Gal In Major Pain

The problem I have is one of my "gel cushions" that acts like a pillow one of my nerves is totally depleted. So the nerve scraps against the spine. My friends dad got a surgery done where they went in with a small drill and made the hole bigger so the nerve had more room. He had five years ago and has been pain free ever since.

On the 9th I go back to the clinic. I will mention this to him. He better give it to me because I won't stand for any more steroids. I have gained 25 lbs because of that.

Whatever happened to bedside manner and doctors performing in the best interest of patients?

@shaynagirl thy have told me thy have just stopped seeing any chronic patients period. & sending them over to that crazy pain clinc who don't believe in any narcotics.
Hi Kentucky606

How can the clinic call itself a "pain clinic" if the medical personnel do not dispense narcotics!; that is the point of a pain clinic. Maybe it's a locale thing; and if your name reflects where you're from, that says a lot about doc's being not only conservative in writing scripts, but paranoid as well of coming under question/losing their licenses. I was referred to a pain management doctor from an orthopedist for my neck cervical/2-7 disk injuries from multiple car accidents (thank you to the first accident -- drunk driver). The ortho doc thank God ordered an MRI and that was my GO card into the pain treatment labyrinth. I'm here for back-up as one never knows like you say -- who will leave the practice, retire or get hit by a truck. Cannot be too careful on these necessary but habitual meds to not have a stash, in case. And i've been there.

Hope you find some relief soon K and doesnt have to break the bank. But I have a job and could not do this w/o a steady reliable income. It aint cheap!

take care now,

poppyseed

This is completely irrelevant really but a couple months ago I got bronchitis and my regular doc didn't have an appointment so I made one with a different doctor in the same clinic. She said, and I quote "I don't believe in antibiotics. "

What is going on with the medical profession when pain doctors don't believe in pain medicines and GPs don't believe in antibiotics.

*sigh*

@ thanks poppy I have MRIs too. But the doctors r to scared to write anything here. Even for child birth you get Motrion. Your right without a steady job it's impossible to buy. That's what's stopping me at the moment.

This is completely irrelevant really but a couple months ago I got bronchitis and my regular doc didn't have an appointment so I made one with a different doctor in the same clinic. She said, and I quote "I don't believe in antibiotics. "What is going on with the medical profession when pain doctors don't believe in pain medicines and GPs don't believe in antibiotics. *sigh*

I too have. Even denied antibiotics. They say " it has to clear up on its own" after sitting there 4 hours to be seen. Ha!!! they r JOKES

KY has the most strict narcotic rules. It's crazy. There are some pain clinics but they charge insane amounts and you have to have documentation from more than 1 dr about your problem. I know several people in ky that go to a certain pain clinic in TN that will write them anything with a valid MRI. There are drs in ky that will help you out but they are hard to come by because so many have the no narcotic policy now. Your dr should have made sure you had a good referral before leaving. I'm sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KY has the most strict narcotic rules. It's crazy. There are some pain clinics but they charge insane amounts and you have to have documentation from more than 1 dr about your problem. I know several people in ky that go to a certain pain clinic in TN that will write them anything with a valid MRI. There are drs in ky that will help you out but they are hard to come by because so many have the no narcotic policy now. Your dr should have made sure you had a good referral before leaving. I'm sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi K --- Jwhite is right. that was really sucky of your last dr. to dishonor his Hippocratic oath: do no harm, by leaving you and perhaps other pts. relying for months or years on PM's. I dont know what more to offer. I believe SY is your only source, really; if u take into account an office visit, then the meds, it's almost the same, if not more. My worry is now that Schedule II's now require a 30 day dr. visit, the down under sources will be inundated. I wish I wasn't so pessimistic for you, but shoot where you live, girl, man, can you move?! I'm in a very "blue" state and we're being affected. Have you thought of suboxone? at least to deal with withdrawals, if u get them. They work great. Not sure if they do pain relief though.

best to you

Poppyseed

The problem I have is one of my "gel cushions" that acts like a pillow one of my nerves is totally depleted. So the nerve scraps against the spine. My friends dad got a surgery done where they went in with a small drill and made the hole bigger so the nerve had more room. He had five years ago and has been pain free ever since.

