Best Ever Album?

ElectroNymph

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Sgt Pepper always seems to come top.  It's a tricky one.  I have a few suggestions: Revolver,  The Velvet Underground,  Rubber Soul,  OK Computer,  Ziggy Stardust,  Blue -  Joni Mitchell,  Low -  Bowie,  What's Going on -  Marvin Gaye,  Nevermind,  The White Album,  Horses -  Patti Smith,  Transformer,  Hounds of Love,  Funeral,  Elephant,  Mothership,  Dark Side of the Moon. 

Some unusual choices,  can't make up my own mind! 

Too many to name!

Anything by Led Zeppelin

Anything by Pink Floyd

Anything by The Doors.....the list goes on and on.

It mostly depends on my mood.

Today I listened to The Rolling Stones "Still Life"  from their North American tour.....I am not really a Stones fan but I freakin love this album. It was my best ever album....but just for today.  Tomorrow it will probably be Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath".  Everyday my best album ever is different.....

Some good choices. Sometimes I listen to an artist to death -  it's addictive. 

Too many to name!

Anything by Led Zeppelin

Anything by Pink Floyd

Today I listened to The Rolling Stones "Still Life"  from their North American tour.....I am not really a Stones fan but I freakin love this album. It was my best ever album....but just for today.  Tomorrow it will probably be Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath".  Everyday my best album ever is different.....
Good choices. Ever since Bowie died,  I've listened to him every day. :/ 

Wow yeah this is a question with so many answers. I'd have to say some of my all time favs are Dirt, Alive, Nevermind, Life is Peachy, Great Southern Trendkill, Head Games...yeah too many answers :)

My best album ever for today was "Frizzle Fry" by Primus. I think Les Claypool may be the best/most underrated bass player of all time.  He plays the bass like a lead guitar!

@ElectroNymph  I watched the Ziggy Stardust movie/concert footage the other night on the Paladium channel and Bowie was simply amazing. He was a true rock n roll chameleon and kept changing his music as he matured.  I love his 80's stuff, yeah it was poppy, but it was also really good.   I was saddened by his death as well. 

Apart from "Absolute Beginners" and "Scary Monsters"  I like his more subversive 70's stuff,  also some good 90s, 2000s tracks. 

It would be boring if we all had the same taste though. 

I got a list! 

Leonard Cohen's:    "Death of a ladies man" / "Songs of love and hate" / "Old Ideas"     READ: "BOOK OF LONGING"

David Bowie: "Diamond Dogs" / "Low" / "Hunky Dory"  and I believe everyone should watch the video "Lazarus"  from his last album "blackstar" 

Lou Reed: "Transformer" / "Sally can't dance" / "coney island baby" 

Patti Smith:  "Easter" / "Horses"  READ:  "JUST KIDS" 

Hole: "Pretty on the Inside" (life changer for me) / "Live through this" / "nobody's daughter" 

Lana Del Rey: "Born to Die" / "Ultraviolence" - her latest is growing on me fast but "Born to die" could be my autobiography lol

I have a ton of others but I would take up this entire thread lol

I just want to say though, please listen to Klaus Nomi 

It has been one of those weeks...Grrrrrr  so my musical taste has changed to reflect the way I feel about things at the moment. My best album ever for today is Iron Maiden's debut album....Paul D'ainno's voice just brings out the metalhead in me.  I grew up in Europe and my formative musical years were spent enjoying all things Heavy Metal.  Iron Maiden brings back fond memories of foggy nights in Germany walking down cobblestone roads shrouded in mist and mystery.  Ahh the good ole days of a 12 year old Aint!  Its funny how music can induce such strong reflections of past things, good or bad, in your life.  I have such an eclectic taste that varies on my mood.....I love the Grateful Dead, went to approx. 40 shows, but I also love listening to Slayer, Black Sabbath, Traffic, and Widespread Panic....Sorta crazy when you think about it......I love me some good tunes:)

I was thinking about my favorite album of all time this morning when I was in the shower.  It finally came to me....An album that has everything you could possibly want....Love songs, mystery, intrigue, thundering drums, wailing guitars, lyrics well written and music that stirs the soul..  That album would be "Physical Graffiti" by Led Zeppelin.  From the old school blues of "In my time of Dying" to the yearning of "Ten Years Gone" this album has it all.....I love it and can listen to it over and over and not get tired of it.  I almost always hear something new when I listen to it....It also reminds me of my younger years smoking hash in the arches near the castle above the river in Heidelberg, Germany.....the good ole days!!  Its going to be a good day....I figured something out and it is only 8 am.  I hope this wasn't my only good realization of the day....I shouldn't have used it so early in the a.m.!

