Best Ever Album?

@runnerlk you have started an addiction for my husband he went out and bought not one but two guitars and two turntables because he found a better one. Everyday I never see him he used to hang out at the pot shops that are everywhere. A street by me on Colfax has so many I can't count! Because of you he is building a stereo. He just got a nice turntable but he spends countless hours at this music storebuying records and equipment for his stereo,putting it together one piece at a time.  I love this deluxe version of Led Zeppelin 3 L.P. set he got me but I'm afraid to play it's still wrapped in it's original package, anyways, thanks!

@runnerlk you have started an addiction for my husband he went out and bought not one but two guitars and two turntables because he found a better one. Everyday I never see him he used to hang out at the pot shops that are everywhere. A street by me on Colfax has so many I can't count! Because of you he is building a stereo. He just got a nice turntable but he spends countless hours at this music storebuying records and equipment for his stereo,putting it together one piece at a time.  I love this deluxe version of Led Zeppelin 3 L.P. set he got me but I'm afraid to play it's still wrapped in it's original package, anyways, thanks!
@Heavenlee good to see I've helped someone re-discover vinyl. NOW...I'f you're Zep fan, you need to track down LZII Presswell pressing "Hot Mix". When Robert Ludwig first mastered it everyone complained that it destroyed their cantilevers...Which of course is bullshit..they just had crappy gear. This mastering is THE ONE TO HAVE. When Bonham plays his solo on Moby Dick...it'll pin your ears back, like the poster of Lennon sitting in his chair???

Last edited by a moderator:
@Heavenlee I'm glad your hubby has found his way back to vinyl. I won't tempt him with my collection...other than....since he or you are a Zep fan..then have I got the vinyl for you..

So back in early 2000's Classic Records re-mastered/re-issued many classic rock and jazz titles.

So....they re-issued the Led Zeppelin library on 200 gram clear vinyl @ 45 rpm single sided and to boot they only pressed 1500 sets.

So...way back when...if you could buy one it would cost you ab out $800.00.

So..being the diligent collector I am...I scarfed one up immediately...Then...bought another.

So sitting on 2 sets and enough Zep that I literally forgot about them....

Forward to spring 2017 and I'm getting ready to move...down size..call it what you will.

I'm packing and I stumble across these sets amongst the 4000+ collection. So I diligently pack them and told myself as soon as I get settled in I would crak the seal on one of these sets and see what Discogs and all the "experts" have to say.

So I finally cracked the seal on the one set and wow...the best pressings of LZ that will ever exist.

So I decided I'd test the market with the3 other set and had bites at $`12,000. USD. But..nah..I'll keep em.

So, please don't show this to your husband as I cannot be responsible for his reaction.

Just a snap shot pictorial of LZI.

20171205_190031.jpg

20171205_185910.jpg

20171205_185727.jpg

@Johnnyb damn there's a ton of record and potshops on Colfax considering it's our main road they used to call it OldDenver Road or something but I've only been there for a year and a few months at the house we bought very close to Sheridan and Colfax. Like 5 minuets away but behind 6th so not in all the traffic it's if you know Denver it's a hidden subdivision  between the highway and light rail barely any traffic. I sent you a sticky note I stand corrected my husband said it's at Spaceman Guitar Shop. But if you have another shop to check out he's definitely interested hell hes leaving me four days after minor surgery to get an amp and go see his friend play. If you know of any other great shops please let me know now you two really have him excited. 

My copy must be some Japanese pressings not sure but I know their are original copies too. My husband is practically drooling over your turn table it truly is a labor of love. I'm grateful it got me away from watching tv bullshit like the housewives to music in our house all day. It totally changed my life and @runnerlk he's doing exactly like you did adding components at different times. I put my foot down on the MBL at $50 grand but it's amazing I think he has Bowers and Wilkens it sounds amazing compared to my Echo or iPod  and he's behaving only less than $10,000 so far but I cannot believe how much I'm into it now. We keep the politics off thank god no more Trump and have the stereo on all day listening to my faves Zeppelin Dead Bowie Marley Widespread Panic Blind Melon etc....and new stuff too 21 pilots and even Beyoncé! He has Quick Silver Messenger Service and a shi* load of records I've never heard of before that two decades gets me sometimes but anything after The Beatles Stones Allman Brothers and Dead I can keep up with. You've enspired a wonderful change in my life and I'm forever in your debt! I got my love of music back and it's so nice hearing vinyl instead of my Echo or iPod! Thanks so incredibly much. You truly made my house a wonderful place my sons kids even love it! They smoke their weed and listen to Pink Floyd. It's definitely brought us all together. Many thanks!

lmaof @runnerlk I thank you for your actions and I'm happy that one time last year he saw your setup I had no idea what a difference it would make in my life too. But he did set out to follow in your footsteps you're such a trend setter! He actually missed his stereo so much he wanted my son to ship down here but I put my foot down again he's leaving the freaking 22nd. So I'm stuck with the amazon Echo until I return to the mountains. It's freezing here now can't believe we got a whole week of crappy weather! Argh!

Grateful Dead. Portland. 5/19/74
I'll take 72-74 and 77-78 with 5/7, 5/8* and 5/9 of 77 at top of the list. 

*5/8/77 Barton hall is in the library of Congress and considered one of the best all time of the big band dead.

