Best Ever Album?

We are getting old and the "art" of the album is lost literally and metaphorically . Well that's according to my cherubs, but even look at the beauty forgetting the songs for a moment 

View attachment 1238

I'm sticking to my guns best Album and its transatlantic any is OK Computer followed by Kid A. I'm that douche that has 'how to disappear completely and never be found' lyrics tattoo'd on my forearm. Just one sentence one beautiful sentence I know carry with my permanently as a reminded of the darker times
'How to Disappear Completely!' My god, I'm glad I know that someone else adores it as much as me. One of those songs that is very difficult to describe, but the strings, synths and Thom Yorke's sublime vocals send shivers down my spine.

I first heard that song maybe...11 years ago, and it's still so fresh. Was listening to Kid A again for the first time in a while the other day.

Sadly I don't have it with me here to take a picture, but I have the vinyl edition of the Pyramid Song single from Amnesiac. I've got it in a plastic protective cover and barely touch it, haha. 'tis my precious!

'How to Disappear Completely!' My god, I'm glad I know that someone else adores it as much as me. One of those songs that is very difficult to describe, but the strings, synths and Thom Yorke's sublime vocals send shivers down my spine.

I first heard that song maybe...11 years ago, and it's still so fresh. Was listening to Kid A again for the first time in a while the other day.

Sadly I don't have it with me here to take a picture, but I have the vinyl edition of the Pyramid Song single from Amnesiac. I've got it in a plastic protective cover and barely touch it, haha. 'tis my precious!
It's a very special song so beautiful and, well everything you just said. I'm not one for piercings, body art etc. But I do have this.

View attachment 1243

It's a very special song so beautiful and, well everything you just said. I'm not one for piercings, body art etc. But I do have this.

View attachment 1243
Wow, now that's dedication - I like it! =D

I remember reading in an interview about the lyrics, and I think Thom Yorke said that Michael Stipe had said to him, when feeling depressed, to close the curtains and tell yourself 'I'm not here, this isn't happening'. I think Thom Yorke went through the depression hell in the writing and recording of Kid A. That'll be why it's such an incredible album, to be frank. It's the case with so much music.

Wow, now that's dedication - I like it! =D

I remember reading in an interview about the lyrics, and I think Thom Yorke said that Michael Stipe had said to him, when feeling depressed, to close the curtains and tell yourself 'I'm not here, this isn't happening'. I think Thom Yorke went through the depression hell in the writing and recording of Kid A. That'll be why it's such an incredible album, to be frank. It's the case with so much music.
Thank you  :P  It goes beyond fan boy/man status. I had to go through a serious of unfortunate events in my early teens when Kid A came out. And I would use the sentence/sentiment  but adapted slightly as I was in hospital not on stage. Yeah Thom Yorke has bi-polar. He couldn't cope with the massive flux in fame after ok -computer, so he asked Stipe how he could do it night after night giving so much artistically. And that was his reply, to find the ability to emotionally detach yourself. If you haven't seen it you should watch the the documentary 'Meeting people is easy" it's an all access pass to their Ok Computer tour  filmed by Grant Gee. Very interesting and difficult watch as you can literally see Thom Yorke move closer and closer to an emotional breakdown and all the intertwined band politics that went with it.

Greatest album for me is definitely mood dependent. While I still like Abbey Road as my all time favorite. This bad boy can't be far behind!!! DSOTM UHQR. Bought it new in 1981 is or there abouts :)

View attachment 1246
I bloody love this for more than the 1981 edition DSOTM! That is a very beautiful vinyl player! Gorgeous.

OMG 

Music / lit / fashion = my gig :)

Everyone needs a "bloody Valentine" record

The 1st IAMX record (huge fan - fuck him each time he's here - glorious)  *<--not bragging rights but this is man is Bowie/ Nomi and Him (G-d like)

Pulp " this is hardcore"

Read: Patti Smith "just kids" 

I grew up in the Chelsea Hotel from late 70's till 2011 (at that point I was where I am now and sub-letted) till they gutted us!

This is by far my favorite thread *<3  ahhh the memories

^^^ Cool. I didn't realise many Americans had heard of Pulp - no offence intended. 

Different Class is a great album, and His and Hers isn't bad either.

