Does Adderall make you feel goed

• Adderall makes me feel goed

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Adderall does not make me feel goed anything just helps with ADD

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Adderall makes me feel goed and helps with my ADD

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
I have ADHD currently take ADDERALL 30 mg 2xs a day. It does cause my pain level to go up during the day. When I don't have to do anything important I don't take it all. It does make me focus,& actually able to complete simple tasks 1 or 2 at a time. Funny coffee was mentioned if I take any caffeine I actually shake. Strange I can take ADDERALL but not have coffee.

I have Adult ADHD and was prescribed add for 2x 30mgs also. but then my doctor was telling me about the adverse effects after prolong usage of adds. I have a genetic liver disorder, so I was prescribed Strat. When I was on the Adds, I was more focused, sometime didnt feel that tunnel vision sort of high because I would start something and not finish it. I really hate the strat because it doesnt give me that focus nor the energy to continue what Im doing.

Some days It did make me feel good, some days it made me feel like crap. but the overall experience is that add is so helpful on my work days, days I need to study or just social settings. But seriously, I really dont like the strat because I still get that unfocused feeling. It helps with my anxiety and my overbearing thought of time, but it just increases my work effort by like 60% than usual. 

Anyone else have their doctor switch them?

Do you have a ADHD tip, an experience or story to tell that may help others.
When a person who truly has ADHD takes medication  such as Ritalin, Concerta or Adderall, it should make them feel a little tired or even downright sleep when they first take it.  Because it is slowing you down.

In the hospital some kids slept all day after get first dose or two.  Then it began to help them.

They misdiagnosed my grandson with ADHD - he was NEVER sleepy when he started the medicine, he lost his appetite and couldn't sleep at night (we're talking grade school).  He became violent in school and finally confided in me that the medicine made him feel angry, irritable, and want to hurt someone.  I immediately pulled him off the medicine in defiance of school (being RN with psych degree/experience).

I took him to a psychologist I knew and worked with - in 5 minutes he had diagnosed my grandson as "Development Disorder" (a form of autism).  I knew that child was NOT ADHD and his reaction to the meds for ADHS proved it.  We got him in a school for autistic children and he has done great without ANY meds to help him - he has even been able to mainstream into regular classes with help, after 3 years of special classes designed to help him.

Teachers tend to diagnose every kid these days as ADHD if they are energetic or disrupt class in any way.  We have far too many children in this country on wrong meds that have bad long-term side effects on some - for the convenience of teachers, not for what's best for child or what child needs.

Don't let teachers/principals pressure you into medicating your child without an excellent, qualified psychologist (outside of school system) diagnosing them.  Don't give meds to your kids that you can see are having a negative effect on them.

I've seen truly ADHD kids placed on Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta etc - you can tell almost immediate improvement in their behavior, ability to focus & perform.  If you don't see that - keep searching for the right answers to your child's problem, don't let these schools misdiagnose, mismedicate your child because it won't help them.  And may harm them or cause them to harm others.

Find support groups of other parents - they will help you, too, in many ways.

For me I would say It feels "good", but in various ways. First, there is a slight rush of energy/enthusiasm to tackle a complex task. Second, I felt a sense of confidence and perspective that I can handle what had previously felt overwhelming. As long as you remember to eat and drink water the rush slowly goes away but a sense of accomplishment and understanding fills the void. It's also important to take it as early as possible to that you can relax and  get a good night of sleep later on. Given the nature of the drug there is the potential to mess-up ones sleep cycle. I've both experienced the immediate need to nap as well as insomnia. With regular sleep, food, hydration and a concious focus on what to focus on (paradox?) once you take a dosage the overall feeling is (from my experience) "Good." 

Addy's rule they make me thirsty, horny, and very hard to sleep but the thing i love about them is i can get allot done and over achieve my accomplishments.   

I apologize in advance because this isn't on point but I have a semi-related question. Let me know if I should put it somewhere else.

