A Journey Of Light, Dark, Sadness And Hope...

Phrenicz

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Well fellow DBG members...

I am finally coming to the end of a very long, strange, uncomfortable, almost bittersweet journey...

As some of you know, almost 7 months ago I decided to take action against my quite frankly excessive and worrying (to me) Cl@naz3pam addiction... What started with an actual medical need to treat my various mental Maladies, ended up with an insatiable need to actually feel more than normal?.. That impossible and ever elusive 'state'...

Never once through my rapid upward journey did I feel 'higher' or 'happier', just still, better than I did without them?.. However, what I did get, was one massive fuck off tolerance for the little bastards!..

My intake had gotten so out of control, I was taking more pills in a day, than I was having cups of tea... And believe me when I say that, as an Englishman I have quite a few cups of tea in a day!...

At the peak of my tolerance, I had reached a steady 12mg daily... Up to 16mg when my back was against the wall so to speak!... This, also augmented with various different opi&tes at the same daily frequency...

So, one day, as I finally realised my life was slowly being taken over by the very thing that was my saviour (I am sure most of us can relate to that), I decided I needed a massive mental tidy!

So, after writing out and planning a very strict taper method, I set about my journey. It was to take a very gradual 6 months, from start to finish...

Now, don't get me wrong, my plan wasn't to stop them all together, my plan was to regain control of my situation... As it scared the living shit out of me how dependant I had become.. I think what scared me most, was the amount I was taking without feeling any different from when I took that first 1mg pill?... That fact alone, seemed totally illogical, but very, very real!...

So.... At first, I found it quite easy... But, this wasn't my first taper (yes, I am that stupid!) and I knew from experience that the bigger numbers are always easiest to eliminate... So, within 2 months I had got myself down to 6mg... However, I knew the hardest bit was still to come... At this point I switched to Diaz3pam, due to it's longer half life... Which meant, less frequent dosing and hopefully a smoother, less w/d riddled next stage... It took 3 more months for me to get down to 30mg Diaz3p@m (by this time, I had ceased taking Cl@naz3pam totally)....

These 3 months were shit!... Literally!.. Every drop I made brought on a series of mental & physical symptoms for the first 3 or 4 days... Extreme anxiety, panic attacks, nausea, twitching, hand tremors, severe bouts of apathy, insomnia and a near constant overwhelming feeling of dread.... But, as my body & brain adjusted to the new dose, the remaining 10 days, I felt better (I stayed on each dose for approx 2 weeks, before dropping again)... I didn't only feel better, I felt like I had stolen another little victory.. I was proud, I felt strong and resilient... It was almost liberating... This little moment of clarity always encouraged me to keep fighting and aiming for the next drop...

At 30mg I was ready to do my 'final descent' as I called it... My aim was 10mg....

It has taken another 2 months of exactly the same battles, although I would say, slightly more mentally tough this time? The physical symptoms weren't as bad... Still the usual tell tale signs of w/d's... Shaking, twitching, insomnia, but I'm finally here : )... 10mg, no more, no less... I am now in control of my addiction, whereas before it was well and truly in control of me!..

I am no different, better or worse than anyone else here.. I haven't shared this story for celebration (although I am quite proud of myself ; ))... It's my personal account of a common thread amongst all of us and without the support of many good friends I have made here, I wouldn't have had anywhere near the courage or resolve to do what I have done... And for that, I am truly thankful : )..

The hardest thing about w/d's and addiction is thinking you are alone... That's a terrifying thought when you are going through your own personal hell.... Just knowing that you are not, is one of the most comforting things in the entire world... And the best thing about a place like this, is you are never alone.. I have cried on many of your shoulders and asked for advice regularly (you know who you are). And I have the utmost respect for those people and also for the friends I have yet to meet here : )

I have shared this story because I think it's important that people know that no matter how 'fucked' you may think you are, there is always a way out... It's not easy and it's certainly not pleasant!.. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel!... It might take you months to find the bastard, but it's there!!..

