The Difficult Fight Against Counterfeit Drugs

HYPNOTIC.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
There is a new front in the war on drugs, and it's not the kind of drugs you might think. We're not talking about cocaine, heroin or methamphetamines. This is about drugs that could wind up in your medicine cabinet: counterfeit prescription drugs, made with cheaper - sometimes even dangerous - ingredients such as highway paint, floor wax, and boric acid.

Criminal counterfeiters will go to any length to evade detection. We found a shadowy network of criminals with made-up names, constantly changing locations and lots and lots of money: an estimated $75 billion a year.

"60 Minutes" and CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta got the chance to observe a surprise early morning raid in Lima, Peru. Some 200 police in riot gear stormed an indoor market. Their target: counterfeit prescription drugs. And they found them everywhere.

There were crude packaging machines and silk screens with imprints of actual name-brand drugs. Hundreds of thousands of counterfeit medicines collected from that raid were traced back to a house. Through a back door and down a narrow hallway we found a tiny, squalid patio that was actually a fake drug factory, turning out an astonishing number of counterfeit medications.

Peruvian police were led here by someone you wouldn't expect: John Clark, from the American drug company Pfizer.

"I'm looking at this pan with these pills in it. This stuff is going to get into people's medicine cabinets around the world?" Dr. Gupta asked.

"Unfortunately, yes," Clark said.

Clark heads up a global security team assembled by Pfizer. The team includes former FBI, Homeland Security and narcotics agents who work with local police to track down criminals around the world. Counterfeit operations like these are costing drug companies millions of dollars a year.

"This has 'Pfizer' written all over it," Gupta remarked, looking at some of the counterfeit drugs.

"And it's even got the newer Pfizer emblem with the little slant on it and stuff. I mean from the packaging, you'd never know," Clark said.

In the raid, they discovered about two dozen medicines including antibiotics, seizure, blood pressure and pain medications.

"We're in the middle of this very primitive courtyard. This doesn't look like any kind of facility that you'd expect at all. Does this surprise you?" Gupta asked.

"No. No, unfortunately. The quantity of counterfeits you're seeing is phenomenal. The conditions are just abysmal. And if the consumer ever realized that products that they're putting inside their bodies come from this, from dirty water, drying out in the open under a heat lamp, insects and everything else getting into it, contaminants being, you know, brought into the equation and stuff, I think they'd be horrified," Clark said.

According to Clark, counterfeit Pfizer drugs - many from disgusting conditions like the primitive courtyard in Lima - have made their way to pharmacies and hospitals in at least 46 different countries, including England, Canada, and the United States.

"So right now, there are people around the world taking medications to save their own lives who are simply taking the wrong thing, and they don't even know it?" Gupta asked.

"Yes, absolutely," Clark said. "If you have any concerns, you should go to your doctor, should go to your pharmacist. If the pill dissolves differently, if it tastes bitter or differently."

"John, you know, I'm a doctor. I looked at these medicines today. I wouldn't be able to tell if they were fake or not. And that I'm the person they're gonna ask," Gupta remarked. "I don't know the answer. How are other people gonna know the answer?"

"Next step is every pharmaceutical company will take it back, do the test and then find out if it's counterfeit, how it got there and then try to get it off the market immediately," Clark explained.

Reference: http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18560_162-20040693.html

I never have to worry about my scripts I can taste the difference period. I can taste a fake benzo from 200 miles away!

Well I hope you don't get used to the taste of Alzheimer's or Parkinson's medications too.

lol, snap! I have no idea what Alzheimer's meds taste like, but maybe i should. My short term memory is shit. I contribute that to the use of a schedule I drug, that is legal(according to the state) in several states. I long since quit that practice, but i honestly believe that i permanently damaged some memory receptors. DAMN COLLEGE!!!! I never even graduated. Though I like the job i have now better than the job i would have gotten if i had graduated....and it pays better too. well.... can't win 'em all

btw... no offense sherwood. for all i know, i may be older than you.

I feel it too. And the answer is just on the tip of my tongue but my memory just can't get it. Not just things but also vocabulary.

I never have to worry about my scripts I can taste the difference period. I can taste a fake benzo from 200 miles away!
Wow! That's amazing. You must have one hell of a long tongue.

Perhaps related to a lizard, by any chance?

Me

Last edited:
The first IOP I ordered from was Pharmagroup back in 1999 and things were different and (really good for OPs in the US until 2005)......it seems that on top of everything else you have to worry about (being scammed, losing package to customs, etc) now you have to worry about fake pills.......geessh!!!

