Best Ever Album?

Damian Rice  - wow - I was just thinking of the film "closer" (such my life next to the film Candy with Heath Ledger)

Big pink "dominos" is my shit

The presets 

Clap your hands and say yeah!

She wants revenge

bauhaus

Throbbing Gristle

IAMX

Sneaker Pimps (the love affair I had with Chris Corner - top notch lol)

Placebo

Bjork 

I do agree that my mood changes my view on music. Sometimes I'm bluesy then sometimes balls to the walls energetic thus I have a vast collection of vinyl that includes classic rock, delta blues and late 50s..early 60s jazz.

for me best album is best categorized by genre

best rock and my hands down favorite album all time...Abbey Road. I have an original UK pressing w/o Her Majesty. Uber rare and amazing sounding

Best live album...Hendrix Band of Gypsys UK Track with the puppet sleeve ;)

best jazz ever...this is tougher but gotta lean towards Miles Davis Kind of Blue. I have a Classic Records 45rpm which is out of this world.

@runnerlk Have you listened to Jimi Hendrix Live at Berkeley from 1970?  Best rendition of Machine Gun I have ever heard.....You can close your eyes and actually see the carnage as described by Jimi's lyrics.....You can see flames shooting out his guitar like they were tracers from an M-16.   Its brilliant, amazing and heartbreaking all at the same time....

I am not a huge jazz guy....but my view definitely changes on my mood...I was listening to Rage Against the Machine yesterday and I thought dayum....this could be my best album ever....nope just for yesterday!!!  I really dig this thread as love music and I love seeing what people listen too....crazy diverse!!!

Then call me pretentious lady! ☺️

I think it's easier to go with the crowd and say something by The Beatles (you weren't there man!) but I suppose equally so Radiohead. HOWEVER!

1) Radiohead Ok Computer. It's genius at its heartbreaking best. To capture that pre millennia hysteria and the distopic foreboding is not an easy task. Also to then not to make it sound 'wanky' but accessible on an emotional level is breathtaking.Exit music is so simple yet I'm bubbling like a school girl. Paranoid android (multiple time sigs key changes) but gorgeous. So much could be said.

I do miss that version of Radiohead but Kid A was an evolution and I enjoy the EDM/semi guitar rock they produce. I miss seeing them live last time they visited my part of the world was a very rainy day on Glasgow green 6-7 years ago. That's a poor show.

I grew up on a staple diet (force fed) of The Beatles, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Dylan, led Zeppelin, The Doors all the greats I suppose. But then when I grew my own wings I was all about Jeff Buckley, Portishead, Muse, Rufus, Martha, good Blur. Damien Rice and then a plethora of Scottish Bands. Muse even though I'm starting to fall out the demographic judging by the audience last week at their gig are my band. We all have that band right?

So honourable mention if not already;

Jeff Buckley-Grace 

Damien Rice - O (haters gonna hate) 

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (so many legendary jazz musicians on one album. Flamenco Sketches still gives me the shivers) 

Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight (go listen puuurlse it's beautiful)

All Portishead.x. 

Muse never have an all time great album but if you see them live they are an all time great live act with a back catalogue to die for. Matt Bellamy shouldn't exist, singer, songwriter, one of the great guitarists of my age, classical pianist. It's totally not fair! 
The Beta Band? 

@runnerlk Have you listened to Jimi Hendrix Live at Berkeley from 1970?  Best rendition of Machine Gun I have ever heard.....You can close your eyes and actually see the carnage as described by Jimi's lyrics.....You can see flames shooting out his guitar like they were tracers from an M-16.   Its brilliant, amazing and heartbreaking all at the same time....

I am not a huge jazz guy....but my view definitely changes on my mood...I was listening to Rage Against the Machine yesterday and I thought dayum....this could be my best album ever....nope just for yesterday!!!  I really dig this thread as love music and I love seeing what people listen too....crazy diverse!!!
Rage against the machine was my favorite yesterday. 

I love Sonic Youth and The Pixies..

But then I also love black flag and blood for blood and the misfits.

I'm super motorhead one day and listening to hozier the next.

Hard question. 

@aintnouse Got Berkley on vinyl and BluRay tho the BR video is less than stellar quality. Yeah MG is great, I go back and forth on which one I like better Berkley or this bad boy that I'm gettin ready to spin...the legendary Band of Gypsys.

