Postman made a comment.

Meltheangel

So yesterday the postman delivered a package and as i am signing for it he mentions that I have been getting a lot of packages lately. Also, my wife had to pick up a package from the post office because we were not home at the time of delivery and the lady at the counter said she could not find one of the 2 packages. She then told my wife that if she wants it she needs to tell the supervisor to look for it. She also asked my wife what she was getting from India. My wife didn't answer.  It was the 6th package in about a month because I just wanted to order once and get it over with but I guess ordering in bulk is not a good idea. Am I being paranoid or should I worry?

honestly I would be soo nervous, but I feel if you where going to be in trouble you would have known it..

they at the delivery service are nosie by nature..if they ask just giggle and smile....and change subject like, wow...can you believe how hot it is today...phew..when will this heat wave be over...and then smile...not nervous just  nice kind smile

/default_smile.png

If you live in a small town where people are just nosy, like where I live, I would not worry about it. However, you may want to consider setting up a p.o box in another town. And if you're going to order in bulk actually order in bulk. As in one big big order. Especially since it appears as though you have established that this is a legit vendor. Good luck to you

In my opinion and as someone who has worked for the post office you have nothing to worry about.  I would say something like.. yes, I do spend a lot of time on ebay and smile!!  I had a package that was not delivered and Amazon showed it was mailed and when I went to the post office to inquire about it I was also told that the supervisor would have to look for it.  Normal procedure.  And of course what you are ordering from India?  Spices!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion and as someone who has worked for the post office you have nothing to worry about.  I would say something like.. yes, I do spend a lot of time on ebay and smile!!  I had a package that was not delivered and Amazon showed it was mailed and when I went to the post office to inquire about it I was also told that the supervisor would have to look for it.  Normal procedure.
Suzie I will be coming to you with a question via pm. Sent a friend mail and didn't go well. Phone dying. Pm u later? Ty!

I would tell them that Ive been doing a lot of bidding on Ebay for Ethiopian Opals.  I used to win opals from India all the time.

I know I would get antsy if the post office couldn't

find my mail that had my newest opal purchase!   I live in a small super nosy town, the post office

is the worst so I know how you feel.  Ive been paranoid about receiving before.  If I ask myself if I am receiving too often then I probably

need to slow down or find another way.  Good Luck

All great advice. And mostly reassuring. Thank you all. I was thinking that maybe the postman was just getting a little bit tired of going up my stairs. Haha and the lady at the post office well, just plain nosy. This is the last time I use this address. I do have a p.o box that I used last year but I thought I would mix it up. The staff at my p.o. Box location are cool compared to this other post office my package goes to when I'm not home to receive it. Thanks for the support!

Hey guys, just want to update you guys on my packages. I have been receiving them without any problem. Except for the fact that the post man seems to express a little bit of irritation, everything is ok. When he had me sign yesterday he said "you have more of these packages." This is the last time I use this address for sure! 

He really said that?

"more of these packages" for you or in general?

Sounds unprofessional to me. It would freak me out though and have me signing up for a PO box, no doubt.

I'd have really been tempted to say something snarky like "yes, am I putting you out having to deliver them?".

Sorry that your postman is an ass.

He really said that?

"more of these packages" for you or in general?
For me. Yeah that's why I am never using this address again. 
You should use your address: That mail man is a Melba Toast...nothing else!!

USPS has a nice office for things like that (Compliance Dept.) in Manhattan...google it :-)
I did use my address but I live in an apartment and I usually use p.o box but I just wanted to mix it up. I will google that for sure, thanks. 

blackfish said:
This is exactly why I tip my mailman for Xmas and whatnot! Oh god, that would be nerve wracking! It's already the worst to go in and pickup a missed package.

On a tangent - I've seen my fair share of errors of all sorts from them, but I just got introduced to a new one.

Package ships out from IN.

Origin..

Procsess Eyesee...

Then bam

USPS Trackin is unavailable 4 this product 4 IN.

/default_huh.pngWut?

The previous information for my mailspotting had disappeared and replaced with just their wonderful phrase. Thankfully, I still have my texts that were sent to me so I can read those before bed to feel good. It's just like posts from way back that had similar problems, I guess it will just peek out when it isn't scared. I was half cracking up, wanting to yell at it "You are going the wrong way!!!"

The thing just arrived here and I guess I scared it off! Wish there were others that were going through this, but oh well, they never cease to amaze me.
Do you really tip the mailman? Wow, I never thought of that. Do you mind me asking how much. That sounds like a good idea. 

blackfish said:
@Meltheangel Ya! I like to go out if I see him coming down the street and just shoot the shit with him, cool guy, but is retiring next year :(.

I'm not rich for sure haha, but if it's Christmas or maybe something random like postman appreciation day I like to give him 20 bucks or maybe something corny like a best mailman mug!

I try and do the same, a bit for the garbagemen, but they don't do that great of a job : /.

But yeah, it has helped. Since we just talk, I'll ask him if I have a question about a package or vent about the sorting being slow. He will typically go out of his way and check - in fact he found one package just stuck in his truck once, right near the passenger side. I knew that it was mine right away :).

Just being appreciative of all the crap they have to do goes a long way.
well that sounds cool. I used to talk to the mailman that used to ho to my house growing up. I have only been living here for about 2 years so I guess I need to warm up to him. /default_smile.png

thanks again for the tip.

Okay, so I just checked tracking number on the last of my four packages I've been waiting for and it says "USPS Tracking is unavailable for this product for India" 

what the hell does that mean? I know for a fact one of them made it to my city. The same post office where the lady was giving me a hard time and asking me what I was receiving from India.

very concerned now. /default_sad.png

has anyone had this message on tracking?

blackfish said:
Yup, had all my previous info on it deleted, and only get that phrase for days now. Apparently it happened last year if you search the board.

I'm not too worried. Seems like they are doing maintenance or something. I've never seen it before this.

I would love to hear from someone who got their package. From what I have read, it most likely will just appear in your box... Though I would love confirmation from anyone.

I'll let you know if I get any change. My other one has just been 2 origins. Both been unchanged status for a week : /
thank you blackfish. I hope you are right on this. I will try to pm tonight if not tomorrow for sure because I'm getting up early tomorrow. Thanks again

Hi and a good evening to all,

I receive packages quite a bit as I am doing my Christmas shopping early and I have NEVER had one c/o from any person at the Post office, or Fed-x, ect..

Now, I'm wondering....hummmmmmm....should I be a tiny bit concerned if I receive bulk at first?

alley

If you are going to set a precedent, might as well do it right. Bulk can only be so much weight as far as this stuff is concerned. I think my 2k packs weigh 1.2 lb and often I estimate its accuracy by reading the carrier weight. 

Might as well mention now to be careful about mentioning the shippers names. Someone else will otherwise. Its a lot to remember and I often have to edit my comments. /default_wink.png Good luck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back