In turn, I hope you all know that you are quite welcome to cry on my shoulder anytime you damn well please : )

Much love, hugs & mental tidiness

~P~

I'm so proud of you friend! You really stuck it out and I'm sure others will be encouraged, reading your story. I know that I am!

Congrats Phrenicz! That kicks ass...Thanks for sharing...

-YB

That is an amazing story... congratulations!!!  You are much braver than I as I took much longer and feared the w/d's so much that sometimes I would just shave a hair off a pill and stay at that amount for a month.  It is a great feeling of accomplishment when you get to your goal.  Well done!!

Just admitting that you had a problem took alot of courage. I had no idea how hard wds from that were until a close friend of mine explained it to me and I have seen her suffering so I know how hard this has been for you and im totally proud of you. I know there are many others on here going through the same thing and I pray that reading your story will give them the same encouragement and support they need to keep going and fight the good fight. Thank you so much for sharing with us as that takes courage as well. Hugs ss

Many, many congratulations matey! Looks like a very difficult journey, but I admire your willpower and determination. =)

This is such an uplifting story, I can see why you shared it; it's very positive and you're right - it does prove that there's always a way out! =)

Phrenicz, what you did is outstanding, you should be very proud of yourself, as we are of you.

Job well done!

That is just incredible!!! Seriously that's the hardest thing you'll ever have to do and I'm glad you are feeling proud and strong cos you've done something amazing!!

You're so right about the worst bit is feeling alone. I don't know what I'd do without this place and the friends I've made here.

Just massive congratulations !!!!!! 🎈🎊🎉

You are awesome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will repeat what others have said. The worst is feeling alone. Congratulations my brother! You SHOULD be very proud! I know the good feelings you are talking about! There is NOTHING better than that! And YOU did it. Not another soul could have done that for you!n IT WAS ALL YOU. You have the deepest warmest congratulations from my heart to yours. Well done my good friend, well done!

That was one of the most beautiful posts that I have ever read, and many many many people will find inspiration by reading it. Beautifully written.

GIANT HUGS AND KISSES AND ALL OF THAT GOOD STUFF!

Thanks everyone : )...

Like I said in the post, I couldn't have done it without the help and support of the people on this board... I really couldn't!

I don't usually say this word, as I am not American..

But, you are all fucking awesome! : )

~P~

I will repeat what others have said. The worst is feeling alone. Congratulations my brother! You SHOULD be very proud! I know the good feelings you are talking about! There is NOTHING better than that! And YOU did it. Not another soul could have done that for you!n IT WAS ALL YOU. You have the deepest warmest congratulations from my heart to yours. Well done my good friend, well done!

That was one of the most beautiful posts that I have ever read, and many many many people will find inspiration by reading it. Beautifully written.

GIANT HUGS AND KISSES AND ALL OF THAT GOOD STUFF!
Right back at ya Cat!

XO

Oh phrenicZ dontcha know awesome made it over here a year or so ago and caught on quite quick with the kids. My nine year old picked it up at school although we pronounce it "orsum"

Also - sick and bad both mean "good" and it's uncool to say cool 😶 I know right ?!

Guess being wise has its drawbacks, you've no time to study current lingo trends 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, I still think awesome is a stretch for us English folk?..

I could probably stretch to 'splendid' or maybe 'cracking' ? : )

I love "brilliant"... so British and it always makes me smile.  Awesome is used so much in the US that it doesn't even have a meaning anymore.  I'm going to start saying brilliant from now on and see if I can make it spread here.

We do say 'good shit' a lot?..

I reckon maybe that translates as 'awesome'?

~P~

Well fellow DBG members...

I am finally coming to the end of a very long, strange, uncomfortable, almost bittersweet journey...

As some of you know, almost 7 months ago I decided to take action against my quite frankly excessive and worrying (to me) Cl@naz3pam addiction... What started with an actual medical need to treat my various mental Maladies, ended up with an insatiable need to actually feel more than normal?.. That impossible and ever elusive 'state'...

Never once through my rapid upward journey did I feel 'higher' or 'happier', just still, better than I did without them?.. However, what I did get, was one massive fuck off tolerance for the little bastards!..