View attachment 1237

I've been into Ry Cooder lately - "sister morphine" off of the Stones just grabs me to tears

Also The Stone Roses "I wanna be adored" on repeat

Still have my original Stone Roses 1989 CD album, seen them 3 times live too. Ian Brown was a terrible vocalist live, but he's had singing lessons since I believe.

Still have my original Stone Roses 1989 CD album, seen them 3 times live too. Ian Brown was a terrible vocalist live, but he's had singing lessons since I believe.
They'd made no difference if he has. Loved like all the first stones album the second screamed COCAINE and the rest of history. I'm glad they reformed though and I got a chance to see them. John squire is such a musician! Although I wasn't a fan of his Seahorses venture. Too over indulgent.

@ElectroNymph who cares about credibility but I do vaguely remember Kandy pop *tumbleweed*

Thinking of a new thread in between my bombardment of fitness related stuff. Songs you've seen live that have reduced you to tears tickled those tear ducts. Either the witnessing a moment, craft, lyrics, genuinely a really sad song and/or you were just on tooooooo many psychotropics, I've got a few. All fairly sober especially the most recent one. What you think? 

@Hammerblow, I agree, his voice is poor! Second album was a load of pish too. I was crazy on Carter the unstoppable sex machine too. Seen them live around a dozen times,  usually at Brixton. The Charlatans were fantastic there just before Christmas too. Love the venue. 

You're making me jealous, Brixton is a venue I never got the chance to visit especially in its heyday. And Carter...you're killing me mate. I'd have loved to have seen that. Alley Pally is another one. You still can't beat the barra's. My fav of the ones I've been too and I have done a little travelling. Must admit it took awhile with The Charlatans basically until they revamped themselves 5-6 years ago.

Lil aint was cruising around this afternoon and had his mp3 player on random....Lo and Behold Janes Addiction starting blasting through my speakers.....I instantly remember that at one point Janes Addiction XXX was a favorite album of mine for an extended period of time!!!  A rousing rendition of Pigs in Zen, a blistering version of Whores and and two incredible covers...Rock and Roll and Sympathy for the Devil.  I love Janes Addiction and would like include them in my Best ever Album for today.......Damn Perry Farrell has an awesome voice......This is one band I have always wanted to see live but have never had the opportunity....The rest of their earlier stuff is pretty incredible as well...Nothings Shocking is prolly my second favorite Janes Album....

Its nice to say the word album and people actually know what you are talking about!!!!

Lil aint was cruising around this afternoon and had his mp3 player on random....Lo and Behold Janes Addiction starting blasting through my speakers.....I instantly remember that at one point Janes Addiction XXX was a favorite album of mine for an extended period of time!!!  A rousing rendition of Pigs in Zen, a blistering version of Whores and and two incredible covers...Rock and Roll and Sympathy for the Devil.  I love Janes Addiction and would like include them in my Best ever Album for today.......Damn Perry Farrell has an awesome voice......This is one band I have always wanted to see live but have never had the opportunity....The rest of their earlier stuff is pretty incredible as well...Nothings Shocking is prolly my second favorite Janes Album....

Its nice to say the word album and people actually know what you are talking about!!!!
We are getting old and the "art" of the album is lost literally and metaphorically . Well that's according to my cherubs, but even look at the beauty forgetting the songs for a moment 

View attachment 1238

I'm sticking to my guns best Album and its transatlantic any is OK Computer followed by Kid A. I'm that douche that has 'how to disappear completely and never be found' lyrics tattoo'd on my forearm. Just one sentence one beautiful sentence I know carry with my permanently as a reminded of the darker times

^^^^^^ OK Computer is hard to be bettered. 

I just missed The Fall playing around my area for £25. He does look 58 going on 90, and the lineup changes more than my underwear, so maybe not a completely bad thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently listening to: Let England Shake by PJ Harvey. New album, not bad, but this is way better. ;)

I had/have a major crush on PJ harvey and Karen O! Currently listening The Twilght Sad the Oran Mor session and Glen Hansard, Marketa Irglova The Swell season. Reminds me of a freezing cold night (minus 13) at the Bernard B Jacobs theatre in New York watching a preview of Once.

Every time I read this thread, I wrack my brain to pick a favorite. Like if I could only take one album to my desert island, what would it be? I can't do it!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back