Celebrity Death that Affected You the Most?

I am 100% straight male but that dude had some serious sex appeal.
I'm off-topic and I know i'm in danger of offending people here, particularly men, as they tend to be the most sensitive about this kinda thing, but i believe there's very few people that are 100% straight. Maybe very close to 100%, but imo few people score a full 0 or 6 on the Kinsey scale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale. I think i'm pretty close to a zero myself, but not all the way. I'm not gonna dispute your claim tho, but that comment about serious sex appeal could indicate you're 99,999999999% straight ;)

I'm off-topic and I know i'm in danger of offending people here, particularly men, as they tend to be the most sensitive about this kinda thing, but i believe there's very few people that are 100% straight. Maybe very close to 100%, but imo few people score a full 0 or 6 on the Kinsey scale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale. I think i'm pretty close to a zero myself, but not all the way. I'm not gonna dispute your claim tho, but that comment about serious sex appeal could indicate you're 99,999999999% straight ;)
As a bi woman, I rate myself a 4. Slighty preferring women. However, there are times when I have felt practically straight. Sexuality is a complex thing.

There are times when i think it would be better to be bi simply because of more options, but as i understand it that comes with it's own complications.

I'm allowing myself to go off-topic here btw since this is more of a casual part of the forum. Hope that's ok

Last edited by a moderator:
As a bi woman, I rate myself a 4. Slighty preferring women. However, there are times when I have felt practically straight. Sexuality is a complex thing.
I'm about a 2. I gravitate towards males. But have had girlfriends in the past.

I'm about a 2. I gravitate towards males. But have had girlfriends in the past.
Run out of likes. Such a pain... To bring the subject slighty back to the original topic - I wonder if a person's sexuality has led to an early death, through excessive drug use etc. 

It's proven that homosexual relationship's have more violence, and that has been my own experience, sadly. Plus, many people can't cope with their own conflicted feelings which makes addiction more likely.

Nikolas said:
  Phillip Seymour Hoffman . He's death had impact on me . I still dont believe he is gone . I see cold mounten and Truman Capote and I feel sad that all his great talent  not with us anymore. 
If you haven't seen it, watch Happiness by Todd Solodnz. It's a severely depressing and hard film to watch, but i think it's Seymour's greatest performance, and profoundly moving. But in addition to the films you mentioned, Magnolia, The Talented Mister Ripley, Synecdoche, New York and The Master are all superb performances.

Hoffman on acting:  "that deep kind of love comes at a price: for me, acting is torturous, and it's torturous because you know it's a beautiful thing ... Wanting it is easy, but trying to be great – well, that's absolutely torturous."

many people can't cope with their own conflicted feelings which makes addiction more likely.
I think that while society is becoming more accepting of different kinds of sexuality, the prejudice and sometimes outright hatred of people who are different is part of the reason people are conflicted and resort to substance abuse. The good news, to be somewhat macabre, is that the most prejudiced and intolerant people tend to be older (tho certainly not always) and are slowly dying off ;)

Edit: my great aunt who was more like a grandmother to me, but has sadly passed, was a very liberal kind of woman. She shocked me once when she was 88 years old and told me she had sexually experimented with women several times. So let it be clear that i'm not ageist.

I think that while society is becoming more accepting of different kinds of sexuality, the prejudice and sometimes outright hatred of people who are different is part of the reason people are conflicted and resort to substance abuse. The good news, to be somewhat macabre, is that the most prejudiced and intolerant people tend to be older (tho certainly not always) and are slowly dying off ;)
Natural selection 

evolution

I agree with you regarding more acceptance - even Catholic Ireland voted for gay marriage.

However, in the early 2000's I was abused by a large queue of young, straight people waiting to enter a club (In a gay district) so prejudice doesn't always have an age range. 

Some people are just dicks... 

Signing off for now. Have lager to drink and Ladytron to listen to. ?

Though I disagreed with a lot of his politics, the death of Christopher Hitchens was a palpable and personal loss.  Even in areas where I disagreed with him, I always came away from his discussions feeling slightly less ridiculously naïve about world affairs.  Before I'd heard of Hitchens and despite my having been a lifelong nonbeliever, I lacked the courage to simply say the word "atheist" out loud and for that alone I'll always be grateful to him. 

As mentioned previously in the Best Album Ever thread, the loss of hometown boy Stevie Ray Vaughan a whopping quarter-century ago was such a cruelty that even to this day I still get weepy over his death.

