Celebrity Death that Affected You the Most?

ElectroNymph

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
I'm no fan of modern 'celebrity', reality or otherwise. Except for people like Will Self or Judi Dench who have genuine talent. 

Bowie's death affected me the most. Such an intelligent, innovative and genuinely nice guy. I didn't realise how much he meant to me until he was gone. 

Ain't it always the way?

i just want them to get david attenbourgh bad spellin sorry, an hide him an keep him safe from the 2016 curse lol i duno what id do without his new stuff to watch when feeling like shite, his voice is calming an he is so so clever

i just want them to get david attenbourgh bad spellin sorry, an hide him an keep him safe from the 2016 curse lol i duno what id do without his new stuff to watch when feeling like shite, his voice is calming an he is so so clever
Attenborough is a lovely man, and so knowledgeable as you say. I was fascinated by his interview with Björk, as they are both incredibly clever in very different ways!

Attenborough is a lovely man, and so knowledgeable as you say. I was fascinated by his interview with Björk, as they are both incredibly clever in very different ways!
soothing voice hasnt he. i havent seen that i must have to have a look out for it.

thanks sounds interesting 

Bowie's death affected me the most. Such an intelligent, innovative and genuinely nice guy.
Completely agree with this. Also agree that i don't like this whole celebrity culture thing. People like Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and Tila Tequila who are famous for being famous are to me the most pointless people in the world.

The death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman also hit me very hard. He was my favourite actor for many years since Happiness and Magnolia. Not all his movies have been classics, but, he has never done a bad role.

I was deeply affected by Johnny Cash's death as well, but i suppose since everyone suspected it wouldn't be long before he died, it didn't shock me the way Hoffman and Bowie's death did. If people weren't aware before Cash's Nine Inch Nails' Hurt cover they certainly were after. Trent Reznor himself said he was apprehensive about a cover of a song about his drug abuse that was so deeply personal to him, but after he saw it with the video and saw Johnny Cash had turned his song into and equally personal song about mortality he stated that he actually preferred Cash's version to his own.

Completely agree with this. Also agree that i don't like this whole celebrity culture thing. People like Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and Tila Tequila who are famous for being famous are to me the most pointless people in the world.

The death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman also hit me very hard. He was my favourite actor for many years since Happiness and Magnolia. Not all his movies have been classics, but, he has never done a bad role.

I was deeply affected by Johnny Cash's death as well, but i suppose since everyone suspected it wouldn't be long before he died, it didn't shock me the way Hoffman and Bowie's death did. If people weren't aware before Cash's Nine Inch Nails' Hurt cover they certainly were after. Trent Reznor himself said he was apprehensive about a cover of a song about his drug abuse that was so deeply personal to him, but after he saw it with the video and saw Johnny Cash had turned his song into and equally personal song about mortality he stated that he actually preferred Cash's version to his own.
Oh yes, Cash's version of "Hurt" used to make me cry. Such genuine emotion. 

People were devestated by Michael Jackson's death and it was sad. However, unlike Bowie, he didn't write his own music or influence the likes of R.E.M.The Pixies, Nirvana, Portishead - plus, nearly every great alternative artist ever!

Prince was more talented in my opinion than MJ. He danced, wrote and was an excellent guitarist. Jackson was a great dancer though. 

Crap seems to rise to the top, be it music (Miley Cyrus), films,  (Hangover Trilogy) or books (The Da Vinci Code).

Last edited by a moderator:
 I agree with you guys about David Bowie @ElectroNymph he was like a god to me! and @dotcomkotr,  @Jellopanda Johhy Cash. And Phillip Seymour Hoffman was bad as well.It seems like I'm saddened by any drug related deaths that I way before their time, I guess being a former junke it hits me hard. Heath Ledger, Amy Whinehouse, I'm still sad about her, just was listening to her yesterday, I sang that to the judge before I went to jail,   I don't want to go out to rehab, then the hammmer went down, 9 months! Ouch! Prince was horrible as well, you don't realize how much of a creative genius people are until they are gone. Curt Cobain, now I'm really showing my age, but that was the worst for me. Oh Bradley Nowell from Sublime heroin overdose.Shannon Hoon Blind Melon drug overdose and And STP's Scott Weiland. I'm sure I missed a bunch of others but it's sad for me when musicians make a tiny stamp on music and change music and we only get a little of them, some we didn't get  a lot of them before they were taken from us by drugs or something drug related. @ElectroNymphI feel horrible Dame Judy Dench is dead! I loved her as a actress, I must have missed her. Death due to my own addiction problems. There's periods od pure lucidness and tiny parts of pure insanity due to my own addiction. I sometimes think why are they all gone and I'm still here! Bun thank goodness I'm still here today!

