General question about shipping delays.

Shred81

Hi everyone. I know shipping delays are happening for many people and some are lucky enough to not experience much of a delay. I was wondering if many of you guys and gals with tracking are stuck on the “origin post is preparing shipment” or is it that once shipped from the origin country, the pack arrives quick to the destination country, but then tracking shows it in limbo as it travels from place to place in the destination country. I am basically asking if it’s Taking a long time for the “origin post is preparing shipment” to show that it arrived in the destination country. In the past once shipped, it took a short time to show that the origin post is preparing shipment changed to show that the pack was here in the states but then it took its time to pass through customs etc. now I have a situation in which an important document was shipped to me and it’s been showing “origin post is preparing shipment” for a really long time. In the past, once it changed from origin post is preparing shipment to showing that it arrived in the states, was the quick part but now it’s just been saying origin post is preparing shipment for a long time. I was wondering if this was the case for other people waiting or are you seeing the origin post is preparing shipment change to the pack arriving here and it’s the part the the pack has to go through here, that’s taking a long time. 
I know I worded this carefully to avoid giving any specifics so I hope i did it right. I’m hoping you guys and gals can help me with your input and experiences in the matter. Thank you so much. 

@Shred81 In my experience, "origin post is preparing shipment" just means USPS is waiting for the pack to hit customs.  It can't update while the pack is waiting to board a plane and make its travels since the packs arent actually getting scanned anymore at that point.  There are very few planes for post leaving most countries (not to mention postal workers) due to safety concerns around Covid-19 so a lot of packs are taking weeks and weeks longer than normal.  I have a pack thats been in the "origin post is preparing shipment" stage for two weeks already and i have another from a different overseas country that is arriving tomorrow after only 10 days.  Its hit or miss these days with how fast or slow something is.  Hope your pack arrives safely and soon!!

We all know that everything is taking longer over the last 3 months. I have a package and I track it occasionally. It bounced around Sweden it don't stick around the UK it bounced around the u.s. . As of tonight it's only an hour and 45 minutes from where I live. I hope like hell it comes tomorrow. This is just as frustrating, if not more frustrating, for our wonderful vendors.

@Shred81 In my experience, "origin post is preparing shipment" just means USPS is waiting for the pack to hit customs.  It can't update while the pack is waiting to board a plane and make its travels since the packs arent actually getting scanned anymore at that point.  There are very few planes for post leaving most countries (not to mention postal workers) due to safety concerns around Covid-19 so a lot of packs are taking weeks and weeks longer than normal.  I have a pack thats been in the "origin post is preparing shipment" stage for two weeks already and i have another from a different overseas country that is arriving tomorrow after only 10 days.  Its hit or miss these days with how fast or slow something is.  Hope your pack arrives safely and soon!!
Unfortunately for me, “the origin post is preparing shipment”  has been the status for almost 3 weeks. Has anyone had that status for that long and had the package still get delivered? Thank you so much. 

Unfortunately for me, “the origin post is preparing shipment”  has been the status for almost 3 weeks. Has anyone had that status for that long and had the package still get delivered? Thank you so much. 
Yes. That's the story for almost all international packs these days. Usual 10-15 day T/A times are now averaging over 1 month. Sucks, but that's how it is now. 3 weeks is not a red flag unfortunately.

I must be special, because this is the norm for me, all the time, with multiple vendors. Im approaching 3 months for an order. Im to the point I need to have multiple in the wind to even get some sense of consistency.

You can usually find the tracking site for the origin country and get some information there using your tracking number.  My last pack from overseas took almost a month before the tracking even came live on USPS site. 

You can usually find the tracking site for the origin country and get some information there using your tracking number.  My last pack from overseas took almost a month before the tracking even came live on USPS site. 
All I can see on the origin countries site is that it left about 3 weeks ago. I never had a situation before where “the origin post is preparing shipping” being the long part of the process. For me it was always the next step that took awhile. The customs part was the part that took longer. I never had something say origin post is preparing shipping for this long. That’s why I was asking if other people have experienced the same thing.  