The '91 Nassau with branford is pretty special to me too

*5/8/77 Barton hall is in the library of Congress and considered one of the best all time of the big band dead.

I've heard the Cornell show more times than I can count and agree that its epic. But 74 is my favorite year. I love that WOS sound. The last 74 shows featured in the Grateful Dead Movie were awesome as well. Perfect blend of acid and blow in them to make everything well fueled and super spacey at the same time. After the hiatus, it was a lot less psychedelic. But yeah, that run of 77 shows from the Betty Boards are technically magnificent. Dont personally care for much 90s material. Especially after Brent was gone. 

@idan1120 have you heard the 72 venetta Oregon show that was featured in the movie sunshine daydream. Early donna. 

I agree that the sound of pre hiatus was different and those playin' s were epic back then... as I understand it Jerry had to relearn guitar after the coma so it makes sense that there is such a difference between 74 and 76...

I also do enjoy some of the older more heavily pig pen shows, especially when they'd really rock an other one>morning dew

End of the day I think my heart feels  help>slip>tower>eyes the strongest 

@idan1120 have you heard the 72 venetta Oregon show that was featured in the movie sunshine daydream. Early donna. 

I agree that the sound of pre hiatus was different and those playin' s were epic back then... as I understand it Jerry had to relearn guitar after the coma so it makes sense that there is such a difference between 74 and 76...

I also do enjoy some of the older more heavily pig pen shows, especially when they'd really rock an other one>morning dew

End of the day I think my heart feels  help>slip>tower>eyes the strongest 
Yes! LOVE the Veneta show. Absolutely soaked with acid! That show contains my favorite Dark Star..  And Pig was great in his day, but he takes second fiddle to Brent for my favorite Dead keyboard player. My favorite Other Ones are mostly in 74. Hard to beat those heavy drops in. 

Also, not trying to be a know it all, but I believe you're about a decade off as far as the coma goes. The 75 hiatus was just bc everybody needed a break. But there is an absolutely golden Oakland show from 87 (can't remember the date) shortly after the coma. 

As far as songs, I'm a big Dark Star fan. Also love St Stephen>The Eleven. And the old That's It For The Other One. Wrap that one up with a little Cryptical Envelopment and you have heaven on earth. 

I've heard the Cornell show more times than I can count and agree that its epic. But 74 is my favorite year. I love that WOS sound. The last 74 shows featured in the Grateful Dead Movie were awesome as well. Perfect blend of acid and blow in them to make everything well fueled and super spacey at the same time. After the hiatus, it was a lot less psychedelic. But yeah, that run of 77 shows from the Betty Boards are technically magnificent. Dont personally care for much 90s material. Especially after Brent was gone. 

My favorite show is definitely 7/8/78. But I love Cornell, Veneta and those 74 winterland shows.

My favorite show is definitely 7/8/78. But I love Cornell, Veneta and those 74 winterland shows.
That July of '78 KC show is good too... so much good dead...  middle of my phish NYE MSG NYC couch tour atm... when I finish I shall queue up @idan1120 and your favorite shows 

You two ever get to see them? I count myself lucky to have seen 2 nights knickerbocker arena Albany ny in '93 and first highgate Vt show '94 on some of that jesus christ superstar 

That July of '78 KC show is good too... so much good dead...  middle of my phish NYE MSG NYC couch tour atm... when I finish I shall queue up @idan1120 and your favorite shows 

You two ever get to see them? I count myself lucky to have seen 2 nights knickerbocker arena Albany ny in '93 and first highgate Vt show '94 on some of that jesus christ superstar 
I am old enough to have seen them if my parents were deadheads, but they were more interested in hair metal. I actually got into the dead through my love of Warren Zevon as they do a killer Werewolves of London cover. This was only last summer, but I've just about listened to nothing else ever since. My first show was the Halloween Dead & Co show last year, I've couch toured every show since and I'm planning on going to as many shows as I can this year while also watching whatever I can from home.

@itslavayo dead and co is my favorite post dead project, and I saw a few... I can't say enough good things about John Mayer picking up the torch along with the Oteil's energy and of course Chimenti. Still cracks me up when I'm in a store an I hear John singing about running through the halls of his high school to see him nailing it on the guitar and vocals with Bob on jack straw or something else.

@boldmold nice! I am a bit of a phish head so d&co is secondary atm. My friend has seen more and says that bob can bring it down, so far i havent hit one of those nights. 

I listen to live music mostly so there is no way i could pick a single album, let alone a single era from the dead or phish as they all have something. 

Agree with dsotm but animals is also a complete journey as is the wall. The final cut is an under appreciated work. Wish you were here is special too

Am I the only person that followed (jk) the Dead when Jerry was alive you guys and ladies make me feel old! But I am amazed how much good music you all know. I think I am the only person that loves the Dead but never was into Phish? I would love to see at Red Rocks one day soon hopefully and see them on shrooms. I love you posting the oldies which I love but please post newer bands I can check out please so my daughter can't make fun of me. Thanks to everyone sharing its been so enjoyable!

Sorry @itslavayo I missed your post!

Many to choose from for sure.but off the top of my head I thought physical graffiti/led zep

@Heavenlee I saw the first highgate Vt '94 dead show and two nights of the knickerbocker (albany) spring '93, guess I am old too!

@eagan1 phyiscal graffiti is a great album, I would put the stone's exile on mainstreet right up there too

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back