The Walking Dead

Yukon4E2

Is anyone else semi-obsessed with the Walking Dead? I teach college classes and NONE of my students--like 2 out of 40!! watch it...this has happened over several semesters. i don't get it.The show is insanely popular, but I seem to have a hard time running into others who love it.

Do you or does someone you love watch the Walking dead????

Oh and i heard there will be a spinoff series by AMC for walking dead (kind of like how they did better call saul). it will be set in the western USA and apparently the living will outnumber the walkers or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a chat site over at AMC where you will find some diehard fans to discuss every episode to death, lol.  I got totally sucked in when season 1 first aired and  couldn't wait for season two so I bought all the comics on Amazon and that got me through the summer.  Very excited for season 6 to start this Sunday.  Btw, I saw your post about TWD on another thread and would you believe everyone over at AMC hated the Governor except me and one other girl.  We got a lot of shit about it too.

YAY!! Suzie ! Another WD fan ! I'm hooked too--WD marathon weekend on AMC. I'll haveto check out those boards, that sounds about right. People seem to either be completely devoted to the show, or they don't watch it hardly at all. No in-between. I always thought about getting the comics, did you like reading them? I think it would be cool to see how the actors compare to the characters in the comics.

I don't hate the Governor (I mean, compared to Gareth!???! HE is someone I think is pretty straightforwardly evil!), I liked how the Governor was so conflicted and sometimes good and sometimes evil. And the acting was just so good, all the actors are sooooo good!!! Rick is my favorite hands-down (I get a lot of shit about that, lol).

Like right now, the episode is on where the Governor and Rick meet up to "work it out." And the gov'ner is telling Rick about the day his wife died...how she was in an accident and after, he got home and there was a message on the machine from her (from earlier that day, before the wreck) wanting her to call him. He was 'holding the phone' and "couldn't stop asking myself....what did she want?...what did she want?"

And it just seems so sad and touching. But then, right before it goes to commerical, he gives just the *slightest* glance at rick over his cup...and its so subtle but the look in his eye ---you just know he's manipulating Rick, and he's so good at it.

I'd fit right IN with those AMC crazies who obsess over every episode ! !!

In that case you should check out the AMC site for sure.  This is the first year I'm not going there because I decided I would enjoy it more without all their crazy input.  I have a feeling many of the people who post over there are very young compared to me and they either love or HATE a character and if they hate them then they can't stop bitching about them and calling for their death in every post.  Remember back in season 2 when Shane shot Otis in the leg in order to get the medicine back to the farm?  One poster over there was so upset that he said that from that moment on he would not watch TWD until he heard that Shane was dead, LOL  People are so morally outraged and there is so much hate, lol.  I kept pointing out that if Shane hadn't done that then three people would have died but nobody would listen, lol. 

I would get a phone call and get asked what I'm doing and I would reply that I'm on a website arguing about zombies, lol, my friends thought I was crazy.    Laurie and Andrea were also hated and one guy said he hated Andrea so much that he fast forwarded when she was on... what?  Only one or two people over there like me who thought that every character was great and necessary for the plot.  I'm only half heartedly watching the marathon as I've seen every episode so many times but very excited for the new season.

Btw, I enjoyed the comics very much but only read up to and including the prison as I like to be surprised and the show does follow the comics.  If you decide to get them they are much cheaper on Amazon than a bookstore and even cheaper if you get the books that contain several comics in each.

p.s. would you believe that from the beginning everyone hated poor little Carl? 

I liked Andrea and Shane !! Like you said, there were good things and bad things about both of them, which makes the show so good in my mind. It's like how real people are lol, they do good and sometimes bad things, and everyone has a story and reason for why they act like they do. Maybe I'll check out the comics after its all said and done years from now ! Yes me too @halfheartedly watching, I like to have it on in the background too just bc it's comforting or something. Which sounds crazy ! You said ppl call and u r arguing about zombies and they think you are nuts --I totally agree! My boyfriend was over once on a Sunday night...so of course I had to watch. Then talking dead...and he gets this look on his face, like aghast and says, 'you mean, they sit around and talk? About the show that just came on?' When he said it like that....damn it does seem odd! But I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, I enjoyed the first 3 or 4 seasons?.. I forget... They had just got to Terminus?... Anyway, Darryl ended up being my favourite character... Who, ironically I didn't like at first?... His brother was a cock though!!..

I also enjoyed the governor season?... However, I kind of lost interest after they reached terminus?... Maybe I will start where I left off some day?...

Sad day when Hershel died though : (... And Rick's son' a nob!....

I have to say, I enjoyed the first 3 or 4 seasons?.. I forget... They had just got to Terminus?... Anyway, Darryl ended up being my favourite character... Who, ironically I didn't like at first?... His brother was a cock though!!..

I also enjoyed the governor season?... However, I kind of lost interest after they reached terminus?... Maybe I will start where I left off some day?...

Phren... you watched it pretty far actually.  They reached terminus in season 5 and it is still season 5.  I liked Daryl better in the earlier seasons when he had a chip on his shoulder and before he became Rick's bitch, lol /default_smile.png

My lord. im a bit lost over there! I guess its just like anything and you catch on as you go....there are thousands of them chatting, continuously. Impressive.

And i see stuff like that and im confused about why i don't meet walking dead fans in real life (or on DBG forum, or in classes, etc) ??? its supposedly the most popular show on TV !!

It's only busy like that on Sundays.. check it out tomorrow and it will be easier to chat.

I liked it a lot and watched it with my husband (one of the only box sets we both like) but by season 4 it got boring like so many others do.

Don't you know you're nobody if you haven't seen The Wire?

(I haven't)

Me too

Okay i think I can share this here, because DBG is "nonjudgemental" !! That's What it says under the first forum. Hope that extends to shit like this ...

My walking dead obsession has reached a new peak. I got these water color prints in the mail today. I seriously have GOT to be writing on my dissertation. I'm gonna get in so much trouble. Instead, I buy stuff like this and post online...... /default_smile.png

I bet you WD fans know who these two are

Omfg!!!! Not judging but i am laughing a bit!!

Hey at least it's cool art... Not like you're collecting one direction paraphernalia... But yeah - get to work on your uni thing (can you tell I've not got a degree?)

Hahaha right at least it's not too tacky I'm hoping ppl who don't watch the show will think it's just some cool water color prints !

I think they are beautiful... love the colors!  Could be worth a lot of money some day. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back