Even when packs took forever to come, it was always never “the origin post is preparing shipping” that took awhile. No matter which country I ordered from that still had a detailed tracking arrangement with usps, always showed that the pack arrived here fast by switching from “origin post is preparing shipping” to either inbound into customs or it showed that it was at the isc.  This pack has been saying “origin post is preparing shipment” for around 3 weeks. And this is a package from a very peaceful friendly country to the USA nor does it contain contents that are even really illegal. So I’m not even really asking about a potential customs problem, it’s more that I’m asking how long in general people are seeing the “origin post is preparing shipment”

I worry the pack is lost. It’s not a substance which is an issue to get delivered but it’s very important to me. I was hoping I’m not alone in this very extended “origin post is preparing shipment” status which would give me hope that the pack will come. I appreciate all the help very much and looking forward to additional responses. 

All I can see on the origin countries site is that it left about 3 weeks ago. I never had a situation before where “the origin post is preparing shipping” being the long part of the process. For me it was always the next step that took awhile. The customs part was the part that took longer. I never had something say origin post is preparing shipping for this long. That’s why I was asking if other people have experienced the same thing.  
It seems to be only recently but yes.  The one that I am referring to was recent and did the same - showed in the origin country's postal tracking that it left the origin country weeks before the origin post message ever left the USPS site. 

The sender told me they've been told it doesn't update because it's not sitting in customs.  They have less staffing due to COVID-19 which causes it to basically arrive stateside and sit for a long time before customs gets to it (even if they're going to pass it through problem free).  This held true with my pack which went right on through customs once it finally updated. 

I have recently heard of a pack from far east that was given for lost showing up, 2 months plus a little. You can do the math but basically was just sitting somewhere in the system since start of this

I have had some of my deliveries sit in the "origin post preparing for shipment" for a long enough time to be sure it was never moving yet it finally did. Can't remember how many weeks it was. The vendor called the postal service in that country and was told that it sits on a pallet until it's full enough to ship. Sounds like BS, but with the current situation it could possibly have something to do with the limited flights so I think there may still be hope it isn't lost forever. 

I have had some of my deliveries sit in the "origin post preparing for shipment" for a long enough time to be sure it was never moving yet it finally did. Can't remember how many weeks it was. The vendor called the postal service in that country and was told that it sits on a pallet until it's full enough to ship. Sounds like BS, but with the current situation it could possibly have something to do with the limited flights so I think there may still be hope it isn't lost forever. 
Thank you for your response 2earls. I appreciate you letting me know about your deliveries arriving even after prolonged periods of “ origin post is preparing shipment” status. It gives me hope my package will arrive. I really hope the package arrives since it’s an important package to me. It’s from a country which is very peaceful and The package doesn’t have anything really problematic in it all. It could be do to limited flights, it’s just so nerve wrecking since the package is so important to me. It’s not so much the delay that’s getting me nervous that the pack may not come, it’s that never have I had something stay at that tracking status for this long. I really hope it comes. I really appreciate you commenting here in this thread since you have given me hope the pack will come. 

Does anyone know if any thing is coming into the UK from international areas? 

Does anyone know if any thing is coming into the UK from international areas? 
I'm from USA, but a couple sources I've seen have statements saying that generally only people are restricted for international travel.  Only a few (I think India is one) have restricted parcels as well.

Reactions: Rec
I will post it also here,

International Mail Service Suspensions

Updated: May 22, 2020

The Postal Service™ is temporarily suspending international mail acceptance for certain destinations due to service impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Suspension Due to Foreign Postal Operator Service Suspension

Bolivia

Ecuador

Kuwait

Peru

Botswana

Fiji

Libya

Rwanda

British Virgin Islands

French Polynesia

Madagascar

Samoa

Cayman Islands

Honduras

Malawi

South Africa

Chad

India

Maldives

Turkmenistan

Curacao

Iraq

Nepal

Zimbabwe

Dominican Republic

Kyrgyzstan

Panama

Suspension Due to Unavailability of Transportation

Algeria

Democratic Republic of the Congo

Mauritius

South Sudan

Angola

Egypt

Mongolia

Sri Lanka

Argentina

Ethiopia

Morocco

Sudan

Azerbaijan

Faroe Island

Mozambique

Suriname

Bahamas

Gambia

Namibia

Swaziland (Eswatini)

