am i depressed or am i going through a new addiction?

Def_Starr

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
Hey, so recently the past 2 month's i have been frequenting the gentlemen's club, not only are there drink special's awesome but also the food is not that bad for a joint like a gentlemen's club. I think i am addicted, because i would spend at least more than before I would on anything else, and i would find new ways to get extra cash to  go to  the club , and i frequent the place 2x-3x a week. I stop caring about my identity thief, issue and all the bad stuff happening latley and work and have more liquor hang overs, I started drinking more these 2 past months than i would say in the past 5 years......

, and some how i hit a depression where i don't want to eat right , work out on my downtime, stay active, but wait when the surf is right and go out for that or go to the gentlemen club's, odd part is i haven't been abusing my medication

I do not get lap dances, i dont want that its not my style, so now these girl's who know me from coming in , actually now sit with me and talk to me not to hustle me but just to chill and talk and maybe get a drink or whatever when its dead and bored and they figured the crowd is deadbeats and il be like psst il share my alcohol /default_smile.png , why not 2 for 1 specials... so anyway these girls they started inviting me out with them to do things... so now whole new world opened up to me, and its pretty dark and shady :/ and when you come out the light hurts your eyes , 

ahh whatever my randomness 

wow  i sound stupid 

O

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mrcoolguy, now I know where you've been. It's most definitely a new addiction. If you are abandoning healthier lifestyle options for it, it's not a good one either. It depresses me just hearing about it. Reminds me of spending too much time in bars and clubs when I was younger.

I'm glad you are posting about it because it indicates that you know something isn't right. You substituted alcohol for pills and that's not an improvement. Maybe you need start a new  regimen of healthy eating, exercise, and sunlight and get really cool again.

Best wishes

2earls

I used to work at a Platinum. The drink specials are absolutely ridiculous, you are right. But don't forget about what you pay at the door. We used to have a $0.25 draft night. believe me, tips were not good on Thursdays because it was the night that the alcoholics frequented the club. I never drank much until my current boyfriend and I got together. I think we were nervous wrecks around one another. It got to the point that I would start to get a headache and hypertensive..almost feel that same feeling when you are due for a xanax- around 2 o'clock, and I realized that I had a start cutting back. Be super careful. When we started to cut back we ended up sleeping a lot. And then we started having our first arguments because of course we were in slight withdrawals. And, always remember that a lot of the girls count on people that just want to talk to them. They can be your biggest money makers.

I went to my doctor today for a check up as I hadn't been there for many months.  She made me fill out a form  to see if I was depressed or not because she said that new reports show that people taking narcotics tend to get depressed.  The ironic part is that the last time she has prescribed any narcotics to me was over two years ago... so yeah, that is depressing.

I went to my doctor today for a check up as I hadn't been there for many months.  She made me fill out a form  to see if I was depressed or not because she said that new reports show that people taking narcotics tend to get depressed.  The ironic part is that the last time she has prescribed any narcotics to me was over two years ago... so yeah, that is depressing.
Lol that's too funny. Not the no narcotics part, but after 2 years she's saying that? Poor Suzie.

I was in the same situation when my ex & I of 4 years split. I was getting wayyyyy into bad things(gambling, started drinking(I HATE ALCOHOL), and super stoned everyday). I got to the point of never wanting to go to work, or work wouldn't be any what of an excitement as my job is very easy/exiciting. Who wouldn't get excited selling something for $400k? I sure wasn't. I started hitting the gym which turned into my new addiction. 

Just have to look forward and set a goal. IF you don't set goals I don't believe people can reach they're full potential. We are all equals, and some people just need a little push along the road to get you to the gas station if you catch the analogy. 

