Best Ever Album?

i know i though 2earls was just down to the name so i can see how dot was mistaken. its not a bad thing, at least women can multi task...
Though i believe there is less difference between males and females than what most people think (we just tend to focus more on the differences than the similarities) multi-tasking is one area where i really seem to be male. I mean, i can't even chew gum and take a shit at the same time.

Btw. i've seen you use the word or abbreviation "dot" several times and i really don't know what that means. could you clarify?

dot coms where the first ecstasy pill i ever took they had an @ sign on them an spaceship sort of shaped. although i dont take any of that stuff or anything illicit and havent for many many years now. i stil keep that alias. i used it as a dj name too for a while when i was doing a bit of  online radio. mainly hiphop tbh. but i used to also cover for the edm guys regularly. my taste in music seems to change with my moods through all genres if im honest i couldnt chose one genre if i had too, ive been thinking about it loads whilst following this thread...

how did u think up ur alias? im guesing u like pandas? or no?
Aha, i feel a bit daft now. It's short for you nick. I thought it was some kinda internet slang or abbreviation like irl or imo.

There's no exiting story behind my alias i'm afraid. I needed one for a site i registered at and i was running through different sounds of words in my head. I arrived at Jellopranda because i liked the sound of that. When i registered at another site i changed it to Jellopanda because i thought it sounded cute.

And since this is a music thread it also helps because of Jello Biafra and that he's a genius, and that Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death is one of my favourite albums. One of the few instances where a compilation album is a favourite album of mine.

I do like pandas too, i like animals in general.

you defo seem 2 know your music mate. some cool tracks posted an named. an nicely done with the squeezing some trivia in

Hair!. Lots of good versions of this album, but the best is the original one, and by that i don't mean the original movie from 1979 by Milos Foreman, but the original Broadway show from 1968.

View attachment 1506

And now for something completely different. We can't get away from Babymetal. I love both their albums. Firstly the first album appropriately named Babymetal.

To prove i'm back on the right track these days i'll do what i like to do and post one of the best albums ever made. Particularly in this case, not everything i've posted has strictly belonged among the best albums ever. The Velvet underground and Nico released their debut album in 1966. Lou Reed, Nico and the rest of the Velvet Underground where fixtures at Andy Warhol's "The Factory" at the time and although Andy Warhol is credited as the producer he did little beyond pay for the studio recordings (i think, despite his genius, he was a little bit of an attention whore, as you can see by his name being the only one on the cover).

The album dealt with some pretty controversial subjects for it's day, (maybe even today). Like S&M, prostitution, drag queens, and this particular song is about Lou Reed waiting for his heroin dealer.

View attachment 1529

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew @JellopandaI was starting to worry about you ;) but I see Velvet underground and all is well !!
Hehe. As i mentioned earlier, not everything i've posted strictly belongs among the best albums ever. Like the Babymetal stuff. I think they're great fun, especially along with the videos or live performances, but the music is only so-so, and i think i posted that with a slight buzz which makes it even more entertaining. Macklemore in the best song thread is about the same, great fun, but really only with the video. Some other stuff may be a bit questionable as well.

I will stand by most of the things i've posted tho, but i'll try to maintain some discipline and only post music i think is truly great. Velvet Underground being among them :)  My taste in music is so eclectic tho that to find anyone out there that enjoys exactly the same things i do is virtually impossible.

Back to one of the greatest albums ever. Stardust by Willie Nelson from 1978. This is from Willie Nelson's Outlaw Country period in the seventies, which was a form of country inspired by people like Hank Williams and Buddy Holly, that was a reaction to the smooth, polished, pop-inspired country that was popular in Nashville at the time. It was rougher, and had rock and folk elements and deeper lyrics than that other crap. Other outlaw country artists include, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson which together with Willie formed the band The Highwaymen later in their careers.

Stardust may not be the most typical example of Outlaw Country by Willie, Shotgun Willie and Red Headed Stranger may be more so, as Stardust is more a sort of blend of Willie's style covering what could be described as american evergreens. It's one of the best albums made however and if you have a smooth relaxed benz0 and or cody buzz it's perfect.

@Jellopanda PBS aired an old concert of the Highwaymen recently and I really got into it. I was nostalgic even though I was not a country music fan until I was older. Even went to see Waylon Jennings son in concert as he was here coincidentally, then I read all their biograpes online. Funny how seeing a random show can trigger an interest you don't even know you have.

@Jellopanda PBS aired an old concert of the Highwaymen recently and I really got into it. I was nostalgic even though I was not a country music fan until I was older. Even went to see Waylon Jennings son in concert as he was here coincidentally, then I read all their biograpes online. Funny how seeing a random show can trigger an interest you don't even know you have.
If anyone ever lived lives that gave them something to write about it's those four, They live/lived such hard, tough, but also rich and eventful lives that even with the substance abuse and the hell they've been through sometimes, i'm almost kinda envious of them for all their experiences, ups and downs, loves, giving caring natures, strength of personality... i could go on. Especially Willie and Johnny are icons that represent to me the very best qualities of the american spirit and culture.

I'm actually going to be on topic..Honest... ;)

So what does a semi-retired ol fart do on a Friday night when he ain't got no date? Don't feel sorry for me...it was/is by choice :) He installs a new tone arm on his turntable 3+ hours....then sits back with a frosty beer and plays some of his reference vinyl to determine what mods will be necessary to achieve audio nirvana. 

