Pre-employment Drug Test

Does anyone know if narco and percs show as the same on a pre-employment panel? My friend has the script for narco but is taking percs when he runs out of the narco. 

Thank you in advance! 

Does anyone know if narco and percs show as the same on a pre-employment panel? My friend has the script for narco but is taking percs when he runs out of the narco. 

Thank you in advance! 

Edited to add: SHEW! I read through all these threads and yikes! The answer is "yes" and "no" AND "maybe"   🤣😂🤣😂...IF anyone has experience in this we would love the feedback! We also can't tell what panel test they are using as that would probably help too! 

BUMPING...

I am going to try to bump this and maybe add another few questions.

As always there are so many "expert" answers on the internets 😂🤦‍♀️ but I do know we have some real experts here so hopefully this "Hail Mary" reaches a few.

We got test strips and my friend is detoxing. So we will start testing tonight, he is hydrating very well. In looking for info about tinging the urine yellow, because he will be so hydrated (read probably looking diluted), does he need B12 or B2. I have read so many articles with "no its B2" AND "no, it B12."

I do believe I have read enough to know that without knowing what panel they are using the answer to my orginal question "can a urine screen tell between perking vs viking" cannot be answered. A good portion of my experience (and research) tell me its probably only going to show opiates (this isn't a transportation job, its an office job) and with a script he would be fine. BUT!

I too have read that the lab (maybe the company) has to tell what panel they are using but RIGHT--how do you ask that question beforehand?

I know so many weed smokers who use someone else's urine. My friend is just too nervous to do that.

So...bump...anyone have any good feedback or personal experiences y'all can share?!

PS: We have until Friday.

BUMPING...

I am going to try to bump this and maybe add another few questions.

As always there are so many "expert" answers on the internets 😂🤦‍♀️ but I do know we have some real experts here so hopefully this "Hail Mary" reaches a few.

We got test strips and my friend is detoxing. So we will start testing tonight, he is hydrating very well. In looking for info about tinging the urine yellow, because he will be so hydrated (read probably looking diluted), does he need B12 or B2. I have read so many articles with "no its B2" AND "no, it B12."

I do believe I have read enough to know that without knowing what panel they are using the answer to my orginal question "can a urine screen tell between perking vs viking" cannot be answered. A good portion of my experience (and research) tell me its probably only going to show opiates (this isn't a transportation job, its an office job) and with a script he would be fine. BUT!

I too have read that the lab (maybe the company) has to tell what panel they are using but RIGHT--how do you ask that question beforehand?

I know so many weed smokers who use someone else's urine. My friend is just too nervous to do that.

So...bump...anyone have any good feedback or personal experiences y'all can share?!

PS: We have until Friday.
I think you're not getting one clear answer because it depends on what type of test is being used. Yes, there are tests that can distinguish between Norco and Percocet. Hydrocodone (Norco) metabolizes into hydromorphone. Oxycodone (Percocet) metabolizes into oxymorphone. So, yes, there are urine screens that distinguish between the two.

Employers often use cheaper, quick-drop UAs, which only show whether there are any opiate metabolites in the urine, but not which ones. These tests are not terribly accurate and employers vary as to whether they will send the sample to a lab to check up on exactly which opiate was used.

Doctors are more likely to use the more sensitive tests, because they want to know if their patient is taking an opiate other than the one prescribed and they want to know the level of metabolites to know how much the patient has taken. However, some doctors use the cheaper quick-drops, and even the more sensitive tests are prone to doctor error.

Opiates break down into what looks like other prescription opiates. Codeine metabolizes into morphine. Hydrocodone metabolites look exactly like Dilaudid (hydromorphone). Compliant patients have been thrown out of treatment because the doctor misreads even the more sensitive and accurate tests as though the metabolites were the pre-metabolized drug, as though the person who took codeine was actually taking morphine, or the person taking Norco was actually sneaking some Dilaudid, etc.

Yeah, you'd think doctors would know better than that, but....well...C's get degrees! Worse, the lab tests do show other minor metabolites that will clearly indicate which drug was taken, but I think some doctors are just looking for an excuse to get rid of their long-term pain patients and the test gives them an excuse.

There just isn't one single correct answer to your question. It depends on what type of test the employer is using, whether test error occurs, whether they send it in for lab analysis, and whether the person interpreting the test knows what the hell they're doing.