Just like a benzo addiction, taper it....Stop going to frequently, and have a $$ figure set it what you want to see every single night before you goto bed. Made my life much different. 

this memorial weekend, i need to stay away from the club, and hit the gym!! and get back on track, i somehow fell off the horse and i dont want to get back on but i know in my head if i continue this path il look like the weirdo's that come in there, 

with my anxiety atleast i am aware of what i am doing and know its bad and i can tell i been more lazier, and my sleep has been way off,

maybe i just wanted a girl to talk to , being single sucks, and its most difficult for me to talk to just girls in general at the beach, or in public like if i am not approachable, maybe i substituted girls:/

i need to do something! i need to definately need the cardio machine, and sauna and rid my-self of the bad habit :/ 

I almost peed

Hey mrcoolguy, i have missed you!  I am NOT saying that strippers are bad people...not at all.  I so agree with rvsalesguy that you should try and taper off of the clubs.  Maybe do a rewards system....for every five successful workouts, go to the club.  It is OK to like to go to the gentlemens club.  Just not all of the time.  there is a shitton of ladies that want to hang with you...andnot just at the strip clubs.  They are everywhere.  I think online dating is a great way to make friends!  You could also take fun classes...like cooking or art. Art is amazing.  I wasnt into it at all until I accompanied my bf to one of his classes at the art institute.  You can really make a day of that!  It is SO interesting too!  

Being single can suck sometimes.  I am newly single and pissed.....but I already am reaping certain benefits.  

Love you lots!

Any activity that causes the feel good chemicals to be released in the brain whether it be drugs, food, gambling, sex, money, coffee, nicotene even a hobby if stopped suddenly can cause withdraw(depression). Some get addicted to tv shows, getting a bargain shopping...

When it comes to addiction I think it's more about what a person is engaging in to change their mood. So while the general consensus is that only drugs, alcohol and gambling and smoking are the only substances that you can become addicted to is not completely correct. Whether it animal, vegetable or fish, if it makes you feel good and you suddenly stop you're brain wants that's good feeling again and when it's not there depression can easily creep in.

Hey mrcoolguy, i have missed you!  I am NOT saying that strippers are bad people...not at all.  I so agree with rvsalesguy that you should try and taper off of the clubs.  Maybe do a rewards system....for every five successful workouts, go to the club.  It is OK to like to go to the gentlemens club.  Just not all of the time.  there is a shitton of ladies that want to hang with you...andnot just at the strip clubs.  They are everywhere.  I think online dating is a great way to make friends!  You could also take fun classes...like cooking or art. Art is amazing.  I wasnt into it at all until I accompanied my bf to one of his classes at the art institute.  You can really make a day of that!  It is SO interesting too!  

Being single can suck sometimes.  I am newly single and pissed.....but I already am reaping certain benefits.  

Love you lots!
​Hey Cat, wow...really? Newly single? Otter bailed? Or did you kick him out..I guess I've been away too long sweetie. I see your car fund has bumped up, and you have almost met your goal...Congrats! Luv ya gurl..

-YB

Hey Cat, What are doing Sat night? And don't say washing your hair!

I met my fiance, after many many bate dates, on a dating site.  Im blessed we found one another..

I vouch for dating site, but you need to be totally honest on your profile or you may end up with alot of bat shit crazy people..lol

its so bad,

i hear jeremiah "dont tell em" and  i think of the club, aaah its so boring its friday i can be there right now!!!, memorial weekend!!! 

theres even other songs on the radio i hear and boom i associate it with that place, but i need mUSICC !

than i feel like if i stop going i loose my status and i gotta start all over again /default_tongue.png :/ girls /default_sad.png 

Hang in there Mrcoolguy, do you have any buddies to call up to do something different and not be alone? A social life outside of clubs would help you be less bored. I don't want to say anything wrong but I don't think you have much to worry about as far as status goes. Your money is just as green any day.

unfortunately after work, i made the decision and went again :/ /default_sad.png  i spent my gas money for the surf trip for tomorrow, and i guess whatever happens tomorrow, happens :/  girls <3 there all i really want is girls , and in the morning its girls!,

and dont even let me start on the tricks i got played with today :/ i am ashamed i got suckered for it :/ 

if i cant get out of this habit, something is going to have to happen either i i goto jail! or get some serious help! :/ 

Oh no, you spent your surf trip money?  Take it one day at a time, and try not to go for thirty days.  One day at a time. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back