Every stimulant I've tried (from caffeine to harder stuff that shall not be mentioned) has been very relaxing for me. I feel peaceful, calm, and I feel focused. I could never relate to people who got jittery from coffee, for example. Coffee is the only thing that keeps me from bouncing around and allows me to sit still for a short period of time. Is there any reason for me to speculate (I know this isn't a diagnosis) that I might have some ADHD based on my reaction to the stimulants? I read the definition on ADHD and it doesn't fit me exactly. I'm organized (via lots of to-do lists and a calendar that I check constantly) although my mind wanders a lot and I feel I'm physically hyperactive. (If I don't work out intensely and wear myself out then I'm way too bouncy to fall asleep without pharm assistance.) Do I just have a natural abundance of energy?

The only reason I find the idea really puzzling is that I have anxiety (GAD) and it seems like the two would be at odds. The anxiety is the bigger problem so that's what I always talk about at the psych's office. And the meds I'm on now sedate me just enough (b*nz-os) so I'm a little less bouncy. I worry that if I brought up the other issues I have that I'd get flagged or something like that. 

Does anyone know if these conditions exist together? 

I apologize in advance because this isn't on point but I have a semi-related question. Let me know if I should put it somewhere else.

Every stimulant I've tried (from caffeine to harder stuff that shall not be mentioned) has been very relaxing for me. I feel peaceful, calm, and I feel focused. I could never relate to people who got jittery from coffee, for example. Coffee is the only thing that keeps me from bouncing around and allows me to sit still for a short period of time. Is there any reason for me to speculate (I know this isn't a diagnosis) that I might have some ADHD based on my reaction to the stimulants? I read the definition on ADHD and it doesn't fit me exactly. I'm organized (via lots of to-do lists and a calendar that I check constantly) although my mind wanders a lot and I feel I'm physically hyperactive. (If I don't work out intensely and wear myself out then I'm way too bouncy to fall asleep without pharm assistance.) Do I just have a natural abundance of energy?

The only reason I find the idea really puzzling is that I have anxiety (GAD) and it seems like the two would be at odds. The anxiety is the bigger problem so that's what I always talk about at the psych's office. And the meds I'm on now sedate me just enough (b*nz-os) so I'm a little less bouncy. I worry that if I brought up the other issues I have that I'd get flagged or something like that. 

Hey Ginbutterfly,

Yes, ADHD and general anxiety disorder can absolutely coexist. The two not only dont work at odds, but often feed into each other, especially with undiagnosed ADHD creating anxiety. In some cases, a lifetime of dealing with nondiagnosis/misdiagnosis of ADHD can be the direct cause of your anxiety disorder.

I would absolutely recommend talking to your doctor if you have a serious concern. And if he/she "punishes" or "flags" you for bringing up a legitimate question, get a different doctor.

Hey Ginbutterfly,

Yes, ADHD and general anxiety disorder can absolutely coexist. The two not only dont work at odds, but often feed into each other, especially with undiagnosed ADHD creating anxiety. In some cases, a lifetime of dealing with nondiagnosis/misdiagnosis of ADHD can be the direct cause of your anxiety disorder.

I would absolutely recommend talking to your doctor if you have a serious concern. And if he/she "punishes" or "flags" you for bringing up a legitimate question, get a different doctor.

Thanks 2, I didn't know that and it's really helpful to hear that there's a possibility that it may be an issue. I'm not interested in immediately medicating (gone this long without much), but just trying to figure out if there's something else going on and what I can ultimately do about it. I have an appointment in a month and I'll ask my psych about it then. Thanks so much for your response. 

Reactions: two

Gin,

I do believe that if ADHD meds. calm you and allow you to focus, you are indeed someone who benefits from their intended purpose. The anxiety often is bolstered by untreated ADHD.

If you were to feel 'zippy' from stims. that would likely indicate that they were not treating your condition.

Plenty of people dislike caffeine, but have completely opposite reactions to amp heta mines.

The anxiety may be controlled quite well once the other distraction is under control.

Whether your doctor will work with you or not after hearing your reported symptoms...well, that is not as clear an answer, although I do wish for you and many others it could be.

