What is Kratcom?

New here, sorry if everyone knows but me!
There's lots of info here about it, but you'd be quicker searching the Web than someone explaining it!  

Last edited by a moderator:
ok will do!  I also apologize for not researching first, I thought maybe it was a forum specific word meaning something else.

Yeah @mammajo, I'd recommend doing quite a bit of researching, you're throwing a lot of questions out there, and asking a lot without looking first. We have a search function, please check there isn't a thread related to what you're asking already. Relax, and get acquainted with the site! ☺ 

Its a plant I think :P  

Really though its a special plant that can be used responsibly and infrequently for good benefit and not too much side effect.

Also used to help people avoid jumping to H when coming off pain medications, for those who don't want suboxone because its too strong.

kratom is difficult to dose correctly since its a herb. you just wing it, I never liked that part of it.

What is Kratcom?  New here, sorry if everyone knows but me!
@mammajo It's a leafy plant originally from Asia that just this week the DEA announced is making the illegal equivalent of heroin starting September 30th.  That's less than 28 days away.

I've been a partaker of Kratom for a couple of years before discovering this forum, but some of the most sound, rational and experienced advice regarding Kratom was what I read right here on DBG in the Kratom discussion thread(s).  I initially used Kratom to ease sudden wicked withdrawals from opiates, as do a lot of other folks.  Some use it to ease chronic pain or anxiety.  Some use it just for fun.

As is always required when discussing Kratom, the most important advice is avoid the extracts at all costs.  The physical price one pays for extracts is very high indeed and not in a good way.

@mammajo It's a leafy plant originally from Asia that just this week the DEA announced is making the illegal equivalent of heroin starting September 30th.  That's less than 28 days away.

I've been a partaker of Kratom for a couple of years before discovering this forum, but some of the most sound, rational and experienced advice regarding Kratom was what I read right here on DBG in the Kratom discussion thread(s).  I initially used Kratom to ease sudden wicked withdrawals from opiates, as do a lot of other folks.  Some use it to ease chronic pain or anxiety.  Some use it just for fun.

As is always required when discussing Kratom, the most important advice is avoid the extracts at all costs.  The physical price one pays for extracts is very high indeed and not in a good way.
The people using it for fun, as always, ruined it for everyone else.

Especially the extract abusers. The put it right on the DEA radar when injuries (liver) and hospital visits started popping up.

We can't have nice things because a few farm animals ruin it for everyone else. I personally don't find junkies to have any redeeming qualities, as the only thing they seem to do is make the drug community look bad or get big brother involved.

If and When the dea bans it .i guarantee there is going to be every farm animal and every other normal to abuser test subject showing up at the "er" throughout the country i hope there ready for that.it is what my test subject is going to do.

If and When the dea bans it .i guarantee there is going to be every farm animal and every other normal to abuser test subject showing up at the "er" throughout the country i hope there ready for that.it is what my test subject is going to do.
Its getting scheduled, its just a matter of what schedule I'm afraid. I am pretty well-versed on legal arguments.

The fact is, kratom is a herb and a plant, yes. But it is a plant that happens to also contain opiates. Therefore under the law, it IS an opiate.

Opiates are not allowed over the counter. In the USA all opiates are controlled medications and therefore scheduled.

This is a done deal. I just wanted to make that clear. Doctors for kratom CANNOT argue against the DEA on this one, because the standard required to schedule it is simply "its an opiate, are you saying its not?". Doctors cannot make the argument that its not.

Kratom is "easy pickins" so-to-speak. And will give the DEA good press for banning an opiate. Just a little outsider perspect I thought I'd provide incase anyone thought its not getting scheduled.

Kratom is not an opiate.however it binds to the same receptors that opiates bind to

Kratom is not an opiate.however it binds to the same receptors that opiates bind to
Same can be said about Tramadol as far as I know under the law.

If it binds to opiate receptors, its an opiate. In this case I believe rather, that the correct term would be opioid. Its definitely an opioid because it binds to opioid/opiate receptors.

Sounds like a fancy way to say its not an opiate to me boss. Sure its not an opiate, but if it binds to opioid receptors predominantly, that makes it an opioid at least I'm pretty sure.

You did set me straight though on the opiate thing, its absolutely not an opiate. But I don't know if there's a difference in the eyes of the DEA between an opiate and something that behaves like an opioid. The DEA would seem to have a war on opioids, name one opioid that we can get over the counter in the USA?

In Europe you can buy codeine (an opiate) over the counter without a prescription. You can't do that here. That would indicate a war on opiates/opioids to me. Which makes kratom easy-pickins as I said.

It's not an opiate, which is a drug derived from opium or an opiod, which includes synthetic drugs that act like opiates (like trams). It does bind to 2 sets of opiod receptors but it doesn't have all of the effects of an opiod such as respiratory depression.

so its an opioid like nalbuphine then.

it seems maybe a step below nalbuphine when dosed properly. nalbuphine is an atypical opioid which acts as a mixed antagonist/agonist, and its unscheduled due to its low potential for abuse.

As a matter of fact, I'd like to hear from some Nubain users and kratom users, people who have used both. That would be important to make a distinction here. Is Nubain harder or softer than Kratom? Be honest with us please its not for the D3A its just for users to get an idea of how strong kratom really is.

I think regardless if it was an opiod or not it would/could be(will be?) classified as such for legal purposes. Otherwise it could go under "psychoactive substances" or some other likewise term. I'll be interested if it's targeted in the UK. It certainly wasn't included anywhere in the recent RC legislation, though that was a big issue here, due to a number of deaths in a short space of time when miaow miaow was in the media spotlight and thus all of those products came under fire with the government being "proactive".

The DEA doesn't use the term opioid. It classes things as narcotics that are used to relieve pain and kratom would likely be considered a narcotic.

However, not everything that affects opioid receptors is an opiod. Alcohol has agonist effect on some opiod receptors by way of endorphins.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back