Bahrain

Ghana

Nigeria

Tajikistan

Bangladesh

Grenada

Oman

Tanzania

Benin

Guatemala

Pakistan

Timor-Leste

Bermuda

Guinea Bissau

Papua New Guinea

Tonga

Brunei

Guyana

Paraguay

Tunisia

Burkina Faso

Haiti

Philippines

Turks & Caicos

Burundi

Kazakhstan

Qatar

United Arab Emirates

Cambodia

Kenya

Republic of Congo

Uganda

Cameroon

Kiribati

Saudi Arabia

Uruguay

Cape Verde

Laos

Senegal

Uzbekistan

Chile

Lebanon

Seychelles

Vanuatu

Cook Islands

Lesotho

Sierra Leone

Venezuela

Costa Rica

Liberia

Sint Maarten

Yemen

Cuba

Mauritania

Solomon Islands

Zambia

Customers: please refrain from mailing items addressed to the countries listed here, until further notice.

These service disruptions affect Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI), Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Mail International® (FCMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®), International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®), and M-Bag® items.

Unless otherwise noted, service suspensions to a particular country do not affect delivery of military and diplomatic mail.

For already deposited items, other than GXG:

Postal Service employees endorse them “Mail Service Suspended — Return to Sender” and then place them in the mail stream for return.

For any returned item bearing a customs form:

The Postal Service will, upon request, refund postage and fees on mail returned due to the suspension of service.

For all other returned items not bearing a customs declarations form:

Either:

• The Postal Service will, upon request, refund postage and fees on mail returned due to the suspension of service, or
  • The sender may remail them with the existing postage once service has been restored. When remailing under this option, customers must cross out the markings “Mail Service Suspended — Return to Sender.”

Global Express Guaranteed® Service Suspensions and Disruptions

Effective May 19, 2020, the Postal Service is temporarily suspending international mail acceptance of Global Express Guarantee® (GXG®) to the following destinations:

Suspension of Global Express Guaranteed Service

Bhutan

Gambia

Nepal

Uganda

Burundi

Kiribati

Norfolk Island

Vanuatu

Cape Verde

Laos

Republic of the Congo

Wallis and Futuna

Eritrea

Liberia

Seychelles

French Polynesia

Mongolia

Timor-Leste

Unless otherwise noted, service suspensions to a particular country do not affect delivery of military and diplomatic mail.

Customers: please refrain from mailing items addressed to the countries listed here, until further notice.

Military & Diplomatic Mail (APO/FPO/DPO) Service Disruptions

On April 8, 2020, the Department of State notified the Postal Service that effective April 9, 2020 through June 4, 2020 diplomatic mail (DPO) is temporarily suspended to the ZIP Codes™ listed here. We ask customers to refrain from entering items addressed to these destinations, until further notice.

Customers: please refrain from mailing items addressed to the following countries, until further notice.

City

State

ZIP Code

City

State

ZIP Code

DPO

AE

09178-9997

DPO

AE

09831-9997

DPO

AE

09283-9997

DPO

AE

09846-9997

DPO

AE

09488-9997

DPO

AE

09854-9997

DPO

AE

09489-9997

DPO

AE

09857-9997

DPO

AE

09734-9997

DPO

AE

09860-9997

DPO

AE

09813-9997

DPO

AE

09864-9997

DPO

AE

09817-9997

DPO

AE

09867-9997

DPO

AE

09820-9997

DPO

AE

09869-9997

DPO

AE

09826-9997

DPO

AP

96210-9997

DPO

AE

09828-9997

DPO

AP

96532-9997

Previous updates:
4-24-20 Temporary Service Suspension
4-17-20 Temporary Service Suspension
4-10-20 Temporary Service Suspension
4-7-20 Temporary Service Suspension
4-1-20 Temporary Service Suspension
3-23-20 Priority Mail Express International

Select one of the entries below to display disruption information for that location or event.