Beranda

THe addy's my psych gives me really help me focus & get things done 1 or 2 at a time instead of chaos. The down side is the muscle spasms, & I have a slight tremor. When I'm really stressed these increase the s/e' that is to the point where I have to not take them for a few days depending on the situation. Opiated-

it is possible to have plain ole ADD without the hyper part, thats me /default_biggrin.png

Gin,

I do believe that if ADHD meds. calm you and allow you to focus, you are indeed someone who benefits from their intended purpose. The anxiety often is bolstered by untreated ADHD.

If you were to feel 'zippy' from stims. that would likely indicate that they were not treating your condition.

Plenty of people dislike caffeine, but have completely opposite reactions to amp heta mines.

The anxiety may be controlled quite well once the other distraction is under control.

Whether your doctor will work with you or not after hearing your reported symptoms...well, that is not as clear an answer, although I do wish for you and many others it could be.

Beranda
Beranda, 

Yes, all stims I've tried have calmed me down to varying degree. And that's a good point that the anxiety may be caused by untreated ADHD. I really don't know what causes my anxiety other than that I get overwhelmed and feel I have too many things going on and being unable to focus on any particular task to finish it which just makes me feel like more of a failure and feel more pressure. Then I get anxious and get panic attacks.  

I'll talk to the doctor to see what he thinks and I'll read up on this some more before that appointment. I just want the right meds. I feel like the stuff I have now is just draining me; we've tinkered with varying types and some are better than others but in the end they just make me tired and a bit despondent. 

Thank you for the kind response! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Beranda,

Yes, all stims I've tried have calmed me down to varying degree. And that's a good point that the anxiety may be caused by untreated ADHD. I really don't know what causes my anxiety other than that I get overwhelmed and feel I have too many things going on and being unable to focus on any particular task to finish it which just makes me feel like more of a failure and feel more pressure. Then I get anxious and get panic attacks.

I'll talk to the doctor to see what he thinks and I'll read up on this some more before that appointment. I just want the right meds. I feel like the stuff I have now is just draining me; we've tinkered with varying types and some are better than others but in the end they just make me tired and a bit despondent.

Thank you for the kind response!
Gin,

I am far from a doctor (this is just one person's experience) but the anxiety you describe is very familiar.

For nearly a decade I had considered myself a very (overly) conscientious and organized individual. However, I always felt behind, would constantly become distracted, procrastinated and was nervous, to the point of nausea (which often debilitated me)...further increasing my anxiety.

A truly vicious circle.

I had NEVER even considered these were treatable symptoms, in fact hid them for fear that others would discover my weakness and think less of me.

I actually have a very amazing friend (one I met right here on DBG) who shared 'their' experience and symptoms.

I was lucky, I realize this even more now, that my existing health care provider, knew me and my history, and trusted me enough to support my interest in investigating things further.

Neither he nor I felt certain the treatment would be effective, but began a conservative, investigatory trial.

I was more skeptic than he was, but was and still am amazed at the new normal I can now enjoy. I never knew how much unproductive energy I was expending. Nothing is perfect, but I have found that my nervousness has also been greatly reduced.

I had ignorantly expected the opposite.

Just goes to show that when you are free and supported to treat a real condition, your quality of life can be significantly improved...and in my case, I didn't even realize I was missing anything.

Hope I don't sound like a broken record or too insistent.

As I've said, I wish you all the best.

Beranda

Gin,

I am far from a doctor (this is just one person's experience) but the anxiety you describe is very familiar.

For nearly a decade I had considered myself a very (overly) conscientious and organized individual. However, I always felt behind, would constantly become distracted, procrastinated and was nervous, to the point of nausea (which often debilitated me)...further increasing my anxiety.

A truly vicious circle.

I had NEVER even considered these were treatable symptoms, in fact hid them for fear that others would discover my weakness and think less of me.

I actually have a very amazing friend (one I met right here on DBG) who shared 'their' experience and symptoms.

I was lucky, I realize this even more now, that my existing health care provider, knew me and my history, and trusted me enough to support my interest in investigating things further.

Neither he nor I felt certain the treatment would be effective, but began a conservative, investigatory trial.

I was more skeptic than he was, but was and still am amazed at the new normal I can now enjoy. I never knew how much unproductive energy I was expending. Nothing is perfect, but I have found that my nervousness has also been greatly reduced.

