Clonazepam Withdrawal

Lemon Muffin

I chose a lucid moment to write this, because I wanted to let you all know what was going on and explain why I would not be as active until I am feeling better.

As many former PR members know, my doctor had recently discussed taking me off Clonazepam. Due to a miscommunication between my doctor's office and the pharmacy, it took so long for my refill that I started showing withdrawal symptoms. When my doctor saw how addicted my body was to the drug, she insisted that I discontinue it immediately. She is switching me to Buspirone, which will do nothing to help me through this because it is not in the same class as most anti-anxiety medications. Instead, she told me to just take more lorazepam (Ativan) until it subsides.

I have an amazing support system. My family is taking wonderful care of me. My sister-in-law even sent me a couple Xanax. So please do not worry. I will get through this. It is just really difficult right now.

Thank you, to everyone who took the time to read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. You were on Clonazepam AND Ativan? You will be in my thoughts. Hang tough!

Clonazep@m WD is tough, really tough. Tried it a few times, but didn't succeed. With enough desire and will power, I believe I (you) could do it. Just in my case, why bother? There's a hell of a lot worse things out there.

Wow, so sorry to hear about this! /default_sad.png  Benzo withdrawal is tough and can be dangerous. Honestly, your doctor sounds like he doesn't have much experience with this. He should at least set up a taper schedule. Does he not realize your withdrawal is never going to "subside" by continuing to take ativan?

anyway, I'm really sorry! That's why many of us are here- because of doctors who cut us off or are undermedicating us. I'm glad you have a good support system and I'll be thinking of you!

I chose a lucid moment to write this, because I wanted to let you all know what was going on and explain why I would not be as active until I am feeling better.

As many former PR members know, my doctor had recently discussed taking me off Clonazepam. Due to a miscommunication between my doctor's office and the pharmacy, it took so long for my refill that I started showing withdrawal symptoms. When my doctor saw how addicted my body was to the drug, she insisted that I discontinue it immediately. She is switching me to Buspirone, which will do nothing to help me through this because it is not in the same class as most anti-anxiety medications. Instead, she told me to just take more lorazepam (Ativan) until it subsides.

I have an amazing support system. My family is taking wonderful care of me. My sister-in-law even sent me a couple Xanax. So please do not worry. I will get through this. It is just really difficult right now.

Good luck Lemon! Will keep you in my thoughts. Remember, it will get better.

Thinking of you Lemon Muffin. Hang in there! Sending positive vibes your way. 

Good luck Muffin! I too am experiencing Colnazepam withdrawal... I have finally decided that it's not an addiction I need anymore... So I am 4 weeks into a taper... Unfortunately mine is a non-prescribed habit, so no help from the docs here...

However, It amazes me that your doctor, even though recognising your withdrawal symptoms, has not tried to taper you off!?!! No wonder we all have to go the iop route!??

My thoughts are with you :-)

I'll be thinking about you Lemon!

I've read that benzo withdrawl is not the easiest but hopefully every day it will get a little easier for you. 

Your doctor should have to experience withdrawl one time. I bet she might rethink kicking someone off of a medication like that. Sorry she did that to you. 

Check in when you can and let us know how you're doing. You'll be okay, I'm sure. 

LM, that Buspiron is shit it's not even a benzo not that you need another one. I took it for anxiety and it made me dizzy, that's it.

If you can try to take the Ativan but wait longer and longer between dosages. Then you can tell if the WD's are subsiding.

Good luck, I've been there and your support system should really help. Try to do anything that will distract your thoughts - talking, watching tv, music...

My morning dose just kicked in, so I figured I would check in. Thank you, all, for your thoughts and well wishes.

In my more lucid moments, it is still uncomfortable, but relatively manageable. The rest of the time, I am usually either a zombie or an emotional wreck. I feel like I am crawling in my skin, sick to my stomach, in pain, paranoid, and sometimes I am quite certain that I am going crazy. I have seen things out of the corner of my eye that aren't there. There are other little things, but I feel really drained right now.

CatintheHat: The dual-prescriptions were from my old doctor. The Clonazepam was twice a day for my general anxiety. I only used my lorazepam (Ativan) for panic attacks, so that's what she meant by using it more often than I normally would to help me through this.

Snowblower: I know this sounds so cliché, but I didn't realize it would be this bad.