Jarvis Cocker is a very clever lyricist.

Patti Smith is cool too, very ballsy.

Last edited by a moderator:
His n hers is the only pulp album I had, I went off them after that!  It's taking me back though, loved Suedes first 2 albums, 3rd was a little off kilter, but far more upbeat than dog man star, though I still love it. 

Thank you  :P  It goes beyond fan boy/man status. I had to go through a serious of unfortunate events in my early teens when Kid A came out. And I would use the sentence/sentiment  but adapted slightly as I was in hospital not on stage. Yeah Thom Yorke has bi-polar. He couldn't cope with the massive flux in fame after ok -computer, so he asked Stipe how he could do it night after night giving so much artistically. And that was his reply, to find the ability to emotionally detach yourself. If you haven't seen it you should watch the the documentary 'Meeting people is easy" it's an all access pass to their Ok Computer tour  filmed by Grant Gee. Very interesting and difficult watch as you can literally see Thom Yorke move closer and closer to an emotional breakdown and all the intertwined band politics that went with it.

I bloody love this for more than the 1981 edition DSOTM! That is a very beautiful vinyl player! Gorgeous.
That's one I haven't seen, I'll have to look into it, although I did buy the DVD 'The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time' when it came out in 2004 I think, a collection of short clips set to (mostly) music from Hail to the Thief. Dear God, I've never seen such bizzare clips..!

Thanks. She's my baby. My wife says i pay more attention to it than I do to her.. But then she can't play Led Zeppelin II :)

Hello All, 

I had to jump in here as I love music! I may be dating myself here however my favorite band and album is "Depeche Mode" "Violator" Oh yeaaa I will love this band forever. I hope in the afterlife they will do gigs hahaha I know that was a bit gothic I just love this band ha! Seen them three times live and they were incredible. :)

Best,

P

My favorites areDylan's "Blood on the Tracks" and Rolling Stones :Sticky Fingers," and Pink Floyd"The Wall"
"Blood on the Tracks"  One of his best.

Steve Earle--"Copperhead Road"

SheratonG

Fine Young Cannibals--"The Raw and the Cooked"

SheratonG

I couldn't get into either pulp or suede. I loved Placebo though, not an all time great band/album but Black Market Music is one hell of a comedown album. And Brain Mal all eyeliner and asexuality was rebellious to a younger moi. Also if you get the japanese version you get a David Bowie cover of 'without you I'm nothing' 

Tom waits - Rainy dogs. Sumptuous 

My Bloody Valantine - Loveless. There best by far (country mile) 

Primal Scream - Screamadelica 

The Magnetic Fields - 69 love songs. 

Thats this weeks shuffle and some more favs.

@runnerlk I went more retro (bulky!) but you have wireless speakers you can dot around the house so I can listen anywhere. Also you can burn your old CD to vynl which means they can be put to better use, like in the bin. 

View attachment 1248

I couldn't get into either pulp or suede. I loved Placebo though, not an all time great band/album but Black Market Music is one hell of a comedown album. And Brain Mal all eyeliner and asexuality was rebellious to a younger moi. Also if you get the japanese version you get a David Bowie cover of 'without you I'm nothing' 

Tom waits - Rainy dogs. Sumptuous 

My Bloody Valantine - Loveless. There best by far (country mile) 

Primal Scream - Screamadelica 

The Magnetic Fields - 69 love songs. 

Thats this weeks shuffle and some more favs.

@runnerlk I went more retro (bulky!) but you have wireless speakers you can dot around the house so I can listen anywhere. Also you can burn your old CD to vynl which means they can be put to better use, like in the bin. 

View attachment 1248
Hey @Hammerblowvery nice indeed. I should get one and rip my vinyl to digital, I could make one kick ass playlist for the gym ;).

But for now I must steal away to my man cave and listen to some Floyd.

View attachment 1251

View attachment 1250

came in when I saw the photos on the homepage (incredible listening set-up runnerlk, I would love to have a geeked out discussion over your amps anytime)...

Massive Radiohead fan here and one who is very pumped about the new album.

going to catch them at Madison Square Garden this July and I am stoked beyond words about it.

Very glad to learn others around here have great taste.

Edit: Totally thought this just was a thread about A Moon Shaped Pool. Oops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back