On the 9th I go back to the clinic. I will mention this to him. He better give it to me because I won't stand for any more steroids. I have gained 25 lbs because of that.

Whatever happened to bedside manner and doctors performing in the best interest of patients?
I hear you bigred. Steroids are a wonder drug in all forms, but, the moon face, the weight gain well the 'roid rage! they're meant to be temporary unless one has a life-threatening auto immune disorder. The spine/disk surgeries are getting better. Hope you find more permanent relief  soon. I have similar complaints, a narrowing spinal column pressing on the spinal cord and other nerves.

take care

Poppyseed

I was put on steroids as one of my tried and failed migraine treatments. They made me super edgy and irritable. Yuck!

I hear you bigred. Steroids are a wonder drug in all forms, but, the moon face, the weight gain well the 'roid rage! they're meant to be temporary unless one has a life-threatening auto immune disorder. The spine/disk surgeries are getting better. Hope you find more permanent relief  soon. I have similar complaints, a narrowing spinal column pressing on the spinal cord and other nerves.

take care

Poppyseed

I was put on steroids as one of my tried and failed migraine treatments. They made me super edgy and irritable. Yuck!
My skin felt it was on fire with all the other symptoms for almost 3 weeks. Uuugggg

Yeah I had skin burning sensation too. Weird med. I still have them in my pharmacy drawer collecting dust.

I had two surgeries and when I refused the third my orthopaedic surgeon pulled my meds too. Writing a script doesn't give them the money that massive surgeries do.
You have GOT to be fucking kidding! That is ridiculous. Jesus!

You have GOT to be fucking kidding! That is ridiculous. Jesus!
Yeah the third surgery was to correct how bad he fucked up my elbow by sticking a pin through the actual joint. At least mother nature seemed to fix that one on her own except I can't bend my elbow.

Yeah I had skin burning sensation too. Weird med. I still have them in my pharmacy drawer collecting dust.
I've never been afraid of a med before I met the meanest med on the schoolyard, steroid the injectable bully.

I literally said things to my kids that would NEVER think about saying. I was so mean and verbally abusive. I threw things, broke stuff, I developed blisters (like from a bad sunburn ) on my arms. I fainted on the toilet. That was kinda funny until i hit my head on the edge of the shower door.

THEN the eating started! Every 10 min I was starving like I hadn't eaten in days.

3 weeks is a long time. My husband and kids thought they lost me. It wasn't until the doctor told me to 'suck it up' and implied I was making it all up.

He told my husband 'she has you believing her crap too'?

it was only then that I actually contempled suicide. Until I went to a walk in clinic and that Dr told me that he has seen many cases like this and that it should be ending very soon.

it wasn't until I went to the pain clinic, when that doctor told me that I had received too large of a dose of steroids. He has never seen any doctor inject double the amount on any person. And then it finally all made sense. I hope I never have to feel that again nor does anybody else.

@bigred wow that's crazy. I hope u get that took take of.

Since They refused me of all my meds all I do is eat.. I am a comfort eater & big on junk food. All I want to do is eat, eat, eat. I'm paying for it too as I've already gained several pounds but I just can't stop eating!! :(

@johnnog

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have before taken neurot1in I actually ha several pill bottles full now. I had taken them for several months but they never worked. So instead if ingesting something that didn't work I just stopped taking them. Your welcome to PM me anytime you like.. If there is something you feel the need to tell me then plz in all means PM me. Your right. All the doctors are just pathetic anymore.
Neurontin had the worst effect on me of any drug I was ever prescribed.

I pretty much was a walking zombie with no idea what I was doing.

We couldn't find the TV remote because I had put it in the fridge.

Put a cigarette out on my bedspread. I was a danger to myself and

others! I guess it does help some people but never again for me!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back