Best Concert You've Ever Been To?

mrwiggums

I have been to a lot of concerts in my younger days. As far as musical talent Joe bonamassa is one of the best due to his absolutely killer guitar skills. I have went to oz test for like 6 years straight or so, pretty good up until 2008 when I stopped going. And Jimmy buffet is freaking amazing concerts go to also went to those for like 6 years in a row. The biggest and wildest parties I've ever seen. But Metallica and Godsmack in the round at Rosemont horizon one of the most memorable.

I've never really been a fan of Nine Inch Nails...  but my girlfriend at the time dragged me to one of their concerts in probably '03.... best friggen show I have ever seen. Was not expecting that. And my current girlfriend hates metal, but she saw Metallica and still says it was the best show she's ever seen. Go figure... neither of us were into the bands we were seeing, but walked away with it becoming the best show/s we ever saw.

First time I went to see buffet wasn't really a huge fan of his music but the crowd and the fans made it fantastic lol.

God so many ,Best times i recall me n my boys at like age 22 following the whole Ozzfest Tour from State to State In my mans old school VW HIPPIE wagon ......we would roll with like 10 of us just partying for like a Year Straight ....Very interesting ,Met Many many ppl from all over the world ..And still talk to some Ppl not in my Country till this day...Great Times

D

Great topic!   me....got it down to three:  Stevie Ray V and Double Trouble (saw him at a Jai Alai arena in Florida in '82...only about 100 people there and everyone left with their frigin' minds blown), every RUSH show i've ever been to, and i was blessed to see Peter Tosh once and that was the absolute best concert you can ever imagine..."Mama said son you gotta be a man...you gotta be the leader of reggae band"  -PT

God so many ,Best times i recall me n my boys at like age 22 following the whole Ozzfest Tour from State to State In my mans old school VW HIPPIE wagon ......we would roll with like 10 of us just partying for like a Year Straight ....Very interesting ,Met Many many ppl from all over the world ..And still talk to some Ppl not in my Country till this day...Great Times

D
Dude!  I saw Wizard on the "Speak of the Devil".  yeah, so now i have to make it four concerts that blew my mind!   and he had the dude from Night Ranger, Brad Gillis on guitar who wasn't any Rhodes, but kicked total ass and then Rudy Sarzo on Bass...it was an ax wielding bloody massacre. I get to relive it every time i listen to the double live LP that i've about worn the grooves out.    How many states did you hop on that tour dj?

D
If people that followed the Dead like that were called Dead-heads... and then people that follow Phish are, I guess... Phish-heads?? What would you call people that follow the OzzFest tour? I mean, besides the obvious.... I would think there'd be something more clever than Ozz-heads..... Something more like.. "Crazy Mother Fuckers formerly known as, now known as deaf Crazy Mother Fuckers." That's the whole title of their names.. Cuz that is nucking futs to  follow that tour (no offense, I love Sabbath and Ozzy - Paranoid and Master of Reality WAS my 8th grade)... but your hearing!? bye-bye!

I hope y'all wore ear plugs to the majority of the shows... like, the expensive high tech kind that filter out the harmful frequencies...

But shit dude, that must have been a blast....

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic!   me....got it down to three:  Stevie Ray V and Double Trouble (saw him at a Jai Alai arena in Florida in '82...only about 100 people there and everyone left with their frigin' minds blown), every RUSH show i've ever been to, and i was blessed to see Peter Tosh once and that was the absolute best concert you can ever imagine..."Mama said son you gotta be a man...you gotta be the leader of reggae band"  -PT
The last Rush show for the Clockwork Angels tour has got to be my favorite set they've ever done. I'm a huge fan of their 80's synth-pop/new wave/wanna-be contemporary sound... It's definitely my fav era of the group. But everyone whined because they didn't recognize the songs! the casual Rush listener generally is not familiar with the 80s stuff..... Just Tom Sawyer to 2112.. etc.

1st half - all 80s,

2nd half - all new material (have to respect a band that has been around for 40 years and can get away with playing their new album in almost its entirety.)

HIGHLIGHT - "The Manhattan Project" with a live string section. That just blew me away. LOVE RUSH.

Wish they'd rock Xanadu again one day, but I don't think Ged can sing those notes anymore. Big bummer.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Day and Jimmy Eat World in 2005! AC/DC and Metallica would be nice too /default_wink.png

If people that followed the Dead like that were called Dead-heads... and then people that follow Phish are, I guess... Phish-heads?? What would you call people that follow the OzzFest tour? I mean, besides the obvious.... I would think there'd be something more clever than Ozz-heads..... Something more like.. "Crazy Mother Fuckers formerly known as, now known as deaf Crazy Mother Fuckers." That's the whole title of their names.. Cuz that is nucking futs to  follow that tour (no offense, I love Sabbath and Ozzy - Paranoid and Master of Reality WAS my 8th grade)... but your hearing!? bye-bye!