Select               Fiji – 5-22-20Myanmar – 5-22-20Phlippines – 5-22-20Vanuatu – 5-22-20Zimbabwe – 5-22-20Honduras – 5-21-20Tajikistan – 5-21-20French Polynesia – 5-19-20Djibouti – 5-19-20Maldives – 5-19-20Nepal – 5-19-20Belgium – 5-18-20Botswana – 5-18-20Colombia – 5-18-20Estonia – 5-18-20Mauritius – 5-18-20Mongolia – 5-18-20Turkmenistan – 5-18-20Chile – 5-15-20New Caledonia – 5-15-20Romania – 5-15-20Samoa – 5-15-20Lebanon – 5-13-20Spain – 5-13-20Sri Lanka – 5-13-20France – 5-12-20Grenada – 5-12-20Latvia – 5-12-20Peru – 5-12-20Liechtenstein – 5-7-20United Kingdom – 5-7-20India – 5-6-20Montenegro – 5-6-20Rwanda – 5-6-20Cayman Islands – 5-2-20Ukraine – 5-2-20Iraq – 5-1-20Slovakia – 5-1-20British Virgin Islands – 4-29-20Kuwait – 4-29-20Haiti – 4-24-20Australia – 4-22-20Georgia – 4-22-20Curaçao – 4-21-20Jordan – 4-21-20Portugal – 4-21-20United Arab Emirates – 4-21-20Bermuda – 4-17-20Cape Verde – 4-17-20Oman – 4-17-20South Sudan – 4-17-20Swaziland – 4-17-20Yemen – 4-17-20Dominican Republic – 4-17-20Argentina – 4-17-20Ireland – 4-16-20Jamaica – 4-16-20Cuba – 4-14-20Italy – 4-14-20Iran – 4-14-20Saudi Arabia – 4-14-20Burundi – 4-10-20Democratic Republic of Congo – 4-10-20Guinea Bissau – 4-10-20Guyana – 4-10-20Kenya – 4-10-20Kiribati – 4-10-20Korea – 4-10-20Lesotho – 4-10-20Madagascar – 4-10-20Malawi – 4-10-20Netherlands – 4-10-20New Guinea – 4-10-20Papua New Guinea – 4-10-20Republic of Congo – 4-10-20South Africa – 4-10-20Luxembourg – 4-8-20Togo – 4-8-20Vietnam – 4-8-20Angola – 4-7-20Benin – 4-7-20Bosnia and Herzegovina – 4-7-20Cameroon – 4-7-20Cook Islands – 4-7-20Costa Rica – 4-7-20Gambia – 4-7-20Guatemala – 4-7-20Kyrgyzstan – 4-7-20Laos – 4-7-20Moldova – 4-7-20Mozambique – 4-7-20Paraguay – 4-7-20Senegal – 4-7-20Seychelles – 4-7-20Solomon Islands – 4-7-20Sudan – 4-7-20Tajikistan – 4-7-20Tanzania – 4-7-20Timor-Leste – 4-7-20Tonga – 4-7-20Uganda – 4-7-20Uruguay – 4-7-20Venezuela – 4-7-20Singapore – 4-6-20Iceland – 4-3-20Greece – 4-2-20Japan – 4-2-20Mali – 4-2-20Serbia – 4-2-20Thailand – 4-2-20Turkey – 4-2-20Chad – 4-1-20Ecuador – 4-1-20Libya – 4-1-20Panama – 4-1-20Bolivia – 4-1-20Switzerland – 4-1-20Denmark – 3-31-20Indonesia – 3-31-20Kazakhstan – 3-31-20Lithuania – 3-31-20Mexico – 3-31-20Sweden – 3-31-20Vatican – 3-31-20Germany – 3-27-20Hong Kong – 3-27-20New Zealand – 3-27-20Russian Federation – 3-27-20Ivory Coast – 3-26-20Belarus – 3-25-20Bhutan – 3-25-20Canada – 3-25-20Israel – 3-25-20Malaysia – 3-25-20Saint Lucia – 3-25-20Brazil – 3-23-20China – 3-23-20Great Britain – 3-23-20Mauritania – 3-23-20Austria – 3-20-20Bulgaria – 3-20-20Cyprus – 3-20-20Finland – 3-20-20Morocco – 3-20-20Poland – 3-20-20North Macedonia – 3-20-20Armenia – 3-19-20Croatia – 3-19-20Slovenia – 3-19-20Tunisia – 3-19-20Norway – 3-19-20Malta – 3-19-20Suriname – 3-19-20El Salvador – 3-16-20Poland – 2-7-20Macao – 2-4-20Afghanistan – 5-14-19Syria – 3-13-13

•  

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back