Virtual Private Network(s) - Scam or Valuable

wait4it

Info about VPN's are all over net ... A gadget site caught my eye talking about "keezel" ... Which led to what a VPN is etc. 

What's the deal, is it real / or a scam?

They worth, mostly, if configured correctly. There was a recent vulnerability published showing how to break almost all current vpn connections and reveal a user's true IP published this week, but it's not a major concern. There's also a common DNS leak that can affect some protocols that you need to be sure you're configuring to avoid. 

Generally speaking they provide pretty good anonymity if the vpn provider is doing their job. 

Google for torrent freaks VPN guide to get a good breakdown of some of the biggest providers and whether they're any good. 

I use a VPN everytime I am online, on my laptop anyways. The one I use is called CyberGhost. I use the free version. The free version disconnects about every 2-3 hours and you have to reconnect it. Which takes about 5 minutes. If you buy it it doesn't disconnect. Very simple to use. All you do is press a button and it searches for available ip's and than transfers your current ip address to somewhere else. Example: It usually makes my new ip either in California, Washington, or New York. It's good if you don't want anybody knowing your business. Although I started to use it because at my work, they have some websites blocked and programs. So I have to use a VPN to access sites I want to goto.

AirVPN is my go-to. Very honest, they don't hand over information (believe me, many do...), and really quite cheap as well. I think they have a high reputation in general. =)

I use IPVanish too. It seems to be highly recommended if you search which VPNs are best for using the Tor Browser. Also I heard they don't log their client's activity, so if the Feds ever subpoena them, they don't really have any information of your online activity to give them. 

I specialize in networking, a VPN can be very valuable to you depending on the provider. You need to find the right provider that does not log any information which is crucial. So long story short to maintain your privacy with a high encryption VPN would assist you further rather you're a home consumer or in business situations which require handling sensitive information. However, generally in business situations other security precautions are taken and a VPN isn't needed. 

For home use, it does provide good encryption of your data which is hard to trace or get into. I don't know if I'm allowed to list any of the ones that I know here or not so I'll just go with google the top results, read about them and decide for yourself.

Gotta remember, one rule of thumb VPN's aren't for everyone. They can be very expensive, the good and reliable ones at least. If you're worried about your security it wouldn't hurt looking into how they work and deciding if you need one or not. Many techs will tell you that you "NEED" one but in reality, it's not always for everyone. Yes it makes you safer but it's just a matter of what you do. If you're low profile you're less likely to be targeted by a hacker trying to phish your information for their own personal gain. So make sure your social media is set to friends-only or private, don't let out personal details online and you should be fine without needing one. 

Key is to stay under the radar and you most likely won't be a victim to these fiends out there. There's still a chance though, remember that. However a VPN doesn't fully secure yourself. So it also depends on what level of security you personally need. 

PIA actually can track your email address, some payment information , etc.Good thread, apologies for also stoking old thread but several posts above country Rufus mentions his vpn disconnecting and having to reconnect it....that is what you don't want, because your ISP (unless other methods are also active) will reveal your ip address. Keep in mind, you want to know where the VPN'S servers are located. The one I use is located in Switzerland, out of US jurisdiction and they also aren't part of 14 eyes surveillance program. You want the same idea with email servers, my email and VPN are the same provider.

A garbage VPN and even a good quality one not set up properly are worthless. There are things I'm not going to try to explain,  but it's important to know what servers and what host country you are exiting out of when disconnecting the VPN / or what happens if it fails. 

Bear in mind, noone at NSA or in Langley are sitting at their desk watching you today. A lot talk around VPNs has caused every user to be under the impression they need one or else they are screwed.....VPNS are targeted towards large corporations to use originally. But sure, if you understand them, find a good one,  and then by all means use it.

Oh, and of course you never ever want to visit the DarkWeb without using a secure VPN and employing tails..  Even TOR or Onio browsers that come equipped with VPNs, that's BS. 

ALSO - if you are using the DarkWeb markets, make sure your magazine vendor is using PGP encryprion when communicating with you! And always always make sure to PGP encrypt your shipping address when using the markets!!

But as always- Rule #1: Don't immediately trust anyone. If things sound  too good to be true, they are. This is all about money. Never lose sight of that. My vendors are a business acquaintance. And they will agree. 

Start with your device and current operating software, research VPNs from there. Good luck.

Mover 

Last edited:
They operate outside the L@w so if they decide to steal your Bandwidth or start Data Mining literally YOUR ENTIRE Internet Connection and everything you do. The ONLY REASON to use a VPN in my opinion is if you need to hide Torrent Downloading activity from your Internet Service Provider.

Tor Browser or Tails which is so complicated I can't figure out how to use it and they moved from IRC Channels to XMMP or some type of Chat Software to get Support for Tails which uses it's own O.S. etc. however DBG here at this Website does not allow the Tor Browser to be used which I'm not sure if they are doing it on purpose to prevent abuse through Tor Browser users. I do know that the "Cloudflare" they use which is Blocking Tor Browser can be Enabled to let Members use it which would be way better Protection than VPN but I use it since I trust NordVPN over my ISP when it comes to DBG.

When it comes to watching Netflix that is the ONLY other reason besides hiding Torrent activity to use a VPN to switch from my C@n@di@n Netflix to U.S. Netflix. The problem is it will slow your Internet Connection Speed down and I find using Double VPN works best and I use 150MBPS Internet Speed which actually Maxes out at 166 MBPS on Speedtest.net. At BEST it cuts my Internet Speed down to anywhere from 60-70 MBPS Maximum and a Minimum of slightly more than 20 MBPS at it's slowest speed I've seen it record when I use it. 

Yet not using my Double-VPN Feature that NordVPN offers I get "are you a bought" boxes I got to click on google but Double-VPN does not have that happen and I have never been disconnected from Netflix or any problems like Websites saying my "IP Address has been Banned" etc. etc. it probably does not add much in terms of Security but in terms of just having the VPN work better or as it's supposed since places like Netflix are stepping their Game up to try and stop VPN use of changing the Geographical Locations that allow the Viewing of different T.V. Shows and Movies. 

The last 3 times I got hacked, a VPN would not have helped me at all.   My data has been compromised by large companies and the government, so I decided it was not something I would pay for.  I don't use Torrent.  However, I did see that on my internet provider, you can set it to change your IP address once a day or once a week and I opted for that.  I doubt if it will do any good, but better than nothing, I suppose.  My problem is that my information is out there and so I set alerts on all my bank accounts and credit cards.  I pay for a background check service and do checks on people that work in my house.  I actually invited a child molester over that I met at a fair we have in the summer.  I am so damn bad at reading people.  I've recently tightened up on all of my passwords, especially for the btc.  After speaking to a lot of people about it, VPN isn't the priority.  

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back