I hope y'all wore ear plugs to the majority of the shows... like, the expensive high tech kind that filter out the harmful frequencies...

But shit dude, that must have been a blast....
U are correct we were Crazy Mo Foz @that age,and u hit it on the money my left ear has affected me for years ,we went everywhere in that VW,OH CAna*a, 6 falgzzz Park,and good ol JerZzy Shuer.......Great memories ..

D

The year that Judas priest was at ozzfest was awesome. Yeah I used to go to like three states for ozzfest. Never followed it though lol.

I was more into Sabbath ,but shit Ozzfest was always a All day n night event ,saw Drowning Pool b4 they even got signed....I saw them becoming next to get signed and a Month later they did..to many Bands to ramble but I would go for like Korn who does a great Fukin show,Disturbed,Linkin park,M Manson,wasn't a Fan but that guy could put on a Show..Metallica,System of the Down,Godsmack,damn I could go on and on ...ozz makes sure all the top best Bands join His event ....Still trying to figure out why Ozz can barley talk but can still sing ....HMMMMM .....by the time Ozz would come on like 9 PM I'd be trashed as it all starts at like 11am...with Many great bands I've seen the best all in one shot ....Shit I can't forget crazy Ass Mushroomhead n Slipknot....when it comes to concerts I have been to atleast 50 ....My boys and me did this for years ....prolly Saw Steve Miller 10 times ..Now that old school dayz...

D

Jump in those Pits(Moshpit) n your whole life would change ..Used to crowd surf till I got dropped on my Fukin Head ..That wasn't cool...,Pits are crazy outta control but for some u release mad tension n stress...a Ozzfest Pit will change ur World...And always liked how u would meet many ppl from other countries .. it's always been WORLDWIDE ppl. Would come from everywhere which I thought was awesome ,a Hotty with a Switz Accent. Always amazed me lol....

D

Yeah the most pits were awesome. And I seen Korn in 2000 with staind before they were big and sone retarded band before them.

johnnog said:
that just cracked me up dj,landing on your head LOL,think that moshing thing was started in the early 80's by Black Flag fans,cant remember which part of the US though,i'll stick to the one legged pogo,at the back with all the other aging old punks,aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhh-no-kay.
This was atleast over a decade NO WAY could I do that Now....I totally was winded n out for a minute it was a little funny after cause all my boys that came recorded it so still to this day I can watch this n I just LOL....saying I was a crazy lil fuk lol....u grow old u live n learn my man...
DJ

Pantera puts on a great show,Soulfly ,StaticX ..Took a bit to remember what band I was crowdsurfing too at this time,it was on the tip of my tongue all day ....here's the song I got dropped right on my head surfing LMFAO...I have video of it but will not post here ,elsewhere I would ,and I am certain my Asshole Boyz told everyone and posted it all over wherever....I won't Lie if is wasn't me i would of done the same it was a Lol.....it's @uuuut tubbbbe..u just have know what to search ..

DJ

U are correct we were Crazy Mo Foz @that age,and u hit it on the money my left ear has affected me for years ,we went everywhere in that VW,OH CAna*a, 6 falgzzz Park,and good ol JerZzy Shuer.......

Great memories ..

D
My left ear is all jacked up too... Low bass at concerts will cause some decent pain. It's a certain frequency range on the very low end... the rumble, and instant pain. All those years not wearing ear plugs and being a musician to boot..... I'm paying for it now with some decent hearing loss.

The last Rush show for the Clockwork Angels tour has got to be my favorite set they've ever done. I'm a huge fan of their 80's synth-pop/new wave/wanna-be contemporary sound... It's definitely my fav era of the group. But everyone whined because they didn't recognize the songs! the casual Rush listener generally is not familiar with the 80s stuff..... Just Tom Sawyer to 2112.. etc.

1st half - all 80s,

2nd half - all new material (have to respect a band that has been around for 40 years and can get away with playing their new album in almost its entirety.)

HIGHLIGHT - "The Manhattan Project" with a live string section. That just blew me away. LOVE RUSH.

Wish they'd rock Xanadu again one day, but I don't think Ged can sing those notes anymore. Big bummer.....
yeah, agree...actually one of my favorite albums is Grace Under Pressure....saw that tour too and that was the first time i ever saw a concert with lasers!  it's too bad geddy has lost his voice...just doesn't sound the same...but if you are a rush fan then it's more about the instruments anyway, right?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back