Most prescription opiates are out of the body within three days, so if it's possible to just skip them for a few days before the test, that's usually the best bet for passing the test.

@Jesse thank you for the reply..The urine test we are using tests for opeea and oxcee. We used two different types of UA. Does that help? This employee does a 10 panel which pulls for ocea and opea and of course 8 others. 

At first I didn't pay attention to both categories. Then about the 2nd test I see the two different categories.  

I have determined the purple prks I received are NOT prks. The oksee would be registering instead of opea. Only opea is hitting. Am I right? 

But sweet jesus 125 hours without anything and its still testing positive for opea. 🤦‍♀️ Drop dead for test is tomorrow. Legit script for narko--which would register as an opea. Could have done the test that day as it stands now. Although then I would have missed the whole ping for MET for two days. 😳

Although that's in another thread. Sent those purples in for lab test to see the whole MET thing. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jesse thank you for the reply..The urine test we are using tests for opeea and oxcee. We used two different types of UA. Does that help?
Well, not really, because I don't know what type of tests you used, how accurate they are, or what cutoffs each has for indicating a positive result. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of drug tests on the market. In general, anything you can get a hold of outside a lab is going to be less accurate than lab testing.

I would guess the two different categories on a single test are probably one testing for 6-acetylmorphine, which is a metabolite unique to heroin, and the other is looking for morphine and morphine derivatives, so they at least believe that they can tell at a glance if a positive result means you're shooting heroin versus taking some type of prescription painkiller.

That's just a guess though, so, no I wouldn't say for sure that means the purples you took are fake. It depends on too many factors to say that (how long between when you took them and when you took the test, whether the test you took is sensitive enough to oxymorphone, and whether the test itself isn't just crap. A lot of them are highly inaccurate in both the false positive and false negative directions.

It does surprise me you're still triggering the test five days later. If you haven't taken any type of opiate in those five days, I would be suspicious of those results. After three days (usually less), the chances of an accurate positive result are very slim. I once tested myself when I knew I should definitely have been positive for THC, but only for THC. I'd taken nothing else in well over a month, even over-the-counter. The test came up negative for THC, but positive for cocaine, which I've never taken in my life. So that's the level of test-shittiness that we're talking about here.

I sympathize. It's stressful. I resent the intrusion into my privacy enough already, but I resent it even more that these tests are all over the map, and yet it's hard to overcome the stigma and negative consequences of a false positive result. If you've got a legit Norco prescription, I would just be prepared to show them that in the event of a positive result and then hope for the best.

@Jesse thank you! That does help. I guess it's all moot anyway as the test is going to happen. And I too am floored about all this elapsed time. Not that I am an expert it just seems from everything I can read it's 2-4 days. The only thing I can figure is it must be the non-functioning pancreas and/or the massive amount of insulin being consumed right now. The stress is causing sugars in the high 300s. So I am standing on top of the syringe 24/7. 

Thanks for your commiserate words. I hate all of this! But that doesn't change the situation! 😳 It is what it is. 

@Jesse just to close this loop--took a UA right before the actual test this morning. Still pos for opeas. 

Get there, they do the rapid screen and it's negative. I mean happy for that--irritated at how much time, stress and money has been wasted on these damn tests. 

CRAZY shit. This is what happens when one has way too much time on their hands. 😳

A drug holiday was necessary anyway so that can be marked "done"! 

Thanks again! 

I once took 12 Panel test did not smoke a blunt for 2 years but had one solid and faint one on bottom.  I was pissed! So THINK what is made in USA anymore ? NOTHING and I would bet NEXT mega Millions winner ticket those tests made in some place like not CHINA but Mexico or India maybe Malaysia who knows and probably sit in some third world 125 degree warehouse for months. testing chem's which are strips attached to inside & get degraded and give  false Positives. Plus drug testing is not even about screening for good or bad applicants ; about MONEY MONEY! MONEY! INSURANCE Liability and lessen of risks?  Also I ma sure the GOVT gives kudos to all major players in it's idea of social control. Funny they juiced up actual soldiers at Aberdeen proving grounds long ago on LSD in experiment. However next time enjoy some RC Butylone rolled on it night before 12 panel and passed with flying colors.... LOL 😁

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back