Best Concert You've Ever Been To?

Definitely about their musicianship... that's whats kept them alive for 40 years.  But shit, his voice adds so much style to the sound. It wouldn't have had that "flair" without his screeching and those high notes.

GUP was my first album from them... it's perhaps why I favor the 80's stuff. And I was 11 when Hold Your Fire came out and that's what was current when I got into them, so that definitely adds to why I probably favor the 80's sound. Now of course, you can't deny that their 70's stuff is insanely innovative.... But so was the 80's... especially Peart almost doing lead on certain songs with an electronic kit. And i'm a synth junkie.... and Ged used to best of 'em for that era.

First concert was Presto tour... Fricking 13 years old. i would have loved to see them in their hey-day in the 70's and 80's... but of course, I was way too young....

But i watched Exit.... and Show of Hands on video religiously......

Anyone here over 30?

I have to put my first concert - Jethro Tull Halloween Night 1972 Philly Spectrum. Probably was not the best but it was my first.

others:

Black Oak Arkansas, Rory Gallagher 1976

Robin Trower, Montrose, Rush 1976

Journey, Montrose, Van Halen(yeah they opened) 1978

Judas Priest, Iron Madien(first singer) 1981

The Allmans Brothers Band 2010

Saw KISS with their makeup, without their makeup and again with their makeup. I love 70's hard rock and feels that KISS while most people think their music stinks and I admit some of it's chessy  that no other band had put on such a incredible show as KISS did in the 70's

Not to be obnoxious but I used to keep track of my concerts. I may have hit 100 but don't have all the ticket stubs.

Anyone else like going to a lot of concerts too?

Headbanger, Private First Class KISS Army.

Okay fellow members, let 'er rip! I won't take any comments personally.

anybody about our age that went to a shit load of shows probably has big time hearing loss....head bangers=hearing aids (....eventually i'm afraid)

Alright rockytop.

I have tininitutis a bit but nothing like Townsend, Beck, Deep Purple, Lemmy or the others. In the 70's it was all amplification on stage with those crappy floor monitors the people on stage were blown away. Now a days they have ear monitors.

The loudest concert I saw was Judas Priest and Iron Madien at the Tower in Philly in 1981. But wait it was replaced by Motorhead in Camden around 2005. It was so fucking loud I had to put my fingers in my ears - yeah what a pussy. Honorable mention - Judas Priest, BLS and Thin Lizzy Reading PA 2011 - I had to leave my seat while Zack played - it was ungodly.

Yeah I sound like a pussy but I'm in my fifties and that kind of volume will cause permanent damage at my age. When I was in my 20's I was too stoned to notice

Yo HB I saw the Priest at the Tower too and yes it was Freakin' loud! Rob Halford even road a Harley on stage during the "British Steel" tour. I am still deaf from that show!

I was at the next to last Grateful Dead show before Jerry passed...The show and the crowd were Great, (from what I can remember of it) but Jerry looked Dazed and Confused...Worn the F' Out...Heroin finally did him him...

RIP- Jerry Garcia...

Alice in Chains "Dirt"...Kick Ass Show

Metallica- pretty decent...

Tom Petty-Excellent

Steve Miller Band-Good

Rush-Top notch

Dave Mathews-Excellent

Sublime with Rome-Decent, but not the best with Rome..

Godsmack-Kick Ass

Woodstock- F'n Amazing! (shit I wish...I'm not that old) /default_wink.png

Last edited:
I used to love going to concerts and while I'm still somewhat young at 32, I'm a little old but getting younger daily lol. At least my behavior is. But I have been to shit I don't even know a lot though. First concert was Korn and staind in 2000. Then I'm not even sure what was the next I think ozzfest. Aerosmith twice.

Judahs priest at ozzfest was pretty awesome. Ozzfest like 7 years straight 8 total I think.

A lot of local shows. A band called risk of faith at the hideout in sandwich IL was pretty awesome, but haven't heard anything by or about them since then.

Roger waters.

Was supposed to go to Crewfest but ended up sick /default_sad.png

Jimmy buffet is amazing especially the beautiful women who flash you, in the party in the parking lot, and he puts on a good show.

Joe bonamassa anytime he was anywhere near me, amazing guitarist.

Never got to see acdc, so sad.

Backyard tire fire at Little Joes, or it might have been kendall pub by then, but was an awesome show.

Hmm seems like I'm forgetting quite a few, eh m@rijuana does not effect the memory, you can't prove it. Wait what was I talking about again? And I used to keep my ticket stubs but have lost all of them somewhere along the way.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.  The audience ripped the seats right out of the venue.  I'm short so I was struggling just to stay high enough not to get trampled.  The band never stopped.

DMB was my first concert when I was 16 - i remember seeing this guy walking around looking for this girl named molly and kept asking everyone if they've seen her. I politely told her no I have not seen her but I will tell her that someone is looking for her... guy gave me a weird look...oh the innocence of youth

I'd like to switch it up a bit. How about your best Tribute Band ?

GTLO - Get the Led Out -  fucking amazing show. If they ever come to your town and you're a Zep fan you will not be disappointed.

Brit Floyd - Best tribute band in the world!. Although GTLO is equally as good they only tour the USA.

If I had to choose it would be GTLO.

I will show my age.  1975 Rolling stones Akron Rubber Bowl.  Stevie Wonder was the warm-up.  Led Zeppelin 1969. Ticket was $2.50.  Lastly Crosby Stills Nash & Young.

Fuuuuuccccckkkkkk how! That's the best.

If GTLO every gets to your part of town and I believe they might, check them out. You will think it's 1969 again. They have two guitarist of every song, sometimes 3 so they can replicate the exact sound of the records.

Korn..Take a look in the mirror. The crowd ripped the flooring up and people were crowd surfing on the flooring.

Gotta be the Stones 1st time I saw them. Young enough to stand in front and caught a bouquet of roses from Mick. Or Tom Petty in the beginning, opening for....nobody remembers who. They tore it up at Winterland. Loved concerts there.

ZZ TOP. Deguello tour. Most def. Close runners up would be

Priest, Priest and Priest. Ozzy WITH randy!, two days in a row, Illinois and WI, Rush permanent waves, Priest, Priest, and Stones (Miss you tour, i forget the name of the album. ). oh Yeah, Priest. The Guess Who was pretty awesome too! Maybe Metallica.

I got to meet Kk and Glen from Priest, twice!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back