Being a child of the late 60s, I would have to say Lennon by far had the most profound effect on me. For nearly 25 years after I wore an arm band on December 8th. Also, Bonham from Zep and most recently Eagles Glenn Frey. Mr Frey really caught me off guard as that was the last band I saw live and didn't know he was ill.

the death of Christopher Hitchens was a palpable and personal loss
To my shame i forgot about his death when the subject was brought up. His death hit me really hard. To loose such a great intellect felt like a loss not just for me, but imo the entire world. As you mentioned i didn't always agree with his politics, especially his view of force being the only solution to militant islam (i'm more of a Gandhi kinda guy, violence has never solved anything, at best just postponed the problem), but his views were always so well-founded, reasoned, educated and superbly argued that they were always worth listening to. I agreed with pretty much everything he had to say about atheism and religion tho.

One other thing that was amazing to me btw, was that he functioned at such a high level while being an alcoholic. I have been that too (don't agree with AA's philosophy: once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic), but i was basically useless for anything while drunk. But i guess everyone's different. Winston Churchill got Great Britain through WW2 on no sleep and two bottles of scotch every day.

@ElectroNymph really love your nickname. Makes me picture you as a lithe, hot 80's chick with a turquoise mohawk in a tight leather body with neon tubes
@ElectroNymphI know it turns me on to! Same with @sociopathicbombshell You said your out of people in the U.K. Right, there's plenty of gorgeous babes and men also here in the USA! Oh my god, I knew we would hit if off, I love David Bowie. I was so happy when American Horror Story Freak Show used his music in the show! I was lucky to see him here in the states a few times, I swear it must have been 20 years ago because I was in college. He's one of the greatest for sure! 

@Jellopanda that's funny I loved your description of @ElectroNymph I kind of pictured the same thing!

@Heavenlee, fixed it, relax ! 

On topic, I don't think any celebrity death has ever affected me much, personal loss is so much more important to me. 

Thanks @PTFC I have to agree with you in a sense that personal losses are so much harder. I think it's for me that some of the celebrities, actually for me it's the musicians were taken way before there time and I wonder what more incredible songs they could have come out with before taken away from us suddenly!

Ok, I feel like an idiot! I have no idea how I posted the same thing four times, but is swear I'm sober other than prescribed drugs, and weed is legal here. I'm so sorry. It just kept loading because the internet sucks and I must of kept hitting submit reply. I did report my post, so I won't take up all the space.  Never mind @PTFC to the rescue as always! Thank you! So ? sorry, but anyways, great people I forgot! @runnerlkI miss you dude, keep missing you. I see your post literally minutes after you log off. Hope all is well and your man cave with your kickin ass stereo and keeping you happy. 

I always loved:

and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make

what beautiful wor

@runnerlk that quote you have  And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make, i believe to be a universal truth. Btw, when listening to Abbey Road i always wait those eighteen seconds for that last ditty, clearly written by John Lennon (tho they always say Lennon/McCartney)

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girlBut she doesn't have a lot to sayHer Majesty's a pretty nice girlBut she changes from day to dayI want to tell her that I love her a lotBut I gotta get a bellyful of wineHer Majesty's a pretty nice girlSomeday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeahSomeday I'm going to make her mine

@PTFC Not sure anyone would disagree with what you said. The people we love the most are always the ones closest to us. Not sure of that makes the world better or worse, but it's a fact of life, so maybe it's pointless to ask that question

I think it makes it better @Jellopanda! To love, and be loved, is amazing! But we can all do our bit to make our own world better, (or worse!) if we wish I suppose. 

@Heavenlee, it happens sometimes, relax girl!! ? 

I think it makes it better @Jellopanda! To love, and be loved, is amazing! But we can all do our bit to make our own world better, (or worse!) if we wish I suppose. 

@Heavenlee, it happens sometimes, relax girl!! ? 
I agree with you, but i guess what i was asking is that if we had a little more love for people we didn't know maybe the world would be better. That i'm waxing philosophical is usually a sign that it's time for bed. Just have a hard time going to bed when i feel good as it's somewhat rare.

I agree with you, but i guess what i was asking is that if we had a little more love for people we didn't know maybe the world would be better. That i'm waxing philosophical is usually a sign that it's time for bed. Just have a hard time going to bed when i feel good as it's somewhat rare.
Don't get me wrong,  I don't not care about celebrities passing away, just that it takes a distant second to personal bereavements. I agree though, a little more love for others is a good thing, or kindness, generosity of spirit, or whatever you want to call it is a wonderful thing too! God natt kamerat, sov godt! ? 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back