Theres A Postal Worker Who Know's Whats Up And Gives Me A Problem

Home > Contact Us > Frequently Asked Ques

3. What authority do Postal Inspectors have under the law?

As sworn federal law enforcement agents, Postal Inspectors have the power to serve warrants and subpoenas issued under the authority of the United States; make arrests without warrant for postal-related offenses committed in their presence; make arrests without warrants for postal-related felonies cognizable under the laws of the United States, if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person arrested has committed or is committing such a felony; carry firearms, and make seizures of property as provided by law.

4. Can Postal Inspectors open mail if they feel it may contain something illegal?

First-Class letters and parcels are protected against search and seizure under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, and, as such, cannot be opened without a search warrant. If there is probable cause to believe the contents of a First-Class letter or parcel violate federal law, Postal Inspectors can obtain a search warrant to open the mailpiece. Other classes of mail do not contain private correspondence, and therefore may be opened without a warrant.

You are absolutely correct-- about the inspectors, sir. What I said was in your local PO no employee has the authority to open your mail.

MOST offices do not have 'resident' postal inspectors on site. They have to be called in... there ARE undercover inspectors-- that work in facilities-- especially the huge processing plants... to keep an eye on things, of if there is an employee under investigation-- but they are not many.

Even the inspectors executing warrants have to open the piece under supervision, with witnesses, to protect against one of THEM being crooked-- or tampering with evidence.

Home > Contact Us > Frequently Asked Ques

3. What authority do Postal Inspectors have under the law?

As sworn federal law enforcement agents, Postal Inspectors have the power to serve warrants and subpoenas issued under the authority of the United States; make arrests without warrant for postal-related offenses committed in their presence; make arrests without warrants for postal-related felonies cognizable under the laws of the United States, if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person arrested has committed or is committing such a felony; carry firearms, and make seizures of property as provided by law.

4. Can Postal Inspectors open mail if they feel it may contain something illegal?

First-Class letters and parcels are protected against search and seizure under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, and, as such, cannot be opened without a search warrant. If there is probable cause to believe the contents of a First-Class letter or parcel violate federal law, Postal Inspectors can obtain a search warrant to open the mailpiece. Other classes of mail do not contain private correspondence, and therefore may be opened without a warrant.
Thanks for the post nut..It's good to have the law out there vs. opinion...

Bery bery interesting......

Did someone say HAZMAT? :::::::sticking chest out proudly::::::::::

You are absolutely correct-- about the inspectors, sir. What I said was in your local PO no employee has the authority to open your mail.

MOST offices do not have 'resident' postal inspectors on site. They have to be called in... there ARE undercover inspectors-- that work in facilities-- especially the huge processing plants... to keep an eye on things, of if there is an employee under investigation-- but they are not many.

Even the inspectors executing warrants have to open the piece under supervision, with witnesses, to protect against one of THEM being crooked-- or tampering with evidence.
Good to know! And yes I am fluent in English I did understand what ya said. /default_wink.png just wanted to clarify. But and a big BUTT..with the patriot act (nice name for voiding the constitution) they could open it and claim terr0r link after the fact. The tools can be manipulated for any situation. Tha ks for your input we appreciate it. **Also a local worker could find a suspicious parcel and hold it for the PM then they can get a warrant. Rare but it was 60degrees here in December. **

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am new this forum and appreciate all of your knowledge. I have a letter that was sent Priority Express EMS from India. It cleared customs after 7 days and usps tracking says it was in transit to the destination. However that was Sunday at 3:32am. I

Hi I am new this forum and appreciate all of your knowledge. I have a letter that was sent Priority Express EMS from India. It cleared customs after 7 days and usps tracking says it was in transit to the destination. However that was Sunday at 3:32am. I

It'll get there-- the foreign-origin pieces are a little slower than domestic in the PO

He's just messing with you. Morale is so low at post offices that this is what they do for entertainment.

“Love is the longing for the half of ourselves we have lost.â€

now that i am a victim of identity thief, i gotta look out for any suspicious missing mail and mail forwarding these thieves can do.

can they find my po box number if they asked USPS? or set up mail forwarding from my box to another?? or would that ring an alarm to a USPS worker with my stolen id....i reported it to the POST MASTER GENERAL INSPECTOR , and went to my branch yesterday and told a USPS worker at the front, a nice lady who wrote my info down and didn't jst say call the number 

yah my office prob has a few inspectors in there, its one of the bigger facilities i have my box at, its like a airport terminals from trucks to pull in backwards and unload, airport is 1exit away from the highway too.. 

I wouldn't worry about it, like dcboots said..They're not just going to bust open your package...I use to work for Fedex a few years back, and we use to get boxes that were full of Dildos..Why they ship them with battery's I'll never know, but it wasn't uncommon to find a box vibrating its way across the loading dock in the morning! Lol... /default_laugh.png
That’s so funny! Lol. Still, it’s better than walking out of the old scool shops…

anyway had weird experience at the post office today to pick up my mail. i knew from the beginning when i opened my box that this one particular person who works the front would be someone i would not like to have take my slip to and bring my pack back to sign for it, just by his arrogance and tone. Today i get my pack not only does he look at the slip, but looks at time of delivery to my box on the slip, and comment's something like "I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS PACKAGE GOT HERE SO QUICK"

anyway after getting my pack from the back, he's grabbing it , touching it feeling it like if its a stack of rolled up money in it, than shows it to his other employee , and comments on the way the package is marked and on the declarations for custom's on the pack it says "SAMPLE SOAP" , so i hear another comment from him under his lip and i am atleast 3 feet away so i am pretending to look at my EASTBAY MAGAZINE, pretending thats of interest, not caring about my pack, atleast 3 postal workers had to look at my pack... jerks

i am not worried, if they want me they can have me, i know he knows what's up, i really try to avoid him but unfortunately i try to get the pack same day it delivers to my city, but i get off work in the afternoon and he works evenings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dam should i tell my vendor to pack another way,
Legally they would have to get cops involved with a warrant. USPS can't do shit. But the fact they are eying you, you need to drop that post office ASAP

Old post but they typically only pull warrants when there smell or leakage. Old info but there was a book by Tom Collins on c.d. and whatnot. Specific to bb'rs at the time but still good info. When it was written they couldn't just pull ur paper trail which is why it's not great to do those labels with many copies too often. I.d. is kinda sketchy to me as well. Less attention the better. In the age of info, they could spreadsheet an addy or name or origins in any way they wanna lay it out.

Fortunately, due to workload and pay, or lack thereof, if your a guppy in a big pond, it's unusual or started elsewhere and by happenstance came across you by chance. Going up the food chain is pretty hit and miss. Mouth shut and "I have no idea" "don't know the sender, must be a mistake" burn the addy and clean house a while if it's that concerning

Old post but they typically only pull warrants when there smell or leakage. Old info but there was a book by Tom Collins on c.d. and whatnot. Specific to bb'rs at the time but still good info. When it was written they couldn't just pull ur paper trail which is why it's not great to do those labels with many copies too often. I.d. is kinda sketchy to me as well. Less attention the better. In the age of info, they could spreadsheet an addy or name or origins in any way they wanna lay it out.

Fortunately, due to workload and pay, or lack thereof, if your a guppy in a big pond, it's unusual or started elsewhere and by happenstance came across you by chance. Going up the food chain is pretty hit and miss. Mouth shut and "I have no idea" "don't know the sender, must be a mistake" burn the addy and clean house a while if it's that concerning
Agreed!!!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back