I have received so many counterfit fakies!  I am so looking forward to find a legit supplier of oxy.  I am tired of driving down to Mex.

After reading the first two paragraphs I thought this will be interesting. Then seeing CNN took the credibility away. The propaganda is strong across the pond.   

After reading the first two paragraphs I thought this will be interesting. Then seeing CNN took the credibility away. The propaganda is strong across the pond.   
Regardless of who is doing the reporting, counterfeit medications are a very real and very pressing problem and in no way "propaganda."

@two, there is know denying that there are alot of  counterfeits around. And I didn't mean that point was propaganda.  Just that CNN is a propaganda machine and normally what ever the narrative their trying to push has some hidden agenda be hind it.  This is only my opinion. I don't trust anything the mainstream media has to say on the war on drug, and a lot of other stuff nowadays.        

There has always been fakes ..What worried me most about fakes and i did bring this up with vendors overseas at one point was the section on some of the sites that come up "cancer meds" ..Questioning vendors about them and asking them to remove them they never would .And there sites would be closed im guessing they must have made allot of the cancer meds/aid meds etc 

war on drugs in a nutshell. If the fed really had the public health in mind they would regulate substances and there would be no need for these dangerous pills. The crackdown on PKs by doctors only hurt those proscribed chronically in pain, and those looking for a high will go elsewhere and keep doing so. The desire to alter consciousness has been with humanity across cultures from the beginning of time, to the present, and into the future. Only acknowledging, removing stigma, decriminalizing, and treating it like the social issue it is will we be safe from the crime that largely makes drugs dangerous to begin with.

war on drugs in a nutshell. If the fed really had the public health in mind they would regulate substances and there would be no need for these dangerous pills. The crackdown on PKs by doctors only hurt those proscribed chronically in pain, and those looking for a high will go elsewhere and keep doing so. The desire to alter consciousness has been with humanity across cultures from the beginning of time, to the present, and into the future. Only acknowledging, removing stigma, decriminalizing, and treating it like the social issue it is will we be safe from the crime that largely makes drugs dangerous to begin with.
I know this is of topic. But what you said about humanity wanting to alter their consciousness through various substances since the beginning of time, to the present  is spot on. People will always find away around the "law", so why not give people what they want.

I saw this documentary about ancient Egypt and how they found traces of co kane and other drugs in  mummys, and if drugs were used around then. Which is considered a successful period of human civilization.  What has changed to turn this into a war on drugs which doesn't help anyone bar the top 1% who contol and make the money     

Unless there is a conspiracy to put out fake, poor quality or down right dangerous meds to harm peoples health, because they know people will still use them.    

We've all seen the blue di@z that leaves your tongue and teeth blue that taste like chalk break them in half and they're more white inside!.Also they are kinda perhaps 3 different shades of blue in the tablets PURE BUNK!!.

But when we are speaking of life saving drugs they should ALLWAYS be prescribed never mind all the fake "hard - on" pills doing the rounds,aids help drugs ect should NEVER be faked but you know the type of people making them they have absolutely no compassion only interested in the dough to be made ?....

Peace 

Bliss.....

Chaser1313 said:
If only there were cheap test kits available to the public. I know that is a far fetched idea- so many meds/chemicals so much money, time and resources would have to be invested...perhaps in the future. Prescribed or not at least at it could stop somebody from ingesting street paint. Unfortunately, counterfeit is too lucrative and I feel the problem is just going to escalate. I do like how real drug companies are getting involved though. It's a big start in a very long and complex problem.
There are cheap test kits.  40 bucks and you can rest a small sample of whatever.  It doesn't tell you all ingredients but it does tell you if it's, morph, oxy, meth, mdma, and a few others.  Won't detect street paint though. ;)

We've all seen the blue di@z that leaves your tongue and teeth blue that taste like chalk break them in half and they're more white inside!.Also they are kinda perhaps 3 different shades of blue in the tablets PURE BUNK!!.

But when we are speaking of life saving drugs they should ALLWAYS be prescribed never mind all the fake "hard - on" pills doing the rounds,aids help drugs ect should NEVER be faked but you know the type of people making them they have absolutely no compassion only interested in the dough to be made ?....

Peace 

Bliss.....
Are the blues you mention doing the rounds on here?

No not on here if they are they maybe found in the blacklist.Im more speaking about (street vals) you never know what your getting our there and that's what makes this forum so great!!.

Peace 

Bliss......

I've gotten hundreds of fake b@rZ and the taste is right / no markings but it took away the anxiety and withdrawal - I passed my UA though lol

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back