My intake had gotten so out of control, I was taking more pills in a day, than I was having cups of tea... And believe me when I say that, as an Englishman I have quite a few cups of tea in a day!...

At the peak of my tolerance, I had reached a steady 12mg daily... Up to 16mg when my back was against the wall so to speak!... This, also augmented with various different opi&tes at the same daily frequency...

So, one day, as I finally realised my life was slowly being taken over by the very thing that was my saviour (I am sure most of us can relate to that), I decided I needed a massive mental tidy!

So, after writing out and planning a very strict taper method, I set about my journey. It was to take a very gradual 6 months, from start to finish...

Now, don't get me wrong, my plan wasn't to stop them all together, my plan was to regain control of my situation... As it scared the living shit out of me how dependant I had become.. I think what scared me most, was the amount I was taking without feeling any different from when I took that first 1mg pill?... That fact alone, seemed totally illogical, but very, very real!...

So.... At first, I found it quite easy... But, this wasn't my first taper (yes, I am that stupid!) and I knew from experience that the bigger numbers are always easiest to eliminate... So, within 2 months I had got myself down to 6mg... However, I knew the hardest bit was still to come... At this point I switched to Diaz3pam, due to it's longer half life... Which meant, less frequent dosing and hopefully a smoother, less w/d riddled next stage... It took 3 more months for me to get down to 30mg Diaz3p@m (by this time, I had ceased taking Cl@naz3pam totally)....

These 3 months were shit!... Literally!.. Every drop I made brought on a series of mental & physical symptoms for the first 3 or 4 days... Extreme anxiety, panic attacks, nausea, twitching, hand tremors, severe bouts of apathy, insomnia and a near constant overwhelming feeling of dread.... But, as my body & brain adjusted to the new dose, the remaining 10 days, I felt better (I stayed on each dose for approx 2 weeks, before dropping again)... I didn't only feel better, I felt like I had stolen another little victory.. I was proud, I felt strong and resilient... It was almost liberating... This little moment of clarity always encouraged me to keep fighting and aiming for the next drop...

At 30mg I was ready to do my 'final descent' as I called it... My aim was 10mg....

It has taken another 2 months of exactly the same battles, although I would say, slightly more mentally tough this time? The physical symptoms weren't as bad... Still the usual tell tale signs of w/d's... Shaking, twitching, insomnia, but I'm finally here : )... 10mg, no more, no less... I am now in control of my addiction, whereas before it was well and truly in control of me!..

I am no different, better or worse than anyone else here.. I haven't shared this story for celebration (although I am quite proud of myself ; ))... It's my personal account of a common thread amongst all of us and without the support of many good friends I have made here, I wouldn't have had anywhere near the courage or resolve to do what I have done... And for that, I am truly thankful : )..

The hardest thing about w/d's and addiction is thinking you are alone... That's a terrifying thought when you are going through your own personal hell.... Just knowing that you are not, is one of the most comforting things in the entire world... And the best thing about a place like this, is you are never alone.. I have cried on many of your shoulders and asked for advice regularly (you know who you are). And I have the utmost respect for those people and also for the friends I have yet to meet here : )

I have shared this story because I think it's important that people know that no matter how 'fucked' you may think you are, there is always a way out... It's not easy and it's certainly not pleasant!.. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel!... It might take you months to find the bastard, but it's there!!..

In turn, I hope you all know that you are quite welcome to cry on my shoulder anytime you damn well please : )

Much love, hugs & mental tidiness

~P~
This is simply wonderful! I've been on the exact same journey and know how dark the path sometimes seemed! I promise you the road only becomes wider and smoother as you travel! It isn't easy to put the benzos down but it is SO worth it!

Cheers Roger,

I'm looking forward to a clearer road ahead, believe me!

I feel like I've cleaned my mental closet a bit?.. Don't get me wrong! There's still a lot of tidying left in there to do yet : )

~P~

Is that not the truth! There seems to always be something to work on, right? I learned my lesson, though, after the Battle of the Benzo. Those things demand respect and they have mine now. That's for sure. I am impressed you can hold at 10 mgs. I would never worry about getting off of them at low dose. Cheers to you!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back