 8 X 5mg for a weeks supply. Please be mindful of metacam and maybe look into it further before you go ahead. If it's non inflammatory in nature then other meds are better used and this is backed up by the latest research into the damage that metacam can cause to their little kidneys and dependent upon their age. Good,luck. I love my cats so look after them very well

Incidentally, I am looking for methyl prednisone or AKA Depomedrone if anyone can find it. The vet charges silly money for just 4mls and its doing my head in and bank balance to pay the huge amount that is asked for 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jools, Thank you for posting this info. I will look into it. I don't want to create any more problems then there are already. Pet medicine is really costly, (I should include her in my medical insurance as a child--lol!). If I come across prednisone I will let you know.

T

@thor your are  welcome. The information on overuse of metacam and the potential damage to the kidneys is widely available in a web search 

(I know this thread is old and my post might not be directly relevant but just putting it out there in case someone may find this information useful)

i use canadavet.com for flea and heart worm meds that need script. Pricey and takes a long time for delivery (sigh...) but I can't EVER get out of a vet visit without spending at least $150. And I have 3 cats and a dog- my vet charges a $70 "office visit" fee. It's insane. Office visit and then "exam" and any meds. For 3 cats and a dog to get flea treatment/ear mite combination (Revolution) drops, the price is steep on canadavet.com, but taking them all to the vet PLUS meds cost would be upwards of $800 every 6 months. 

Anyways I get pet meds from there but also have diluted or reduced human meds to animal doses using online conversion calculators (e.g., doxycycline). 

I paid last year my little guy had 6 small tiny no root teeth pulled, & had 2 moderate 1 root & a small 2 root tooth taken.  I was given 4 tram 50's broken up 4 ways each. Cost $60.00.  As I thought he'd need them & not wanting him in pain, being in  chronic pain myself, I went a head & bought the meds. He took 1 & You could tell he preferred to just deal w/ the mouth pain & me 2 be right there w/ him. That Vet took me for nearly $1,100 In less then a month for a $250.00 tooth cleaning..Long story, but thank God he made it through. His teeth are VERY VERY bad again, but hes getting to be 11 yrs old. After the last exp. Don't know what too do. Have called around, plenty of vets want to see him vet visit 1st then range from $750-1500.That's just until what they see..

I paid last year my little guy had 6 small tiny no root teeth pulled, & had 2 moderate 1 root & a small 2 root tooth taken.  I was given 4 tram 50's broken up 4 ways each. Cost $60.00.  As I thought he'd need them & not wanting him in pain, being in  chronic pain myself, I went a head & bought the meds. He took 1 & You could tell he preferred to just deal w/ the mouth pain & me 2 be right there w/ him. That Vet took me for nearly $1,100 In less then a month for a $250.00 tooth cleaning..Long story, but thank God he made it through. His teeth are VERY VERY bad again, but hes getting to be 11 yrs old. After the last exp. Don't know what too do. Have called around, plenty of vets want to see him vet visit 1st then range from $750-1500.That's just until what they see..
the teeth cleanings and teeth work are outrageous. I know vets have to make a living too, and i think they know if we are willing to take our pet to the doctor (many would just let a pet be sick or in pain and die) then we will do everything in our power and pay all the money we can to help them. Like they are our kids. My mom's dog had a parasite and they went to the vet last month - $350 for exam, looking at something (poop i think) from the dog under microscope, and medicine for a week. As much as $150 I could have understood...the whole visit took about 40 minutes. Maybe someone on the boards is a vet or knows a vet and can explain it...but it just blows my mind. Im going to get pet insurance for my dog at least, I'm looking into that. 

@ajmorgan99  I have looked at pet insurance for my boxer and it really did not make financial sense.  I take her to the vet once a year for a check up and shots so my costs are fairly inexpensive.  I did have to take my boxer to the emergency vet for some sort of stomach bug and it was expensive but well worth it.  I think over the life of my baby the premiums would add up and cover the cost of many visits. Not to mention the deductible. Maybe they have emergency insurance or something where the premiums are low and they only cover emergencies??  

I've had so many emergencies with my 4 kitties ...cancer scare and surgery then another one with broken leg - first surgery was to put a pin and screw - that didn't work so 2nd surgery was amputation. I swear I couldn't make it work financially without that Care Credit card. 

