I want to hang myself

Jhana

I've been trying to set up some sort of account to buy and sell bitcoins for 4 months now. I'm a smart guy with most things. I  elo.g to coinbase coinmama and paxful. This is the most impossible thing I've e ever attempted. It just cant  be done

I like the your username.  I remember being obsessed (counter-intuitive) about entering the Jhanas when I used to meditate incessantly a long time ago.

How you feel about acquiring Bitcoins is how I feel about the DNM.  This section of the forum hasn't helped you out at all?  I remember setting up coinbase  maybe a year ago, maybe a little longer  with their annoying ID front and back scan, and one with a selfie that would take forever to load and then fail, but finally prevailed and ended up updating slowly so I could withdraw more.  Coinmama was pretty straightforward with the same method that worked on the first time and actually consisted of real and not bot customer service.  Paxful to me was a pain as there were so many rules dependent on the individual.  Having a receipt, writing on it, taking pictures, ID, etc.  I would also lose about $40 per $100.  I hated it, but used it a few times.   I tend to only go through coinbase now and use Electrum as my wallet just because everything has been set up for a while.  I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you as I remember doing everything I could do to NOT use BTC at all first until I realized I would have to pay the piper eventually because of all the vendors that take it.  I don't know what advice I can offer you as for me I just kept reading everything on the internet and applying those steps over and over even when I was denied or something wasn't working as well as watching instructional videos online.  Its also been a year and some time, but I doubt that much has changed.  Just keep absorbing all the info and don't give up.  It CAN be done and you're not alone.  We've all been in your shoes at one point.  I know I was.  I wish you nothing but the best.

Any suggestions on where to eat up a wallet .buy bc and buy things all in one  place. THATS SIMPLE LOL

@Jhana Do a search for "how to buy bitcoin with cashapp." There will be many write-ups and youtube vids explaining the process.  You will have to have your bank credentials verified first, and then in order to purchase bitcoin you will need to have your identity verified by taking a picture of your ID.  Once that has been done and processed then you are all set up to get you some bitcoin. 

For security purposes it's best to transfer those bitcoins into another wallet.  Think of "wallets" as bank accounts. If you have a smartphone i recommend Blockstream Green Wallet.   Every bank account has a number associated with it, so just think of "bitcoin addresses" as bank account numbers (it's not the same and a wallet can use lots of addresses but its easier for most to think of it this way).  Once you buy your bitcoin on cashapp you will be transferring it to your blockstream wallet.  So in cashapp you will click on "withdraw btc" button and put in the btc address of your blockstream green wallet which you can find by clicking on the "receive" button in the Blockstream Green app.  Once you do that and the transaction is confirmed, then you can send bitcoin from your Blockstream Green Wallet to whomever you wish by clicking the "send" button and putting in their bitcoin address and adding the amount you wish to send....

It most definitely can be done and good luck!!!

@Jhana  set up an account with coinbase just using your checking account.  Prepare to wait 4-7 days to get coin in your wallet.   In the meantime set up a private wallet at blockchain.com (keep this one anonymous  - no real names or main email, etc);   Once the coins on coinbase are available, transfer them to your blockchain wallet. Once in your private wallet, they are now ready to be sent to vendors for payment.   Helps to do small test orders with legit online companies (like say a $40 order of CBD oil) to practice before sending $400 to a vendor.   PS  - I never could get all the app/phone stuff to work properly so I just use my computer/web to do all this.   I guess I'm not tech savvy enough to do it through my phone

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou. I'll give it a try. I'm already registered at coinbase. I just do t have a wallet.  I'll go to blockchain

I'm logged into blockchain  and have a wallet.  I am also a member of coin mama. Now what?

@Jhana  set up an account with coinbase just using your checking account.  Prepare to wait 4-7 days to get coin in your wallet.   In the meantime set up a private wallet at blockchain.com (keep this one anonymous  - no real names or main email, etc);   Once the coins on coinbase are available, transfer them to your blockchain wallet. Once in your private wallet, they are now ready to be sent to vendors for payment.   Helps to do small test orders with legit online companies (like say a $40 order of CBD oil) to practice before sending $400 to a vendor.   PS  - I never could get all the app/phone stuff to work properly so I just use my computer/web to do all this.   I guess I'm not tech savvy enough to do it through my phone
I can't use Blockchain.com in my state. When I signed up a big warning came up. I have a coinbase account but my bank won't let me transfer directly to it. And all of the phone stuff makes me think that maybe I'm just retarded. I'm going to keep trying......

Jhana said:
This is fucking not worth it
Check out the "Intro to Bitcoin and Wallet Walkthrough" thread, which has the best tutorial I've seen yet. There are also some helpful tips on the "Explain it Like I'm 5" thread. You can do it! We were once in your shoes. Someday you'll look back and wonder...how did I ever think this was so hard? But we all know that it is when you first start out!

If you have a wallet then just use a crypto ATM... These are everywhere... Many C0!nstar machines sell btc now ffs. You can get btc to a wallet in like 10 minutes 

Jesse is right though, I remember thinking WTFF the first time I tried to buy btc, but after a while it makes sense and gets easier. 

Go to bitcoin Advice posted by me. If coinmama doesnt work use shake pay. 

SHAKE PAY WORKS!!!!!! They use e-transfers but they accepted mine in less then a minute. Then you need to download the mobile app to send it to the electrum wallet which also took less then a minute. There fee is like .01%....to the point were I didnt even notice it. ENJOY!

yeah.   cashapp is the easiest.   I too struggled so bad trying to simply buy some bitcoin but cashapp made it so easy AND instant

Maybe it's less daunting if you divide it into a few "easy" steps?

Download a personal wallet.

Make an account where you are going to buy the bitcoins.

Make the purchase.

Transfer them to your wallet.

Use them as intended.

You can use the loads of information posted to assist you with each step. @vitruviusbeard has kindly posted some very helpful advice as have others and if you get stuck somewhere along the line just post your question. We want this to be as painless as possible. Certainly not the kind of thing that makes you want to hang yourself or poke your eyes out etc.

Yeah, for real, people are saying I'm a smart guy but I've been trying to figure out btc for months with no luck. No offense to the folks that just can't get it but I'm not a smart guy or trying to be wise. It's very, very easy . After I downloaded the wallet. Loaded it with a couple btc, they were below 600$ at the time. As soon as I made my first purchase I totally got it and realized it's better than credit cards, as long as you have most of your wit's left hide that recovery phrase where only you and maybe a trusted partner know where the recovery phrase is kept. As soon as you buy some thing once, you'll get it totally. Rest assured. Sorry if I offended some who still have problems, deep breaths, you got this.

Cashapp and blockchain. Easy and it only takes about 12 hours for cashapp to verify. Easiest way I’ve found. Coin base is also easy but takes 4-7 days to “clear”

I would like to try bitcoin soon but the pandemic might affect its value. I'm afraid to lose my hard-earned and I'm not sure which platform is safe.

I didn't read all the responses very carefully, but have you tried Voyager yet? The only way you can use it is to download the app. I was in the same situation as you after coinbase closed my account and I had the damndest time trying to get on another exchange. Then I ran across Voyager, downloaded the app and I honestly don't even remember what I did. I'm sure I had to upload all that stuff like most of these things but it was obviously very easy and they have been nothing but accommodating and very nice. They are not an exchange but they buy from exchanges and you can move your coin to an external wallet. You might want to check them out and see what you think they also give you tax information.

Just thought I'd throw that in if nobody has yet.

B

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back