Cherry: She did not understand why my old doctor put me on both in the first place. When she said she wanted to take me off the clonazepam, I resisted because it has been the best medication for my general anxiety. I did not realize how much it was impacting my body until now. Honestly, part of me wants to continue on it because it was working, but I know I would have to come off it sometime and I would be right back here.

Headbanger: I am trying not to take too much, even though I sometimes just want to down a bunch when it's at its worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lemon, i know whT you mean about just wanting to get off of something you ate addicted to, even though it is working.

Much much love at you during this trying time. I pray for you every day! Xxxooo. Hang tough!

My morning dose just kicked in, so I figured I would check in. Thank you, all, for your thoughts and well wishes.

In my more lucid moments, it is still uncomfortable, but relatively manageable. The rest of the time, I am usually either a zombie or an emotional wreck. I feel like I am crawling in my skin, sick to my stomach, in pain, paranoid, and sometimes I am quite certain that I am going crazy. I have seen things out of the corner of my eye that aren't there. There are other little things, but I feel really drained right now.

CatintheHat: The dual-prescriptions were from my old doctor. The Clonazepam was twice a day for my general anxiety. I only used my lorazepam (Ativan) for panic attacks, so that's what she meant by using it more often than I normally would to help me through this.

Snowblower: I know this sounds so cliché, but I didn't realize it would be this bad.

Cherry: She did not understand why my old doctor put me on both in the first place. When she said she wanted to take me off the clonazepam, I resisted because it has been the best medication for my general anxiety. I did not realize how much it was impacting my body until now. Honestly, part of me wants to continue on it because it was working, but I know I would have to come off it sometime and I would be right back here.

Headbanger: I am trying not to take too much, even though I sometimes just want to down a bunch when it's at its worst.
I came to the same realisation, I thought I was fully in control of the 2mg Clonazepam I was taking twice a day, until I intentionally (rather foolishly in hindsight) tested my dependence by abstaining for three days... At the end of the third day, when I began 'rattling' like a maniac, semi catatonic, juxtaposed with intense hyper manic super paranoid episodes, all viciously circling around like vultures in my head , I realised just how much my body was reliant on the Clonaz!... It shit me up like nothing I had experienced before, and I've had some quite hairy moments in my life!...

Absolute dread is all I can describe it as! Pure terror racing through every fibre of my being!.... As a youngster I experimented heavily with all manner of illicit drugs, but for the first time in my life, I actually feel like a proper junkie.... How could such a small little pill, that had far less physical and mental effects than any illicit drug I had ever taken, have crept up on me and snared me so firmly in it's grasp?!... I now realise why some people refer to benzo w/d's as the '10th circle of hell'...

Anyway, just to let you know, I'm thinking of you and realise what you must be going through x

Hello LemonMuffin. I am so sorry that you're going through this. I cannot get over your doctor just cutting you off. The doctor should have tapered you off over a fairly long period of time.

I've been on Xanax for many years & my doctor has been weaning me off it for a year come Nov. I was taking from 4mg to around 6mg daily for all those years. Last year the doctor started reducing it by .5mgs. every few weeks. She now prescribes me .5mg 3x daily. But on my own I got it down to where I only take .5mg at night if I really need it to sleep. I haven't told that to the doctor though because I'm afraid she will cut me off completely if she knew I didn't need it 3x daily.

It is the hardest thing I've ever done. November will be a year since I started tapering. I no longer take it during the day unless I were to have a real bad panic attack. I just like knowing that I have them if I should ever be cut off.

I wish you much luck. I feel so bad for what you're going through. Everybody has given you good advice already, all I can add is to try & taper your way down even if it's by little pieces. It will take time to do it without feeling real bad. But it can be done. Hang in there. It's really good that you have your family to support you. That's important. I really do feel for you.

Anyone heard from Muffin recently?

Wherever you are Muffin, sending you some love and general supporty style vibes :-)

Hope you get 'em!

~P~

Anyone heard from Muffin recently?

Wherever you are Muffin, sending you some love and general supporty style vibes :-)

Hope you get 'em!

~P~
no- i've been thinking of her though! i'm worried she's not doing so well since she hasn't been around. /default_sad.png  maybe if i send her a PM through PR she'll get an email notification? hmmm i can try. /default_smile.png

Yeah, me too, I sent her a PM on here, no reply :-(...

no reply to a PM i sent her days ago here /default_sad.png but i sent one through PR just now too.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back