Premier League - UK

Soccer lol 
I think he or she was trying not to confuse people as American's call football "soccer" and what we call American football they call "football".

Anyway, I think we (Newcastle United) will be back next year, under Benitez. Pity in some ways - the Championship is much less stressful!

I think he or she was trying not to confuse people as American's call football "soccer" and what we call American football they call "football".

Anyway, I think we (Newcastle United) will be back next year, under Benitez. Pity in some ways - the Championship is much less stressful!
I was only messing. Its just funny any sport that's not started in US and popular world wide they call a different name.

Don't understand how you got relegated anyway. Maybe it's for the parachute payments. Tens of Millions for relegation.

It's to big of an English club to be second teir for to long. If there doing well ni the championship the attendance will go up, along with cash flow. Depends if its invested back into the team, else you'lll be known as a yo yo team  

It's not premier league, but we're premier off the park.  Anyway, good old Bermondseys finest on a 2 game win streak! League one shaping up to be the tightest of the 4. I predict Millwall to make it to the top 2 if we get back fully on track. NOLU!

It's not premier league, but we're premier off the park.  Anyway, good old Bermondseys finest on a 2 game win streak! League one shaping up to be the tightest of the 4. I predict Millwall to make it to the top 2 if we get back fully on track. NOLU!
Millwall in the premier league would be a good day out.  Probably kick off most games, especially with the teams like Chelsea ,Tottenham, Swansea Stoke   etc. Can't see them doing what Blackpool did a few seasons ago. Back to back promotion to the PL. Would be good though if they did and I don't even support them, just think its funny some of the stuff the fans do.

Millwall in the premier league would be a good day out.  Probably kick off most games, especially with the teams like Chelsea ,Tottenham, Swansea Stoke   etc. Can't see them doing what Blackpool did a few seasons ago. Back to back promotion to the PL. Would be good though if they did and I don't even support them, just think its funny some of the stuff the fans do.
I would love it, but I can't see it, we're a shadow of the late 80's early 90's team. Lots of people forget Teddy Sheringham spent most of his career at the Den too! Yeah, we've no shame, we'll attack segregation lines and toe to toe the filth wherever possible, you don't even see the OB at the Den much, not in the stands anyway. Last time I was at Chelsea we pumped them out the league cup 1996, it was lovely! 

@PTFC Teddy sheringham was a legend. Didn't release myself he played for Millwall. I rember him coming to Man U after leaving Tottenham. Also when he played for England.  Sheringham and shearer aka SaS probably one of the best England striker partnership I have seen.  

@PTFC Teddy sheringham was a legend. Didn't release myself he played for Millwall. I rember him coming to Man U after leaving Tottenham. Also when he played for England.  Sheringham and shearer aka SaS probably one of the best England striker partnership I have seen.  
Yeah, 1983-91, scored 93 goals in 220 appearances, when we got relegated in 91, sold him to Forest, and then he went on to Spurs. He was our record scorer for years until the current gaffer Neil Harris overtook his record. One of the best finishers I've ever seen, and amazing with Shearer. 

Yeah, 1983-91, scored 93 goals in 220 appearances, when we got relegated in 91, sold him to Forest, and then he went on to Spurs. He was our record scorer for years until the current gaffer Neil Harris overtook his record. One of the best finishers I've ever seen, and amazing with Shearer. 
Shearer was immense. Could slam the ball in the net from a variety of distances/angles, and his heading skills were amazing too. I am a Newcastle fan, but he was a fantastic player.

On to the Champions League, how amazing was the City result against Barcelona? Pep is gradually getting the best out of his players! I like City, were nothing for years, and their fans aren't as big headed as other 'monied' clubs.

What irks me most is you get paid LOTS more for finishing in the bottom of the premiership or in the top end of the championship,compaired to winning the Scottish premiership.I know more people around the globe are more interested in the English premiership but the gulf in money is HUGE!!

Ps I love the English premiership also but I just find the distribution of money far too great in difference.

Peace 

Bliss....

It's all to do with money. TV rights (Sky BT)  which makes every single prem team filthy rich in comparison. There are only two Scottish teams really known around the world whereas the EPL I think only Real Madrid and Barca are more famous than the top 5-6 teams. 

