USPS Package Inspection

GungHo

Earlier this week I made an order with one of our well known vendors and sent payment (CIM) via USPS, just like many times before.  I watched tracking all day but it would never update, always stuck on "In-transit".  The next day I got a call USPS.  They said my package had been flagged as a security concern and they were afraid it contained contraband such as drugs or explosives.  First they asked what was in it, and then if they could open it.  I knew it only contained cash so I figured I might as well fess up because they were going to open and/or return it to me anyway.  So they called me back about an hour later and said everything checked out and they would deliver it that day, which they did without any further disruptions.  Has anyone else had this same issue recently?  I haven't notified the vendor yet but I am a little hesitant to send CIM to the same address.  I imagine they'll continue to check anything with that address.

Thanks!

Well you did the right thing by telling the truth otherwise I’m sure you would’ve had issues that are unwanted! I have never experienced that but would be worried about receiving. Was it an SY vendor? I would give whomever it was heads up and let others know on the vendors thread just so they know what has happened and possibly save someone else from going through the same thing. 

Woah-  a flagged US address is a big concern.   @2earls can you obtain the address in question and let the vendor(s) know?  Just a matter of time before the other carriers flag it too (I would guess)   

My package (the product) was delivered as well but I haven't picked it up yet.  I am a little apprehensive about it honestly, even though that delivery is by a completely different carrier.  I plan to let the vendor know what happened as soon as I pick it up.  And I'll be glad to share the vendor info here if @2earls thinks it's appropriate. 

During the inspection they were looking for any info they could find to indicate what the cash was for like notes, etc. so just a reminder not to include any notes in your CIM package that might indicate what it's for.  Just common sense but good thing to keep in mind.

almost all cash bills in the usa contain trace amounts of cocaine and drug dogs will sniff it out was it vac sealed? if not that is likely the problem amd sense its not illegal i would try to claim my money i think if it was alot if not let it go

I let Leo know about the address.  I will just say the recipient was Felipe in case anyone else uses that one too.  

Obviously they knew how to reach me because I added a return address to the envelope because I wanted the package returned in case it couldn't be delivered for some reason.  I'm just glad I didn't add a note indicating what it was for.  I guess I'll continue to add my return address since there's no law against mailing cash in the USA.  Sending cash is not a great idea but hey we don't have many options left now days.  So what does everyone think about putting your return address/phone on the envelope?

I would not put a return address if using regular mail.  The only reason a package would become flagged for illegal activity is if LE is involved.  If LE is involved, they are investigating it. And the only reason LE would instruct a carrier to call someone and confirm they are indeed the sender of cash to a potential criminal (and then to let the cash go forward) is if this is part of an investigation.    The private carriers require ID so theres no way around it.  The advantage of using the post office is it can be anonymous and I would absolutely do it anonymously.

I would not put a return address if using regular mail.  The only reason a package would become flagged for illegal activity is if LE is involved.  If LE is involved, they are investigating it. And the only reason LE would instruct a carrier to call someone and confirm they are indeed the sender of cash to a potential criminal (and then to let the cash go forward) is if this is part of an investigation.    The private carriers require ID so theres no way around it.  The advantage of using the post office is it can be anonymous and I would absolutely do it anonymously.
Packages or letters without a return address are considered suspicious and are something that the postal inspectors are looking for.

I use usps to send . .. I float between 2 post offices and use my address but shift my name as a small business sounding thing .

does anyone else use the other 2 shippers on CIM ? I like the price I get I just assumed the other 2 were way more expensive but maybe it’s a good idea to shift around 

@Toboso  yes,  it should be "fake name/return address" instead of no return address!    I'm still trying to figure out how to use a fake name to send via private carriers -  the lack of anonymity makes me quite nervous if something were to go down

@Akup7ich will the popular SY vendors let you send via regular mail?  I had always assumed it was frowned upon but I really would love to give it a try.   Growing quite wary of showing my ID every few weeks....  and yes the private carriers are ridiculously expensive (but trackable: so its easy to prove one's gifts were recieved )

There is a overnight for under 30$ with tracking.  @Roxyanne so far has worked but was considered after the story above .

I've had a recent package intercepted be local law.  They called and asked me about it, in the end they said they are placing a watch on mail I receive so no more for me. 

I think they are starting to crack down on stuff in the usps, fedex and ups.

Do not ask question of item, when it was, location etc.  I will not answer them.

I've had a recent package intercepted be local law.  They called and asked me about it, in the end they said they are placing a watch on mail I receive so no more for me. 

I think they are starting to crack down on stuff in the usps, fedex and ups.

Do not ask question of item, when it was, location etc.  I will not answer them.
Is this legal? Did they obtain a court order to watch your mail? Anybody can mail anything to anybody. So if I really wanted to get even with somebody I could ship them something illegal, and the USPS could just start "watching" their mail, with or possibly without even informing them? That seems dubious to me, at least for the USPS. (I don't know how much more leeway private carriers have. I thought that to the extent they were acting as mail carriers they couldn't do things that would be illegal for USPS to do, such as open your mail, for example.)

I can understand that this might be something done for a legitimate safety purpose. Again, anybody can mail anything to anybody, and watching the mail of, say, the Unibomber victims made sense during that investigation. But wouldn't they have to obtain a court order? If something illegal and/or dangerous is shipped to the recipient, obtaining a court order can't be exactly hard, but it does make for an extra step before spying on people and tampering with their mail.

I wanted to give everyone an update on this issue, which originally occurred in late April.  Well, it happened again, same vendor, but going to a different address.  But this time they confiscated my money and will only return it if I can prove that it was for a legitimate business transaction, personal loan, transfer, etc.  I have to provide names, dates, invoices, whatever.  Yeah, sure thing, I will get on that right away!  Their Forfeiture Team was supposed to send the forms to fill out over a month ago but nothing yet.  Just the name of their group alone tells me their intent.  Anyway, I am using another delivery service now, no idea why I didn't change that before.  So if you thought CIM was safe, apparently not for some.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back