Valentines Help!

• Thread starter Thread starter jmorgan
  • Start date Start date
J

jmorgan

I am thoughtful and romantic with my wife.  We enjoy surprising each other frequently with Just because.  That being said, I need some more or new ideas for my playbook.  If you have done something that yielded good success, I would be grateful to hear about it.

Probably easier to tell you what she doesn't like.  Opera, Rap, and cold weather.  Everything else is fair game.

How about one of those adventure gifts. Hot air balloon ride, culinary lesson at home, Indy car racing...

Very nice.  great ideas.  Don't think we have any Indy car stuff around here though.  Balloon ride sounds fun.

My husband took me to a Professional bull riding event one year & I've been hooked ever since.

It's those out of the box things - experiences - that you'll remember for years. Way better than roses and a stuffed animal!

If she works and you can afford it, go behind her back, talk to her boss  and see if you can get her out of work for a Thursday & Friday.  On Wednesday, send her a tropical flower arrangement that says come home and pack, we're going to XXXXX tomorrow, the X's being a tropical 4 day weekend destination.  My wife enjoyed this (although I was amused watching her try to speed pack, which is basically an impossiblity for her) but she stayed up all night, made it and the limo picked us up early Thursday morning where she slept on the ride to the airport and then on the plane.  We just went to Sandals in the Bahamas (reasonably short non-stop destination for us to maximize the time at resort as opposed to the travel aspect of it.)  Just a thought.  S-

If she works and you can afford it, go behind her back, talk to her boss and see if you can get her out of work for a Thursday & Friday. On Wednesday, send her a tropical flower arrangement that says come home and pack, we're going to XXXXX tomorrow, the X's being a tropical 4 day weekend destination. My wife enjoyed this (although I was amused watching her try to speed pack, which is basically an impossiblity for her) but she stayed up all night, made it and the limo picked us up early Thursday morning where she slept on the ride to the airport and then on the plane. We just went to Sandals in the Bahamas (reasonably short non-stop destination for us to maximize the time at resort as opposed to the travel aspect of it.) Just a thought. S-
Well played! As it turns out I'm guessing she didn't have much use for most of what she packed...but I suppose that would be a good thing...scratch that, a GREAT thing.

Nice work! Love it.

B

Well played! As it turns out I'm guessing she didn't have much use for most of what she packed...but I suppose that would be a good thing...scratch that, a GREAT thing.

Nice work! Love it.

B
Spot on B.  It was the scramble to find the sarongs to math the bikinis and the scrunchies to match the sarongs, 6 pairs of shoes for 3 nights like 8 outfits and then the toiletries.  Oh how I wish I would have filmed the mad scramble.  I was already packed so I just offered to help (flat refusal on that, lol).   It was a great time though and we did do the candlelit dinner on the beach one night which was nice.  It wasn't quite at Valentine's Day when I did it though, but I don't think that matters as it could certainly be done on Valentine's day. 

If she works and you can afford it, go behind her back, talk to her boss  and see if you can get her out of work for a Thursday & Friday.  On Wednesday, send her a tropical flower arrangement that says come home and pack, we're going to XXXXX tomorrow, the X's being a tropical 4 day weekend destination.  My wife enjoyed this (although I was amused watching her try to speed pack, which is basically an impossiblity for her) but she stayed up all night, made it and the limo picked us up early Thursday morning where she slept on the ride to the airport and then on the plane.  We just went to Sandals in the Bahamas (reasonably short non-stop destination for us to maximize the time at resort as opposed to the travel aspect of it.)  Just a thought.  S-
You may have just won the Best Husband Ever Award! That is amazing.

Very nice, DGSB - but, as you know, I am a huge fan of your husbanding style.  /default_wink.png

jmorgan - I would have to agree with maybesomeday on this - I am all about experience gifts with my husband - it isn't very often in which you remember that flower arrangement that you received or the clothes or the wallet (trying to go both sexes here) - it is the time spent together doing something special.  You can find some experience gifts online in your local area - as some sites advertise that sort of thing - or it is possible to find some pretty cool experience ideas on your own that never existed in your area.  Cooking classes at nice restaurants, city-wide restaurant tours (with samplings), etc...

That is very kind of you to say, ladies.  /default_wub.png   S-

My husband took me to a Professional bull riding event one year & I've been hooked ever since.
Did take her a couple years ago to a local PBR event and she loved it.  Great idea, sadly no PBR this time of year for us.

It's those out of the box things - experiences - that you'll remember for years. Way better than roses and a stuffed animal!
I agree out of the box experiences are better than the norm.  I like to watch her face when the plan unravels.

Great idea DGS and I have used this page in the playbook before.  She came home I handed her a bag that contained only a change of cloths and essential toiletries.  Then we boarded a plane that took us to our final destination on a cruise ship.  We bought everything she needed from there.  Loved every minute of it.

Very nice, DGSB - but, as you know, I am a huge fan of your husbanding style.   /default_wink.png

jmorgan - I would have to agree with maybesomeday on this - I am all about experience gifts with my husband - it isn't very often in which you remember that flower arrangement that you received or the clothes or the wallet (trying to go both sexes here) - it is the time spent together doing something special.  You can find some experience gifts online in your local area - as some sites advertise that sort of thing - or it is possible to find some pretty cool experience ideas on your own that never existed in your area.  Cooking classes at nice restaurants, city-wide restaurant tours (with samplings), etc...
Everyone has had great ideas for sure.  I think you may be on the right track for my particular situation.  We do have some local attractions that we have not gone to for one reason or another.  Might have to look into one of those and surprise her with that.

I think you should put me in a gift box just inside your front door. When she comes in the door hit the music (the I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt so sexy it hurts song) I will then pop out of the box with my banana hammock and gracefully show my moves. After the dance is over I will serve you guys dinner and dessert! How's that? Its definitely something different. Let me know what you think.

Someone is getting to much sun and besides what if you have a wardrobe malfunction? 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back