I agree with you guys about David Bowie @ElectroNymph he was like a god to me! and @dotcomkotr,  @Jellopanda Johhy Cash. And Phillip Seymour Hoffman was bad as well.It seems like I'm saddened by any drug related deaths that I way before their time, I guess being a former junke it hits me hard. Heath Ledger, Amy Whinehouse, I'm still sad about her, just was listening to her yesterday, I sang that to the judge before I went to jail,   I don't want to go out to rehab, then the hammmer went down, 9 months! Ouch! Prince was horrible as well, you don't realize how much of a creative genius people are until they are gone. Curt Cobain, now I'm really showing my age, but that was the worst for me. Oh Bradley Nowell from Sublime heroin overdose.Shannon Hoon Blind Melon drug overdose and And STP's Scott Weiland. I'm sure I missed a bunch of others but it's sad for me when musicians make a tiny stamp on music and change music and we only get a little of them, some we didn't get  a lot of them before they were taken from us by drugs or something drug related. @ElectroNymphI feel horrible Dame Judy Dench is dead! I loved her as a actress, I must have missed her. Death due to my own addiction problems. There's periods od pure lucidness and tiny parts of pure insanity due to my own addiction. I sometimes think why are they all gone and I'm still here! Bun thank goodness I'm still here today!
Oh no, Judi Dench isn't dead, though she is losing her sight. Just an example of someone that I admire. Will Self is a successful surrealist writer. 

I agree though, so many great talents lost through addiction: and that dreaded age "27".

Judi Dench is still with us ! I know this has been commented on but i just had to say it too lol! Personally I felt heath ledger and Amy winehouse were the worst deaths.....Amy winehouse especially. So much talent and promise just .....

Oh and Colin Vearncombe 

Judi Dench is still with us ! I know this has been commented on but i just had to say it too lol! Personally I felt heath ledger and Amy winehouse were the worst deaths.....Amy winehouse especially. So much talent and promise just .....

Oh and Colin Vearncombe 
I guess it partially depends on individual taste and the decade that meant the most to you. I was born in 1980, but love 70's music, apart from the crappy stuff. Still, you get that in every decade.

I was born in 1980, but love 70's music, apart from the crappy stuff. Still, you get that in every decade.
I really love 70's music as well. Emerson, Lake and Palmer, King Crimson, Yes, Jethro Tull. Prog-rock is an aquired taste, but there's also Cream, Led Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye, Queen, Stevie Wonder, John Lennon, David Bowie, Herbie Hancock, Bob Marley, Iggy Pop... gotta stop myself there. i could go on forever, oh wait, gotta mention Lou Reed as well.

@ElectroNymph really love your nickname. Makes me picture you as a lithe, hot 80's chick with a turquoise mohawk in a tight leather body with neon tubes

I really love 70's music as well. Emerson, Lake and Palmer, King Crimson, Yes, Jethro Tull. Prog-rock is an aquired taste, but there's also Cream, Led Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye, Queen, Stevie Wonder, John Lennon, David Bowie, Herbie Hancock, Bob Marley, Iggy Pop... gotta stop myself there. i could go on forever, oh wait, gotta mention Lou Reed as well.

@ElectroNymph really love your nickname. Makes me picture you as a lithe, hot 80's chick with a turquoise mohawk in a tight leather body with neon tubes
Bowie helped to resurrect Iggy's solo career and produced the seminal "Transformer" for Lou Reed. Also sang Backing vocals on "Satellite of Love". "Fame" was a joint venture between Bowie and Lennon. 

