Best Ever Album?

came in when I saw the photos on the homepage (incredible listening set-up runnerlk, I would love to have a geeked out discussion over your amps anytime)...

Massive Radiohead fan here and one who is very pumped about the new album.

going to catch them at Madison Square Garden this July and I am stoked beyond words about it.

Very glad to learn others around here have great taste.

Edit: Totally thought this just was a thread about A Moon Shaped Pool. Oops.
Radiohead forever! =) Always have been a massive fan. I saw them in Blackpool back in 2006. Sadly the evening was ruined by me being left to fend for myself on a Saturday night in Blackpool since someone forgot to pick me up, was horrible. Saturday night, obviously...

But I remember when they started the concert with Everything in its Right Place. What a moment. <3

About their new album, I got an e-mail about it the other day, only listened to one song for now, didn't take me at first. But as you know, the beauty of Radiohead is it slowly grows on you and the intricacies reveal themselves. What's putting me off is 'The King of Limbs'. I tried, but it just wasn't for me...it felt electronic, but not in a good Kid A sort of way...it just felt glitchy and too sparse... felt like a let down (Ok computer reference!) after the brilliance of In Rainbows. Have you heard any other of the new songs from A Moon Shaped Pool? I've heard it involves a lot of strings.

Radiohead forever! =) Always have been a massive fan. I saw them in Blackpool back in 2006. Sadly the evening was ruined by me being left to fend for myself on a Saturday night in Blackpool since someone forgot to pick me up, was horrible. Saturday night, obviously...

But I remember when they started the concert with Everything in its Right Place. What a moment. <3

About their new album, I got an e-mail about it the other day, only listened to one song for now, didn't take me at first. But as you know, the beauty of Radiohead is it slowly grows on you and the intricacies reveal themselves. What's putting me off is 'The King of Limbs'. I tried, but it just wasn't for me...it felt electronic, but not in a good Kid A sort of way...it just felt glitchy and too sparse... felt like a let down (Ok computer reference!) after the brilliance of In Rainbows. Have you heard any other of the new songs from A Moon Shaped Pool? I've heard it involves a lot of strings.
We should probably get this back to best album although I could talk about Radiohead all day every day. They are the greatest band to dawn this planet and have argueblt 2-3 top ten best ever. Ok computer, the bends and kid A. Blackpool on a Saturday evening sounds terrifying. I saw them the same year but at meadow bank stadium (Edinburgh) Beck supported them I would've went alone just to see him. And Deerhoof. They opened with Airbag and finished with creep..CREEP!! The novelty was hilarious. It was also the second time I'd seen them play True love waits but it was all synths and not nearly as beautiful as just acoustic. I've not heard any of A Moon Shaped pool I've preordered the vinyl so I'll wait until the 17th. I don't know how I'll wait but I'll find a way. I go on holiday so it'll be there on my return

@runnerlk Have you listened to Jimi Hendrix Live at Berkeley from 1970?  Best rendition of Machine Gun I have ever heard.....You can close your eyes and actually see the carnage as described by Jimi's lyrics.....You can see flames shooting out his guitar like they were tracers from an M-16.   Its brilliant, amazing and heartbreaking all at the same time....

I am not a huge jazz guy....but my view definitely changes on my mood...I was listening to Rage Against the Machine yesterday and I thought dayum....this could be my best album ever....nope just for yesterday!!!  I really dig this thread as love music and I love seeing what people listen too....crazy diverse!!!
Thought I would do a little comparison since I hadn't listened to the Berkely set in a while and @aintnouseI think for today I'm siding with you on my favorite rendition of Machine Gun Berkely is the BOMB. May feel different tomorrow but for now rockin Berekly

View attachment 1275

View attachment 1274

I had to throw in on this....

mothers of invention- freak out! ( Frank zappas first band)

The band- music from big pink

The flying burrito brothers- gilded palace of sin

Cream- disraeli gears

Sly and the family stone- fresh

Radiohead- hail to the thief 

Yes - close to the edge

Constants - the murder of Tom fitzgerril  ( look it up)

Iggy pop -lust for life

Elvis costello- my aim is true

Lou reed- berlin

Lots of good albums....but one of the best (and history will back me up) in by Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"

How could I leave out Physical Graffiti?  I think it is my favorite Led Zeppelin album followed closely by Presence which is seriously underrated.....

The album has it all.....Kashmir?  Perhaps one of the greatest songs of all time to the incredible power ballad of "Ten Years Gone"  I think the album has everything a music lover could want.   I was listening to it yesterday while driving around and it brought back so many memories.   Thats one of the reasons I love music so much. I can remember specific times and activities when certain songs are on....Of course some memories are a bit foggy but they are there :)  

How could I leave out Physical Graffiti?  I think it is my favorite Led Zeppelin album followed closely by Presence which is seriously underrated.....

The album has it all.....Kashmir?  Perhaps one of the greatest songs of all time to the incredible power ballad of "Ten Years Gone"  I think the album has everything a music lover could want.   I was listening to it yesterday while driving around and it brought back so many memories.   Thats one of the reasons I love music so much. I can remember specific times and activities when certain songs are on....Of course some memories are a bit foggy but they are there :)  
Love all of the Zep albums, I've got a copy of LZII that is the rare Hot Mix that was quickly taken off the market because cheap turntables and amps couldn't handle the mix Robert Ludwig did.