I ordered this tone arm back in June and it finally arrived today. Not to bore you with the details, but it was custom made by ClearAudio.de

Anyway after 3+ hours of setup...alignment...VTA...etc. I was ready to spin some serious vinyl which brings me to my declaration that.....

Led Zeppelin II is one of the greatest rock albums ever recorded. When the album was first released the engineer Robert Ludwig mastered it without any or very little equalization. This resulted with an early pressing being deemed the "Hot Mix" and many who purchased this pressing, playing it on inferior gear complained that it actually caused the cartridge to skip and produced horribly distorted sound....

This of course is total bull shit and what Mr Ludwig ultimately produced was an amazing piece of musical genius that played on the right gear will provide the listener with audio Nirvana.

Heartbreaker...Moby Dick..whole Lotta Love. Wow a musical experience I haven't had for quite some time.

If you're ever in the lovely SE USA you're welcomed to audition ;)

Gosh I love this hobby

Anyway off to bed for this ol fella.

View attachment 1546

View attachment 1547

I'm actually going to be on topic..Honest... ;)

So what does a semi-retired ol fart do on a Friday night when he ain't got no date? Don't feel sorry for me...it was/is by choice :) He installs a new tone arm on his turntable 3+ hours....then sits back with a frosty beer and plays some of his reference vinyl to determine what mods will be necessary to achieve audio nirvana. 

I ordered this tone arm back in June and it finally arrived today. Not to bore you with the details, but it was custom made by ClearAudio.de

Anyway after 3+ hours of setup...alignment...VTA...etc. I was ready to spin some serious vinyl which brings me to my declaration that.....

Led Zeppelin II is one of the greatest rock albums ever recorded. When the album was first released the engineer Robert Ludwig mastered it without any or very little equalization. This resulted with an early pressing being deemed the "Hot Mix" and many who purchased this pressing, playing it on inferior gear complained that it actually caused the cartridge to skip and produced horribly distorted sound....

This of course is total bull shit and what Mr Ludwig ultimately produced was an amazing piece of musical genius that played on the right gear will provide the listener with audio Nirvana.

Heartbreaker...Moby Dick..whole Lotta Love. Wow a musical experience I haven't had for quite some time.

If you're ever in the lovely SE USA you're welcomed to audition ;)

Gosh I love this hobby

Anyway off to bed for this ol fella.

View attachment 1546

View attachment 1547
Led Zeppelin I, II , III, IV, V, VI, VII and of course Houses of the Holy (a particular favourite of mine) are all great albums. I may have thrown a few extra in there for good measure.

When it comes to your sound-system, i'm very envious, but also a bit relieved to have toned things down. First off, i'm saving A LOT of money and secondly not all of the setting up ,getting everything just right, moving stuff about, adjusting and then testing, trying to get exited about the sound, but at the same time listening for faults and if anything is wrong became less of a pleasure to me as time went on. And the buyer's regret after you realized you've just spent  4000 $ on a couple of speaker cables can be pretty massive, and makes you feel like you lost touch with reality somewhere along the way.

But the feeling you get after you've purchased something that makes your sound take a quantum leap into nirvana as you call it, runnerlk, is unbeatable. Like when you suddenly hear details you never even knew was on the record, or you feel base like you've never heard it before, or those sibilants that has annoyed you to the point of wanting to take a slegdehammer to your stereo are completely gone, then you don't need any kinda drug no matter how good, cause you already have the best there is.

There is this feeling tho that many people who are audiophiles, me included, have had a lot experience with. That during a month or so after a huge purchase your sound is everything it could possibly be. It's perfect, but then this feeling slowly creeps in that there's something not quite right about it. One or severel things doesn't sound like they should. It could be real, but i often think it's just cause the sound doesn't quite match this impossible image of perfection that you have in your head and you can never achieve anyway.

A friend of mine from my most intense hifi days who had a lot more money and was a lot more obsessive than me bought a pair of speakers that cost him 1 million norwegian kroner, that's about 125 000 dollars. and he was in heaven for around that month i spoke about, but then the doubts started creeping in, and after another couple of months he decided there was only one thing left to do now. He had to demolish his (very expensive) house, then rebuild, starting with the room he had his hifi in and build the rest of the house around it. So to anyone who has this obsession i strongly advice them to keep your feet on the ground, do a reality check once in a while or you could end up like this guy.

But gratz on your sound runnerlk! :)

@runnerlk  Great choice....Charlie Brown!  I was watching the Thanksgiving special and "Little Birdie" started playing and it just amazed me all the horns playing in the background that are so groovy.    I was a lil baked so I was zoning out hardcore and man I thought this was one pretty killer jazz production to put into a kids cartoon.  I have a much different outlook on it than I did when I was 5 or 6!

@UberSmash that shows my age, lol!  Radiohead OK Computer or Kid A I know its been said before. @aintnouse yesterday I sat for 8 hours getting a coverup tattoo and I thought of you thinking of fugazi's Waiting Room. Also any Grateful Dead especially Live Dead love DarkStar and Jimi Hendrix Are you Experienced this list can go on and on first Led Zeppelin Nirvana and Blind Melon Shannon Hoon was beautiful and his voice was like heaven and Sublime Bradley Nowell you are surely missed!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back