Why Can't/won't Posters Take Time To Upload An Avi?

hooter1 said:
No problem. But now, I have to clear one thing up, it's actually an av. Short for avatar. Just fyi's for whoever
My deepest, humblest most groveling apologies for any confusion re: avi/avatar. I obviously spend way too much time on Twitter, where avi is the accepted abbreviation. Won't happen again. I swear. I feel horrible. I shall fast and pray over this. I may also consider self-flagellation, though that's getting rather played out these days, and my hairshirt is at the cleaners. I'll try to come up with a more original form of penance.

Reactions: _X_
My deepest, humblest most groveling apologies for any confusion re: avi/avatar. I obviously spend way too much time on Twitter, where avi is the accepted abbreviation. Won't happen again. I swear. I feel horrible. I shall fast and pray over this. I may also consider self-flagellation, though that's getting rather played out these days, and my hairshirt is at the cleaners. I'll try to come up with a more original form of penance.
It was bad and you should feel bad! HaHa /default_smile.png Just kidding.

I have wanted to post and ask why people call a user icon an avi, I kept looking for a movie in the thread.

It was bad and you should feel bad! HaHa /default_smile.png Just kidding.

I have wanted to post and ask why people call a user icon an avi, I kept looking for a movie in the thread.
Apparently, most posters knew what I was referring to re: avi meaning avatar. See early posts in this thread. Also? Google.

It does tend to be a Twitter thing, but has bled into other areas. Language evolves. Life is fucking short. There are still people out there who are militantly convinced to this day that GIF is NOT pronounced JIF though it is. Who cares? There are far more interesting issues to wank on about.  So instead of pissing about re: av, avi, Avatar, Profile pic, and all of the other terms floating out there being the ONE AND TRULY VEDDY CORRECT usage *tugs forelock*, can we please find more interesting and germane topics to argue? I'm sure they are out there. Quite sure, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dvz, It's just joking around and not trying to offend at all and I'm not at all concerned how things are pronounced, but using twitter as a basis for the English language is just wrong /default_smile.png. Thats a joke too, that you use twitter for language skills, but I do see that some others feel twitter speak should be accepted and I don't agree, but I'm not poo pooing you in any way.

It's easy for me to chuckle when someone calls a Router a Rooter, or ask how much memory is left on their hard drive and on and on because it's funny not because I think someone is dumb (think Mom).

Put me in a medical lab and ask me what something is and it's likely I will say things like "that's a glass container" or "that's a liquid suction thing” . They might tell me no, it's a beaker and that's a pipette.

Or check other threads where I comment on getting a loan but not understanding fully how banks work and someone else telling me that a car loan is different from a general loan. I'm not offended.

I was not trying to argue at all or pick at the name you used, we all did know what you were saying.

In defense of the no avatar folks it may Be nothing more than ignorance of sizing the image. It took a friend several days to size mine to fit

In defense of the no avatar folks it may Be nothing more than ignorance of sizing the image. It took a friend several days to size mine to fit
Aunt P,Well I am sure glad you did, that "pool boy" of yours is one hot piece of prime USDA beef steak.

Gonna go shower and cool off!

Oh yeah and I too may know some others who struggled a bit sizing an image as well.

Just sayin'

I don't have the desire to have an avatar, plain and simple.  If someone wants to know who I am then they can look to my username/handle.  If they are to lazy to do that... It's no skin off my back.

OMG, was gonna answer OP's question very bluntly: 'cause I'm computerly-retarded, that's why -- but then I finally got it to work, woo hoo! Wish I could remember just how I did that...but not gonna press my luck further. This little girl might be more bay roan than blue roan, but close enough!  /default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take whatever pic you want your "avatar" or whatever you wish to call it to be and open it with Microsoft Office Picture Editor, do the following: 

Click EDIT PICTURES(on top tool bar), Tool bar appears to right of picture.  Click on COMPRESS PICTURES.  There are four choices.  1.  Don't compress (don't use this).  2. Documents.  3. Web pages.  4. Email messages.  Click on 2/3/4. It will tell you the KB your compressed picture will be.  Choose the largest one that fits in your available online storage and click OK.  Then do File, Save As and call it something else.  Then exit.  It will say changes have not been saved but that's OK as it's talking about the original picture not the compressed one you just made.  Then when you browse for the pic when uploading or changing the "avatar" just be sure to pick the new compressed one you made.  Hope that helps.  S-

Thanks, DGSB, for the directions -- also, thanks to Hooter for his previous directions, too; good to have on hand. I just hope everyone likes this little filly and doesn't get tired of seeing her for a long, long time. A really long time...

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back