Best Ever Album?

4 minutes ago, Jellopanda said:

Hah! And Glory Box in one of my favourite songs of all time

I was listening to that earlier! I was born in Bristol, so have a particular affection for Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky and PJ Harvey.

I was listening to that earlier! I was born in Bristol, so have a particular affection for Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky and PJ Harvey.
All stuff i really like. Particularly Massive Attack. Protection is another of my favourite songs

All stuff i really like. Particularly Massive Attack. Protection is another of my favourite songs

That is a great song/album, they get lots of acclaim for Blue Lines and Mezzanine too.

Also, really into Röyksopp - Norwegian band. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
God that was good, she sounded like a cross between Ricky Lee Jones and Eddie Brickell, very unique voice and sound. @Jellopanda I'm loving your music! I didn't know this was  folk music. It's great music. Between you and @DippityDoo introducing me to Son House and Kathy Whitman, loved how she took the song from Robert Johnson, I heard his version too. But she made it completely her own. PS I had to look at google lyrics I didn't know that but I wanted to see the lyrics, they are awesome, but two entirely different versions. Thanks so much for sharing and opening me up to your music. Is this called folk music, because it sounded like the blues to me! A for absolutely loved it!
It's what you would call Country Blues (also know as folk blues, a kind of folk infused blues). Robert Johnson is most often referred to as a Delta Blues musician, a regional form of Country Blues, the Mississippi Delta region specifically, which incidentally is also where Son House, Robert Johnson's mentor, was from.

Fun fact: When Keith Richards first heard Robert Johnson he asked who the other guitarist playing with him was. He didn't realize it was only Robert Johnson playing.

That is a great song/album, they get lots of acclaim for Blue Lines and Mezzanine too.

Also, really into Röyksopp - Norwegian band. ;)

Edited 4 minutes ago by ElectroNymph
Yeah. love those too. And ofc i love Teardrop, just seemed a little boring to mention, because it's everyone's favourite ;)

Yeah. love those too. And ofc i love Teardrop, just seemed a little boring to mention, because it's everyone's favourite ;)

My crappy phone keeps posting twice! I love Kate Bush. PJ Harvey and Beth Gibbons, in that order.

Favourite males are: Bowie (Obviously), Frank Black, Michael Stipe and Damon Albarn.

My crappy phone keeps posting twice! I love Kate Bush. PJ Harvey and Beth Gibbons, in that order.

Favourite males are: Bowie (Obviously), Frank Black, Michael Stipe and Damon Albarn.
i kinda i get a feeling i know roughly how old you are from those favourites :)

Well it says so on my profile! Bush and Bowie were before my time, I was a 90's teen, arguably the last great time for music. 
I checked when you said it was on your profile. i was two years off, i figured '78. Not a nice thing to say to a lady, that's she seems older than she is, so i apologize :)  I bet you look 25 tho :P

I checked when you said it was on your profile. i was two years off, i figured '78. Not a nice thing to say to a lady, that's she seems older than she is, so i apologize :)  I bet you look 25 tho :P
I am 35. Started getting into 60's music at 10. My Mum was a classical viola player. Listened to her old Beatles album's; Rubber Soul being my favourite. Most people go for Revolver or Sgt Pepper, lol.

I am 35. Started getting into 60's music at 10. My Mum was a classical viola player. Listened to her old Beatles album's; Rubber Soul being my favourite. Most people go for Revolver or Sgt Pepper, lol.
To be clear. Tho you probably didn't misunderstand this. When i said '78 i meant the year 1978 :)  My father raised me on Beatles (and Pink Floyd and Classical Music.) Beatles records and lyrics was the reason i spoke english before any of my classmates. I love all the albums you mentioned, but my favourite is Abbey Road.

To be clear. Tho you probably didn't misunderstand this. When i said '78 i meant the year 1978 :)  My father raised me on Beatles (and Pink Floyd and Classical Music.) Beatles records and lyrics was the reason i spoke english before any of my classmates. I love all the albums you mentioned, but my favourite is Abbey Road.
Don't worry, I understood. Was born in 1980. Many Scandinavians, Dutch, German's speak excellent English. In the UK, learning of foreign languages is sadly in decline. 

I speak some French and my Mum changed careers and became a French translator. 

It's good that you like a later album, it's quite rare. They all have their good points though.

So basically what you're asking is whether you should choose an album from the 2000's, 90's or 80's?

I like music from 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30, 40, 50..... 80 ....200 ....400 years ago and everywhere in between. that's my vibe at least. But if you're restricted to 80's and later then i have to say i'm not a big fan of the 80's, tho there was still some good music back then as well.

suggestions:

80's: Let's Dance (David Bowie), Hunting High and Low (A-ha), Nebraska (Bruce Springsteen)

90's: Odelay (Beck), Music for the Jilted Generation (Prodigy), Rage Against the Machine (Rage Against the Machine)

2000's: 2001 (Dr. Dre), American III: Solitary Man (Johnny Cash. One of my favourite albums ever in fact) Modern Times (Bob Dylan)

There's tons on other albums i could mention, but since i'm too fond of discussing and sharing my taste in music for some people i decided to limit my suggestions to three albums per decade. I also decided to steer away from some of the more obscure music i listen to, like Tinariwen and Rin' for example
Sort of. I wasn't asking what year I should post from just wanted to know what people thought on how music has changed I. E  the 2000s vs 90s part. But u answered perfectly tbh, nice choice with prodigy been to few festivals an seen them. Bob Dylan was a must to this like list. Rolling Stones yes, I lived in a village where the drummer kieth Richards lives (Dolton, winkleigh) only ever seen him propping up the local kings arms bar though lol...

God I knew I liked you two immediately @Jellopanda And @ElectroNymph love Portishead, glad you added that one. I was going to say teardrop, then Now I fell like an idiot because you already said it's everyone favorite! Love Kate Bush as well, loved the Pixies with Frank Black/Francis Black, and PJ Harvey is a classic. I already mentioned Eddie Brickell and Natalie Mercant, didn't she have a thing with Michael Stipe a long time ago? Bowie is my absolute favorite well tied with the a Rolling Stones depending on my mood that day! Tricky is popular in the states too, haven't heard much lately though. I remember how naive and ignorant I was but when I first heard him, I was like they have African (poc) to be politically correct, rappers across the pond. He is awesome!  I'm telling my age here but I also loved siouxsie sioux of siouxsie and the banshees! Thanks @ElectroNymph for putting the link is beautiful Beth Gibbons voice sounds like an angel to me! God you guys are bringing up good memories! @Jellopanda can't get enough of you, love learning new music because without music the world would be a very sad place! I love your trivial facts! Makes me look smarter than I am, lol! 

Oh my god, what a delightful cover, not too many people can over it well, The Beatle are after all,a hard act to follow! I can't agree with you more when you said:

, I was a 90's teen, arguably the last great time for music. 
Can't agree anymore with that one! And @Jellopandakeep posting us new treats! Your knowledge of music amazes me and I have absolutely been loving exploring new music genres with you! It's never to late to learn!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back