I'm sitting here tho listening to Abbey Road and remembering the first time I listened to the side 2 medley including "The End" and being blown away. What a fitting end to what is in my mind the greatest rock band ever. While Let It Be was released later, it's widely known that it was recorded earlier. An original UK pressing without Her Magesty on the cover to keep the queen happy ;)

View attachment 1309

@runnerlkmy ex husband loves you're stereo system. His mother just died and left him a nice amount of money in her will. He's looking into getting an MBL stereo from Germany. I think it's like $50,000. I swear boys and their toys. But he says he'd rather have a great stereo than a hot car. And I have to go along with most people. Love Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, but what about the Rolling Stones?

Thanks @Heavenleemy audio is a labor of love. I started building it over 30 years ago when I got out of college. I like the Stones don't love em, but who doesn't like Mick and Keith.

I've got probably 2000 albums and maybe 3 Stones.

MBL are wayyyyyyy out of my league but damn I'd love to hear it. Maybe once my daughter gets through college ;)

I showed him yours because I think it's perfect. Is beautiful. Believe me I never even heard of MBL stereos and I think it's totally insane to spend even $2000. On a stereo. But I think it's a far better choice. I think he would regret it later spending so much. It's only because his mother died and left him a nice inheritance. His great grandfather was Barney Kroger, the grocery store guy, there's no one left to carry the name so all the money went to him and his sister. I'm like you, I haven't spent my share in my divorce except on my sons college tuition. Oh, and buying a new house but nothing fancy. I have found that there's a horrible downside to inheriting money. I can count my friends on one hand yet my phone gets at least ten texts messages a day from "friends who will die if I don't give them money" sorry I'm getting off subject. I thought money would make my life better all its done is created stress,! anyways it is beautiful and 2,000 albums is impressive, vinyls are the shit! I envy you and I can see how your wife sees it. I guess she has to share, I don't see your stereo going anywhere.

@HeavenleeGettin a bit of topic indeed :) but when I was married my wife had nothing to do with my audiophile endeavors. I'll pm you and we can discuss further.

I'd love to hear from you, been a little while since we have talked! Please pm me would love to chat! Sorry mods for getting off topic! Today I was listening to Janes Addiction, live that band, brought back so many memories, good and bad. But that's what music does, it makes you feel. My favorite morning album is Bob Marley legend. Gets me in a happy mood!

@Heavenlee I freakin love Janes Addiction....especially Triple X the live album.  Perry Farrell is unbelievable.   I love the version of Sympathy for the Devil and Rock n Roll.  One percent really kicks ass two.   I am late to the Janes boat and I always wanted to see them live but I have not had the chance.   Nothings Shocking is pretty killer as well.  I think "Ted Just admit It' might be my favorite Janes song of all time.  Loving this thread and seeing what people like listening too.....

Geez seems like I must get my daughter's iPhone and song play list because some of the songs, bands and musicians I've never heard of :(

Grew up in the  early 70's so I'm either locked in a time warp or was too busy with work, family and extracurricular activities . Anyway, gonna hit my local record shop and see what I can find.

Yes @aintnouseI agree great thread love your avatar...Zep is one of my rock faves. Well at least that's what I'm thinking yours says. ;)

@runnerlk Based on everything Ive read that you posted, you would totally dig Janes....give em a shot and let me know what you think!!  I grew up in the 80's so I kinda know where you are coming from.

I love Zep....greatest rock and roll band ever!

@runnerlk Based on everything Ive read that you posted, you would totally dig Janes....give em a shot and let me know what you think!!  I grew up in the 80's so I kinda know where you are coming from.

I love Zep....greatest rock and roll band ever!
@aintnouseI will be ordering some vinyl in the next few days so I think I'll have to check out Jane's Addiction but so far doesn't seem to be much offered on vinyl so I may have to slum it and get an argggg digital recording ;)

@runnerlk I would be surprised if they have anything on Vinyl.   They are definitely of the cd generation!  I imagine nowadays they are re-pressing a lot of stuff they never pressed but I would be surprised if you found some Janes!   I would get the live album....it goes by a variety of names....Janes Addiction live, xxx and a couple of others.  I would also get "Nothings Shocking" I really dig that album.   "Ritual De lo Habitual" is pretty good but I prefer the the first two I mentioned.  If you are still  in the buying mood and you want some good rock, check out THe Cult.  Their album "Electric" is pretty damn good.  Its uncomplicated, straight forward Rock.   Enjoy listening!  Im going to listen to "The Allman Bros"  Fillmore double live in a little bit.   I love "WHipping Post" and "Elizabeth Reed"!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Found a photo!

View attachment 1339

@aintnouse, very nice selection of Janes Addicctio, my two favorite albums also. You seem from my time period, have you or anyone else added The Pixies or Sonic Youth? And don't forget New Kids on the Block and Backstreer Boys! I hope you know I'm joking about the last two, but if you like them I'm sorry I offended you. There's a song out by Bear Hands, if anyone listens to alternative music. I can't get it out of my head because it reminds me of my dad so much. It's called "Nothing Good Happens After 2:00 AM" my dad said that to me everytime I went out as a teenager! Oh yeh. One more Dinosaur Jr. J Mascis is a genius 

Oh, and the best Radiohead album between OK Computer and Kid A is Ok Computer, why may you ask? Because I say so!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back