The Mayweather Vs Cotto Ring Of Kings. May 5

i wasn't gonna watch as it was ppv, and there are a lot of other places i need to put that $60. TD, you probably know what i'm talking about. but... i was able to watch it via link from the capt. here. pretty good. i bookmarked that site for future use too. thanks capt!

i'm more of a standard martial arts enthusiast, but i can respect what boxers do in their training too. enjoy the fight!
Yeah I refuse to bite on those arguments of "who's tougher"? They are two different sports and actually boxing could learn a lot from UFC in certain areas. Now we got one guy who makes $30,000,000 for one fight whle the whole Olympic program didn't earn a single gold last Olympics in any weight class and countries like Turkey did and Ireland did. Our athletic youth don't wan't to get beat up any more for money, much easier being a football or basketball player.

The rest of boxers barely make $2000. Only a few cash cows out there now, Pacquaio, Amire Khan, Canello, Hobkins is done, nobody like Chad Dawson for some reason, Mosely is done, Nonito Donaire is good.

But nothing like the 70's and 80's boxing's heyday.

~Younghypnotiq

Last edited by a moderator:
though i like UFC and MMA, my real passion is for more traditional martial arts. They all have incredible aspects to their skills, and training regime... and i certainly don't exclude boxers from that. but kind of like boxing... with a single martial art(not the mma style), its not really about the money... there's just not much to be had. I've seen some amazing skills at local levels that will never make a dime off of their talent. I could go deep int this subject, but i'll leave it at this, each of these fighting styles commands respects when an individual puts that much time, heart, blood, sweat, and tears into it.

I trained under a 9th degree grandmaster kenpo instructor. one of about ten 1st generation black belts in Ed Parkers system. I loved listening to all the old stories he had. my favorite one was where he was going on about "this little red headed kid from oklahoma" and how he would psych his competitors out before a match. and act like this was his first tourney, etc. it took me at least ten minutes to realize he was talking about Chuck Norris. He was even at the tournament when Bruce Lee did his demo of 'the one inch punch' he was a great guy to train under. would push you to your limits and beyond.... and the stories were pretty cool too

Nonito Donaire vs. Jeffrey Mathebula on HBO

There's a link earlier in the thread about streaming sports if you don't carry HBO. Lets see if it works tonight.

Pacquiao vs Bradley desision was reversed for the first time in ages if ever. Bradley keeps the belts howver.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back