It has been one of those weeks...Grrrrrr  so my musical taste has changed to reflect the way I feel about things at the moment. My best album ever for today is Iron Maiden's debut album....Paul D'ainno's voice just brings out the metalhead in me.  I grew up in Europe and my formative musical years were spent enjoying all things Heavy Metal.  Iron Maiden brings back fond memories of foggy nights in Germany walking down cobblestone roads shrouded in mist and mystery.  Ahh the good ole days of a 12 year old Aint!  Its funny how music can induce such strong reflections of past things, good or bad, in your life.  I have such an eclectic taste that varies on my mood.....I love the Grateful Dead, went to approx. 40 shows, but I also love listening to Slayer, Black Sabbath, Traffic, and Widespread Panic....Sorta crazy when you think about it......I love me some good tunes:)
I was at the maiden concert in long beach arena in 84 they recorded part of Live After Death. I was 14, hell of a show. Piece Of Mind is my favorite maiden album. Dainno was great, When Dickenson took over it was kinda like Ronnie James Dio took over for Ozzy both were perfect fits

I'll go with Black Sabbath Heven and Hell, I love Ozzy but Dio was great on that album. Best metal ever made was the late 70s early 80s 

Too many to name!

Anything by Led Zeppelin

Anything by Pink Floyd

You're like my evil twin, The Doors making you the evil one. ?

Just joking, good choices here. Don't forget about Van Hallen, Genesis, and oh god the list does go on. 

@VII Its funny you mentioned Van Halen.  I was driving around yesterday with my windows down blasting Women and Children First and Fair Warning.  Two of my all time Faves!  

@Mcsorley The very first album I purchased when I was but a wee aint was "Speak of the Devil"  by Ozzy Ozbourne....my Mom was not pleased when she saw the album cover and even less pleased when the double abum was opened exposing the interior pics.  I really liked it alot even though it did not feature Randy Rhoads. I love some Sabbath, whether it is Dio or Ozzy.  I think Mob Rules with Dio is one Sabbath's best later albums.   Dio was the perfect choice to replace Ozzy as was Bruce Dickinson.  I really dig all of Maiden's up until Seventh son of a Seventh Son.   I saw them two years ago in Raleigh, Nc and they can still jam.  That was a great show...Megadeth opened for them.  I am not a big Dave Mustaine fan but Megadeth was pretty tight.

@SaintAlien Interesting Bowie choices. It took me ages to watch Lazerus, as I was so choked up! 

Mine would have to be: Ziggy Stardust (a given in my book), Station to Station, Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) and Low. 

Right, that's enough Bowie from me. ?

Now The Spice Girls!

I got a list! 

Leonard Cohen's:    "Death of a ladies man" / "Songs of love and hate" / "Old Ideas"     READ: "BOOK OF LONGING"

David Bowie: "Diamond Dogs" / "Low" / "Hunky Dory"  and I believe everyone should watch the video "Lazarus"  from his last album "blackstar" 

Lou Reed: "Transformer" / "Sally can't dance" / "coney island baby" 

Patti Smith:  "Easter" / "Horses"  READ:  "JUST KIDS" 

Hole: "Pretty on the Inside" (life changer for me) / "Live through this" / "nobody's daughter" 

Lana Del Rey: "Born to Die" / "Ultraviolence" - her latest is growing on me fast but "Born to die" could be my autobiography lol

I have a ton of others but I would take up this entire thread lol

I just want to say though, please listen to Klaus Nomi 
Let me guess, your favorite Cohen song is "Everybody Knows", if so, it's mine aswell if not the best from him. His voice is so unique and fits the song so well.

It has a lot of meaning behind it aswell, I listen to it multiple times a week. 

One of my favourite more mainstream albums is 'Closer' by Joy Division. I like morose music, and some of the songs on this...just beyond words.

Lyrics from 'Decades' (I think): 'We knocked on the doors of hell's darkest chambers...pushed to the limit, we dragged ourselves in...'

Less mainstream, 'zrcadlení melancholie' by Trist, a Czech black metal project. If you want pure agony in musical form, listen to this...not for the faint hearted...

But of course, since I listen to so many different bands all of whom I love, it's next to impossible to pick one favourite...

Also, 'Steptacular' by Steps, legendary stuff...! (...yeah.)

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back