Newbie intro

@Jools I wish I could take credit its from the Rolling Stones song, "Salt of the Earth" Mick Jagger and Keith Richards wrote it. Every time I read stories about war I always think of that song, about saying a prayer for the common foot soldier as well as all who have served their country in war. I am so sorry I read your pm and I have been so busy getting ready to move out to Denver Colorado that it doesn't seem to have enough hours in the day! But I promise I'll make time to get back to you and @Nikolas. I would love to read your poems and your book, and it could be cathartic to finish the book for your father. I know I would be the first one to buy it. As I truly love reading stories about your father as well as @PTFC fathers in the Faulklands. But that is a new chapter for me in my learning about military history because it's so much new info it will take time to learn but great reading so far. I basically studied WWII and WWI. But I can't get enough about history always so much to learn! I hope you have a fantastic day. And a great weekend! I'm so happy that this board has been a good distraction from the anniversary of your fathers death yesterday. Give all those Maine coon cats a great big hug from me! Love ya Jools!

Yeah @Jools and @Conceited, Sheffield and Coventry were hit by sea skimming Exocets, CIWS, Close In Weapons System, wasn't as advanced as later on, in fact many lessons were learned from this conflict, the US Navy was extremely interested though Reagan had doubts about our success, though as Jools said, the US provided some good intelligence, Chile was our ally at the time and kept many of the Argentine land forces busy on tierra del fuego in a border dispute akso. Our intelligence services done much work also, 4 Argentinians were arrested in Spain during the conflict, heading for Gibraltar with the intention of sinking a royal Naval vessel with limpet mines if I recall too, they were sent back to Argentina from Spain I think, but it is well documented. Of course the Navy is well slimlined since them and I wont feel secure/Happy until both the carriers or at least HMS Queen Elizabeth is up and running, then the frigates will be well on their way to be commissioned hopefully too, giving us a pretty hefty punch of sea power again. There was no need to decommission our 3 previous carriers though and sell every last Harrier we had left to the US, who still use them! And I would have liked more than 5 type 45's, BUT, in a time of economic uncertainty, it will do. The large garrison of Marines on Falklands, plus a hunter killer, and a destroyer/frigate (south Atlantic patrol is Boooooring!) around is deterrent enough for now. 

@Jools Sorry for the mistake. Got carried away writing.  

@PTFC Can't see them trying to have another go at capturing that place.  Even though a lot of noise from the argies suggests otherwise. It was never theirs before the British sent an expeditionary force in the 1800's, which was the first time the island  was settled apparently. The Portuguese were the first to discover it, but never landed their. Then I think the Dutch stopped off their for a bit but left before Britain  took control. Suppose know its all about the natural resources that are meant undersea.     

Yeah, @Conceited, their country didn't even exist until about 1823, so the claim falls apart. They did "Promise" to gain control through peaceful means however. This is from the country in South America with the least amount of indigenous people's and a population made up of almost entirely European ancestry.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. CnC5 @ CnC5: Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Check out our new post on our thread ✨️✌️
  2. A @ AnnaSofia: Hi all hope everyone’s having an above average weekend.
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  4. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  5. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  6. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  7. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  8. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  9. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  11. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  12. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  13. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  14. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  15. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  16. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  17. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  18. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  19. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  20. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
Back