Hi all,

I'm new here.  My beloved cat Kiwi is dying of Lymphoma (a tumor between her eyes is growing daily).  I am a jazz musician and can't afford chemo or radiation, or any of the procedures that might have saved her life (and am wracked with guilt about that), so I'm desperately just trying to improve her end days and maintain a quality of life for my much loved little girl.  My vet prescribed Prednesone, the pain med Buprenorphine (liquid) and an anti-biotic called Anitrobe Aquadrops (to compensate for the immune depression the pred yields).  But I can't afford to sustain these meds purchases at this vet's current costs.  I barely made rent last month, and I need other alternatives.  So -- I'm here desperately looking for a pet pharma who can find these things and who ships to Canada (or is in Canada).  Our dollar is very weak right now next to the US dollar, so US products tend be almost 30% more, just by virtue of our terrible dollar.

Any information or advice would be hugely appreciated.

@thor  best as well as safest thing i use for my dogs is duralactin.  Some of the others like rymadyl aren't very safe long term 

Try valleyvetsupply for metacam

@Brownman you sound like such a lovely gentle soul I'm so sorry to hear about Kiwi. I have a cat too I'm not original with names he's orange so we call him orange cat. He was abandoned by our house and hit by a car and pretty much broken everywhere then after the cost of surgery he got a tumor on the side of his face which my Vet did for a quarter of the price because he was abandoned and feral. My cat takes bayer aspirin every other day and it seems to help and he's also on Suboxone squirtable injections by mouth but I don't know how you can find suboxone for cats without a prescription. I'll be on the lookout and get my son involved he volunteers at an animal shelter just for cats! He's in Denver two hours behind me I'll ask him if he can ask the vets there if they can help kiwi or we can start a gofundme site for his meds!  I'll pm you when I talk to my son. Best wishes this is so sad!

I use an Australian Vet site as well as an American site, no prescription required! Not sure if I should post sites here but here goes...

Also for my dogs, when there poop gets funky and runny I put them on DiaGel which you can buy on Amazon. I went straight to the Diagel  (buy the large dog size) $17.95 and dole out the doses, within 24 hours the runs were GONE!  It is amazing ! Vets use it all the time and OMG it really works! I also mix dried pumpkin powder in the small amount of wet food they are allowed. DiaGel from Amazon and they take it, doesn't taste nasty like Imodium!  

• A veterinarians first choice for treating bacterial diarrhea. Unique, palatable formulas for dogs, works within 24 hours.
  • Diarrhea Control is an orally administered product to aid in controlling diarrhea symptoms such as E.Coli and Salmonella in the upper GI tract.
  • These causes include: Diet and/or water changes, Environment changes, Stress, Food allergies, Indiscretions in diet.
  • A one-time dosage should firm stools within 24 hour
https://www.budgetpetworld.com

https://www.jefferspet.com

You have to think outside the box but they sell antibiotics that could only get from your vet for simple reoccurring things like ear infections and such, I hope this helps with your furbabies!! 🐶🐱

I apologize as I could not find the Metacam at either pharmacy, but they did have good natural alternatives might be worth and less tough on the kidneys!  I know you want the best for your furbaby, I understand!

Archieangel said:
New here, but not new to the game. But I guess all new relationships have to start somewhere with building trust. So here is my contribution to our four legged friends that we love, but sometimes forget about. If you ever need meds or drugs for your pets, no prescription is required unless you live in the UK. It's a legit pharmacy. Shipping to USA was 7 days and was cheaper than what my vet charged. I paid $56 for a 2 month supply of Vetmedin for my husky with the vet. But for $72 (included shipping), I was able to get a 6 month supply from them and no expensive vet fees even for just refill. 

vetdispense.co.uk
comment moved...

Does anyone know if Betamox (oral liquid antibiotic)

is off the market? Ive been told by local vets it is. It was great for clearing eye infections. 

Does anyone know if Betamox (oral liquid antibiotic)

is off the market? Ive been told by local vets it is. It was great for clearing eye infections. 
Just checked with the vet, they dont manufacture it anymore.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back