The Best Free Software

hooter1 said:
HA first.

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I know that's so lame, but I thought it might be funny.
Oh shizz, I didn't even see that and I make it a point to cruse your section.  I guess the doctor is right.... I should get the surgery done to uncross my eyes.  Maybe H or Jewy can strike my post so I don't look like and idiot anymore than I already am.

Hooter you are the man, the guy that fixed my PC wanted to install Microsoft free defender, but I bought Norton360. I am so happy I did, It does everything. I love tuneup it says everything is good for my PC and even told me to optimize things to make my PC better! You have no idea how happy I am with it! I have an Alienware gaming PC with an nvidea g 380 graphics card, I wanted to upgrade to the new 390 but he says it's not worth it, mine is just fine. Playing crysis and ghost is like watching a movie. I don't like xbox or playstion compared to playing on my PC. I have samsung 27" monitor it's so pretty! Norton even scans files and root kits which I had one on my PC which was fixed! I love your advice! Thanks so much, I think you put link up for iPhone security on jewl's place for classy ladies(?) but still can't find it! Meanwhile thanks for the heads up on Facebook link, I won't even attempt to use on my PC , don't want to mess it up again. I'll try with my non clones as my husband says, my iPad,iPhone, and AirMac Pro. The problem is I had to get an Alienware because Apple doesn't make enough games for their pcs. As you can see I'm an apple person, don't know much about dos vs Linux but my PC runs on windows and it's beautiful once again! Thanks so much, you are the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

This is a great thread, High Tide, full of useful info and lots of great ideas from everyone.  I am taking copious notes!

I am faced with a couple of dilemmas and maybe someone can help me out.  

1. Windows XP is end of life on 4.8.2014, meaning, don't call Microsoft, email or carrier pigeon them for info after that.  More importantly they will no longer provide security patches so one could say I am SOL for anyone I work with who stays on XP or has XP apps that don't run on Windows 7.  Windows Easy Transfer doesn't help with proprietary application compatibility and I'm stuck doing some firewall juggling so the apps can be used.   So, in effect, XP's broken and needs to be fixed.   There is no direct upgrade path from XP to Windows 7 Pro and I've got a lot of people I am responsible for getting upgraded.  I've tried going to Vista first then to Win 7 but that is causing me all kinds of other compatibility issues.  I have to do a clean build for each person.  I am using WAIK which allows me to make an image and customize the deployment which is really nice, but it doesn't help with home-grown applications that worked on XP but don't work on Windows 7.  What do I do?   Does anyone else face this?

2. This problem is not specific to any one OS platform.  Since I am responsible for a lot of people's computer problems, I have been using a mix of remote access programs to help them.  A lot of it involves showing people things from their own PC (we both have to share the same screen for training) so a VPN isn't a total solution.  I had been using Logmein Free, but those of you who use this probably got a little love letter from them recently saying it's no longer free.  I've always been a fan of Teamviewer, but they limit free sessions to five minutes and then Boom!  Bye bye.  I'm not a big fan of VNC because on Windows you have to do a one-to-one NAT to get to the endpoint by IP address even if you change the port assignment and this is a pretty nasty security vulnerability.  Also, on Linux (at least Fedora and RHE) the VNC server side won't respond after a reboot unless someone manually allows the session in Gnome, which kinda defeats the purpose.   I've been given a few month's reprieve by Logmein after which they want money to keep using it, and changing a lot of computers from one remote software to another - via a remote session - can be dicey.  Yeeesh!    Has anyone else run into this and what are you doing for free remote control?

BTW, in case you haven't guessed, no one wants to spend money so something like Citrix is not on the table.

I really like this thread, always need help from time to time and maybe I can even help once in a while so any suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,

PR

In case anyone else hasn't already mentioned it..

NINITE.COM is absolutely PRICELESS when setting up new workstations!

AVG, also SOULseek for a free mp3 music downloading program. For getting torrents id recomend uTorrent and 7-zip for zip files

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back