Sorry, HUGE Bowie fan. Such a loss. I like your list btw.

And thanks, someone said they liked my name the other day. I'm jusy a normal person with a pair of Blue Vans® and an Aladdin Sane t-shirt!

Bowie helped to resurrect Iggy's solo career and produced the seminal "Transformer" for Lou Reed. Also sang Backing vocals on "Satellite of Love". "Fame" was a joint venture between Bowie and Lennon. 

Sorry, HUGE Bowie fan. Such a loss. I like your list btw.

And thanks, someone said they liked my name the other day. I'm just a normal person with a pair of Blue Vans® and an Aladdin Sane t-shirt!

HUGE Bowie fan. Such a loss. I like your list btw.
I have every single Bowie album ever made. Should have mentioned him in that thread about best concerts you've been to. I was at an indoor arena type of place called Oslo Spektrum in Norway. right at the front, like three feet away from him. Was right after 1. Outside was released, one of my favourite albums of his. With that album he just showed an entirely new side of his genius. He wasn't old, he wasn't making 70's or 80's music, he was making music that felt fresher and newer than everyone else. Anyway it was an experience i'll never forget.

I have every single Bowie album ever made. Should have mentioned him in that thread about best concerts you've been to. I was at an indoor arena type of place called Oslo Spektrum in Norway. right at the front, like three feet away from him. Was right after 1. Outside was released, one of my favourite albums of his. With that album he just showed an entirely new side of his genius. He wasn't old, he wasn't making 70's or 80's music, he was making music that felt fresher and newer than everyone else. Anyway it was an experience i'll never forget.
So jealous! Never got to see him, and he stopped touring in my early twenties. 

Bet it was a great experience. He was sexy and sprightly even in his 50's! 

Celebrity deaths are a weird thing....I can only think of a couple that really bothered and I get sad when I think about them today, still.     

Michael  Hutchence from Inxs    Inxs was the first concert I ever attended and I was mesmerized by him.   I am 100% straight male but that dude had some serious sex appeal.  They put on one helluva a show for a pop band and I was really bummed when he died.  Maybe its because of the memories (or lack thereof) surrounding the whole night or the time period in my life but I get sad to this day when I think about him.   Just goes to show when you are trying to auto-erotic asphyxiate yourself make sure someone else is in the room!

Jerry Garcia....I remember exactly where I was the day he died.  I was driving and I had to pull my car over because I was so upset.  I was planning on the seeing the Grateful Dead for summer tour that year and I was floored at his passing.  I have been to prolly 50 dead shows and saw Jerry just three months before he died and I still get upset when I hear certain songs.....Sugaree, Althea,.....

I am sure there are more but those are the first to come to mind......

I was more stunned when Bowie and Prince died....I dig their music but I am not a huge fan.....

Celebrity deaths are a weird thing....I can only think of a couple that really bothered and I get sad when I think about them today, still.     

Michael  Hutchence from Inxs    Inxs was the first concert I ever attended and I was mesmerized by him.   I am 100% straight male but that dude had some serious sex appeal.  They put on one helluva a show for a pop band and I was really bummed when he died.  Maybe its because of the memories (or lack thereof) surrounding the whole night or the time period in my life but I get sad to this day when I think about him.   Just goes to show when you are trying to auto-erotic asphyxiate yourself make sure someone else is in the room!

Jerry Garcia....I remember exactly where I was the day he died.  I was driving and I had to pull my car over because I was so upset.  I was planning on the seeing the Grateful Dead for summer tour that year and I was floored at his passing.  I have been to prolly 50 dead shows and saw Jerry just three months before he died and I still get upset when I hear certain songs.....Sugaree, Althea,.....

I am sure there are more but those are the first to come to mind......

I was more stunned when Bowie and Prince died....I dig their music but I am not a huge fan.....
Was never an INXS fan, but we all have people who we admire, and individual tastes - otherwise the world would be so dull! 

I don't know much about Jerry Garcia, except that he was very influential, and have often seen The Grateful Dead referred to in glowing terms. Certainly an important band. I should give them a shot. :)

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back