They look at the stars playing in the league, the competitiveness and fixture whereas Dundee v Inverness on a Friday night isn't going to cut it.

Dont get me wrong I'm Scottish and completely agree but what we need to do is focus on the youth academies and bringing through talent that way. Hibs used to be successful at it, Falkirk are brilliant, Rangers have one of the best facilities in the world (don't get me started on the lack of well anyone of note) We're never going to command massive TV right but that is the way forward. Llook at Ajax, Porto etc. 

i'll irk you some more. The bottom three teams who are relegated from the EPL receive umbrella payments when they drop down. So they will still earn initially what they would if they were still in the premiership. WOW!

It's all to do with money. TV rights (Sky BT)  which makes every single prem team filthy rich in comparison. There are only two Scottish teams really known around the world whereas the EPL I think only Real Madrid and Barca are more famous than the top 5-6 teams. 

They look at the stars playing in the league, the competitiveness and fixture whereas Dundee v Inverness on a Friday night isn't going to cut it.

Dont get me wrong I'm Scottish and completely agree but what we need to do is focus on the youth academies and bringing through talent that way. Hibs used to be successful at it, Falkirk are brilliant, Rangers have one of the best facilities in the world (don't get me started on the lack of well anyone of note) We're never going to command massive TV right but that is the way forward. Llook at Ajax, Porto etc. 

i'll irk you some more. The bottom three teams who are relegated from the EPL receive umbrella payments when they drop down. So they will still earn initially what they would if they were still in the premiership. WOW!
The Championship is the wealthiest non-top flight football division in the world and the seventh richest division in Europe. - Wiki, but I already knew that. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just look at Newcastle (forget about the weekend they've been spectacular). They obviously don't deserve to be down there but they are owned by satan. They have arguably one of the best/most successful managers in world football and 50000+ attendances, premiership class players . Aston villa have won the European cup for goodness sake.. albeit a long time ago. They're so many teams with the financial clout it makes Scottish football look like the amateurs. The money is astronomical  

Scottish football is a joke.  Celtic winning their 100th trophy lol. It means nothing when you are the only team who have a chance of winning trophys. Even with Rangers being back inthe top flight its still don't seem  like much of an achievement. 

There was talk of the English and Scottish leagues joining together. Sure hope that don't happen. Having a 7hr or more journey to peterhead etc lol

I don't think many of the top divisions anywhere are particularly competitive, a couple of 1/2 hit wonders apart, it's mostly the same 3 who've won the English Premier since its inception. Money, Bosman, average foreigners, the abolition of the 3 foreigner rule in Europe, combined, have throttled the game in my book. 

I don't think many of the top divisions anywhere are particularly competitive, a couple of 1/2 hit wonders apart, it's mostly the same 3 who've won the English Premier since its inception. Money, Bosman, average foreigners, the abolition of the 3 foreigner rule in Europe, combined, have throttled the game in my book. 
I sort of agree.  At least you have 4 potential winners who are almost always in the champions league spots with the odd surprise title contenders for the EPL.  The Championship is quite competitive. Thats probably the level of the SPL.  

Seria A is competitive when there is no match fixing scandals. The French top division has a few contenders.   La liga is kind of a two horse race, along with the Bundasliga. 

I think the majority of the SPL would be lower championship at best, the Old firm really are worldwide brands though, if they had access to the funds in the big leagues, they would be English Premier top 4. They're arguably bigger historical institutions than anyone else in UK with the probable exception of Man U. Most English teams would get by without gate money nowadays, Scottish teams rely on it still. Suppose it all comes down to TV/sponsor money nowadays. The French league is still quite competitive right enough, but they have a lot of restrictions on non domestic players at league level, but it's good for their international squad. Even the English national squad is beginning to suffer now, domestic league is generally fantastic, but the old problem of the average foreigners has increased over the years to the detriment of the national team. Scotland has suffered this since the mid 90's, and is only just beginning to come out of it. I seen Millwall in the old first division, and of course you want to to see your team playing the best, but even if it ever happened again, and that's slim to fuck all, it changes things in a big way. Spend big or you're goosed. Overstretch, and you might die. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back