I had ignorantly expected the opposite.

Just goes to show that when you are free and supported to treat a real condition, your quality of life can be significantly improved...and in my case, I didn't even realize I was missing anything.

Hope I don't sound like a broken record or too insistent.

As I've said, I wish you all the best.

Beranda
Beranda,

Yes, the overly conscientious behavior and being organized describes me to a T. I have everything tracked carefully in my calendar and my to-do apps so I can stay on task and not forget to do things and if I do get distracted then return to the list and do what it tells me to do. It's not my memory precisely; if I remember that something needs to be done then I can remember everything about if but I don't remember it needs to happen because I'm busy doing other things (multitasking) then I will forget it. 

I really appreciate you sharing your story. You don't sound at all like a broken record. It makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you very much!

Gin

I used to be addicted to Adderall. I thought it was a miracle drug. For many years while I was working my desk job I felt sluggish, unfocused and tired all day. As soon as I got on Adderall that changed. I was excited about going to work. It made the challenge of my job more enjoyable.

Also, I had tons of energy. Factoring in the appetite supression I was loosing weight too. Looking better, feeling better, getting more things done, etc. It was great that first year.

As my tolerance went up I started asking my doc for more pills.. I some how managed him to prescribe me 30MG 3X per day. I basically told him I don't take the full 90mg. I break the pills in half and save the remainder for the next month. Basically allowing me to save more money.

Well, long story short. I lied to the doctor. I took 90MG everyday and after 3-4 months psycosis started setting in. I thought my girlfriend was cheating, I thought people were following me, constantly looking over my shoulder thinking the whole world was against me. It was complete paranoia. I ended up losing my job and my girlfriend. Haha.

That was a long time ago. I stopped taking them and everything is back to normal now. But I guarantee you I wouldn't hesitate to take again if I knew the paranoia wouldnt resurface.

Be careful with this med. It can ruin your life if you over do it.

When a person who truly has ADHD takes medication  such as Ritalin, Concerta or Adderall, it should make them feel a little tired or even downright sleep when they first take it.  Because it is slowing you down.

In the hospital some kids slept all day after get first dose or two.  Then it began to help them.

They misdiagnosed my grandson with ADHD - he was NEVER sleepy when he started the medicine, he lost his appetite and couldn't sleep at night (we're talking grade school).  He became violent in school and finally confided in me that the medicine made him feel angry, irritable, and want to hurt someone.  I immediately pulled him off the medicine in defiance of school (being RN with psych degree/experience).

I took him to a psychologist I knew and worked with - in 5 minutes he had diagnosed my grandson as "Development Disorder" (a form of autism).  I knew that child was NOT ADHD and his reaction to the meds for ADHS proved it.  We got him in a school for autistic children and he has done great without ANY meds to help him - he has even been able to mainstream into regular classes with help, after 3 years of special classes designed to help him.

Teachers tend to diagnose every kid these days as ADHD if they are energetic or disrupt class in any way.  We have far too many children in this country on wrong meds that have bad long-term side effects on some - for the convenience of teachers, not for what's best for child or what child needs.

Don't let teachers/principals pressure you into medicating your child without an excellent, qualified psychologist (outside of school system) diagnosing them.  Don't give meds to your kids that you can see are having a negative effect on them.

I've seen truly ADHD kids placed on Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta etc - you can tell almost immediate improvement in their behavior, ability to focus & perform.  If you don't see that - keep searching for the right answers to your child's problem, don't let these schools misdiagnose, mismedicate your child because it won't help them.  And may harm them or cause them to harm others.

Find support groups of other parents - they will help you, too, in many ways.
It's ed-psych's that label students with learning difficulties not teachers. Teachers only make referrals based on observations. A good and professional teacher would never advise parents to consider medication; that's what children's mental health services are for.

No need to blame educationalists, the parents are the ones with the final say.

if i can get more of it i would, i literally hate work, when i do come across it , i can actually get through the day at work without taking a benzo and deal with the b.s ARGH WHAT IL DO FOR IT! 

yes its awesome! 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back