Recently started a new hobby of growing and it is much more enjoyable than I expected!

kimmyelw

During pandemic, I tried to find something I can occupy myself and indoor growing came to my mind immediately to me lol. I got some auto hemp seeds and started my first grow about a month ago. everyday, I am surprised for their resilience, vigorous growth, and having a living thing really improves the mood for some reason! Just wanted to reach out here and share my positive experience so far :D

Good thing it's not prohibited in your place. I heard it hard to grow especially if the temperature is not ideal. Good job!

Good thing it's not prohibited in your place. I heard it hard to grow especially if the temperature is not ideal. Good job!
Whoa.. where can i start.. I just had a first harvest from one of my gals. Her wet weight was around 200 g so expecting around 40 g dried. Not much but very happy that she grew all the way to become a beauty.

And about growing... It is really hard to describe the feeling but just growing itself has been extremely therapeutic. I got really attached to my girls, was really happy seeing my girls growing. If my gals are happy, I am happy. If my gals are not, I will do every and anything possible to make them happy. Among all things I tried for my C-PTSD and ADHD (therapy, medication, drugs, do nothing..), growing is the only thing that I really feel like it is curing my internal being. I haven't done anything other than cannabis after started growing, one of the biggest reason being if im having hang over, I might not be able to water my girls and they will be thirsty. It is truly a joy to see girls growing healthy and vigorously. In my 30ish yo life, this is the first time I am connected to something other than myself. Now, I just love caring my girls and not even worried about harvest. I wish you get a chance to grow soon as it is an experience!

@kimmyelw Love this story!!  As someone who also loves growing things (and i have animals too like goats and donkeys) i can deeply relate to the therapeutic nature of it, especially as it relates to cptsd!!!  I dont grow marijuana or other drugs, tho a while back i did grow an acre and a half of poppies for a number of years, but no more.  Anyway, so glad to hear how youve taken to it so deeply and are finding so much healing from it!!

@DoomKitty Haha, thank you! I really wanna show off my gals here also but afraid it might be braking the forum rule so I will refrain myself. After growing, I became like a nosy parent who cannot stop talking about their child. I just wanna talk about my girls, show my girls purely out of pride, something I never felt before but I admit, it is an amazing feeling :D I wish you the best for you and of course your goats and donkeys!

Awww can we get some cutie pie donkey and goat pics? I swear i would just lay in the fields with them and just spend the whole after noon just with my little fur homies. See if any of them are dating. Just small talk. I love animals lol Talk, pet them, maybe see what one has been plotting up his sleeve and tell him to keep it cool for the other donkeys and ill hook him up with extra food. @DoomKitty

Last edited:
@Whoopiegoldburgg222 Ill try and post a pic in the pets section soon!!  I do spend heaps of time with the animals just talking to them and petting them and playing with them.  There's two baby donks and two baby goats right now so its a lot of cute and a lot of play! Love them so much!!

@kimmyelw Im pretty sure its totally fine to post pics of plants if you wanted to!

awwww the little babies are the best! Well I cant wait to see your little cutites. I was at the park this morning and they had a famliy of little duckies but I didnt have any bread to feed them :( , Ill come prepared tomorrow lol 

@DoomKitty

@kimmyelw I know fuck all about marijuana plants but those are so gorgeous!! I love the glistening trichomes!!  Do you keep growing them after harvest or is it more of a one and done situation?

@DoomKitty nah, i would never wanna stop growing. My plants have already been deeply rooted to my lifestyle and I wish I can do this forever :D   I love the fact that every plant is unique and have characteristics. I have 5 more plants ready for harvest within 2-3 weeks XD

@kimmyelw I meant do you keep growing each plant after harvesting from it, or are you supposed to cull the plant and start fresh!  I know nothing about growing weed, so not sure. 

@DoomKitty Oh im sorry, she was stronger than i thought and i must have been too high lol. I am growing autoflowers, which are known to flower without changing light period. Since these plants transition from vegetation to flowering on its own unlike photoperiod plants, I always start from seeds. But because of this, I have freedom to plant as many plants as I want to in any stage! Starting from seeds take much longer but I love the fact that there are no two plants that are same :)

I just had to show her off to the community! Tester nug I pulled from one of the gals nearing harvest and she is the best looking bud I have ever seen in my life!

View attachment 3961
Dang @kimmyelw that is beautiful. I blew it up and its covered in crystal thricomes I have been growing for years I haven't posted my plants lately.You did a great job I have to DM you. I don't even smoke anymore but still love to grow. What strain and what nutes are you using? I use advanced nutes and superthrive great white PK 13-14 and calmag the list goes on. You should pull one of those baby nugs and plant it in whatever medium you use and monster crop it. You will have a freaking tree. I fim the heck out of mine but do give a few days so I don't stress my girls out too much. You did great. Love looking at other peoples grows thanks for sharing.

@kimmyelw Dang for a beginner your plant looks like your not. And you use regular tap water? I use reverse osmosis because of the calcium and crap in the water and use all organic nutes and mediums.. I had to blow it up and look. I would love to look at it through a lupe. Its just covered in beautiful trichomes. I know I have been growing a lot longer than you but your girl looks beautiful! I said in some other thread that my best lesson in growing was living in NorCal near The Emerald triangle from old men that were 10 to 13 year generation growers. They made their own compost tea and if I ever had any problems they would tell me what to do. They were growing huge trees and getting 18 pounds off of Master Kush. There's a lot of trial and error but your doing a great job for a beginner. I am even impressed and believe me living in a rec state now your girl looks better than some growers I know. Once you get some practice in you really need to try monster cropping. They are huge and I can get 25 pounds easily. I assume you have the Maijuana Grow Bible and I love that book to treat sick plants. Be careful with the watering you don't want root rot! You should let it dry a day or two. Stick your finger in the medium if its dry to knuckle then water it. I should not give you advice because I was shocked at how great it looks. Just goes to show that expensive nutes work the same as flora bloom. I actually use that 6 pack for plants I like to mess around with dixie cups. I love growing I have a green thumb but basically all taught to me from old growers. @2earls That's the only good that came from there! Please put more pics up I think your a natural. Keep growing and eventually you will be able to make your own strain. Thanks for the answer. A++++

Love and do not over water be careful. But you seem fine without me! More pics please!!!

Hev

Fun side grow I've done to fit more plants in tiny grow tent I have :) Went really light on trimming as everything was packing so much sugar. She is Sour Crack (green crack lineage) auto!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

@kimmyelw Whoa!!! Beautiful! Also fucking amazing growing them in pringles cans!!!  Curious what the "packing sugar" means in context of finished product or reasons for trimming light?  Again, i dont do the weed and am weed grow naive.  Great work!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back