POSITIVES OF PLASTIC SURGERY

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

KATHY IRELAND 1990'S

350-1-Kathy_Ireland.jpg

KATHY IRELAND 2010

abc_kathy_ireland_090816_main.jpg

Breast implants are the most predictable for future alteration and attention. Like any foreign objects in the body, they'll eventually be surrounded by scar tissue, which can make breasts hard and painful. That's why every decade or two, depending on the patient, most implants need to be replaced. While 300,000 women receive implants annually, 25,000 have them removed. It's strictly a function of time. Knowing these statistics I don't know if I'd ever consider it as a woman. Also women who get implants are 2 to 3 times more likely to commit suicide because of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) - exaggerated concern over aspects of one's appearance.

Google Suzanne Summers and breast augmentation as she has brought stem cell breast procedures to america...

Breast implants are the most predictable for future alteration and attention. Like any foreign objects in the body, they'll eventually be surrounded by scar tissue, which can make breasts hard and painful. That's why every decade or two, depending on the patient, most implants need to be replaced. While 300,000 women receive implants annually, 25,000 have them removed. It's strictly a function of time. Knowing these statistics I don't know if I'd ever consider it as a woman. Also women who get implants are 2 to 3 times more likely to commit suicide because of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) - exaggerated concern over aspects of one's appearance.
I'm opposed to breast implants as a whole. someone close to me is considering it, and someone else close to me has had the procedure.

I sit on the fence, as i do with most things, but genuinely think that showing someone the positives of their body is important, but then saying that if they honestly feel they'd be happier with a different shape/size etc then to consider it. I'm not sure what it's like with these private plastic surgery clinics but TV/media portrayals often look like it's a bit of a walk-in/consult/operating table type of deal. i dont feel comfortable ever taking large amounts of money from someone who's giving it to me impulsively - not only because it's not fair to take advantage of their emotive desire towards what they're buying from me (i sell wedding services, so kind of a big deal) but also they 9 times out of ten will buy, the feeling wares off and they want to take it back and get something else.

as for the positives, plastic surgery DEFINITELY has a place in the world. burn victims - birth defects etc. all good uses for plastic surgery. but personally i dont like the thought of changing anyones body.

can i ask if anyone thinks it's a psychological or asthetic issue?

do people get plastic surgery because they want it to look nice for them, or for other people?

can anyone genuinely say that their happy 100% with their body?

isn't that just being human? would it be possible to council anyone into liking their body part in question?

I'm not intending on convincing my friend to change her mind, just said that i love her and her body's amazing, (smoking) and i'll stand by her no matter what she does.

i do a good?

I am. a woman of nearly six foot in stature. when I was in high school and before in middle school, so very much of the food that I consumed went into my taking upwards stretches. by the time I was 18 years old, I had a chest so flat you could have landed a plane on it without a bit of turbulence. I was dating an a****** who kept suggesting augmentation to me. I had never really considered it before. However, despite the fact that I had never consummated our relationship, he used his tuition to go to Berklee School of Music, or some of it, to pay for breast augmentation for me. I am now 33 years old. They used saline as during that time silicone had been taken off the market and has now been reintroduced. I had the surgery which placed the implant underneath the muscle tissue. I can tell you now that upon waking, I wanted to die of agony. I had previously had a compound fracture of my tibia and fibula in my right leg, and was completely conscious during my ride to the ambulance and to the hospital from there. This in no way compared to the pain that I felt from the weight of the hospital sheet upon my chest. my aunt has had her implants and for approximately 40 years. She has received some calcification around the implants, which is certainly more common when you do not have them placed beneath the muscle wall.  if I were to do it all over again, knowing the pain, I probably would not consider it. They were swollen so very much that they were shiny, the way that a sprained ankle is, and rock hard simply from the swelling. We have all seen how rough the doctors are during breast augmentation surgery. However, I can tell you that I am now 33 years old, and despite the fact that I went in requesting a large C cup from a literal no Cup, the doctor did talk me into something that would be more realistic on my slender frame. I have a very large B cup which borders on a small C.. depending on the bra. the calcification buildup, or scar tissue as some people refer to it only occurs if they are not being handled. As young as I was, I had them in only approximately three and one half months before I entered basic training. I was frightened for a long time as they seemed to sit like marble rocks beneath my clothing. This was because there was still quite a bit of tenderness and I was frightened to handle them whatsoever..I believe that the two and one-half mile run everyday was a sufficient substitute for fondling lol. Now that I have been in a relationship for many many years, and even had a child which I had the option of breastfeeding, you would never know that they are not genuine. They flip and flop and fall to the side when I lie down. Even 10 plus years later, I can get away with not wearing a bra and there has been no shifting whatsoever. There is nothing like it with regards to pain. & I am someone who has had my fair share of absolutely excruciating agony. The doctor that I chose was a doctor who had been board certified and often fixed the botched augmentations of exotic dancers who traveled from another state who had above the muscle Implant stacking. What I mean by this, is that they had more than one implant put in on each side, bilaterally. And when this is done, they tend to shift as there is no adhesion between the two implants. Once I found out that he was essentially saving these women from disfigurement, it was him that I decided to go with.I also felt extremely, almost exponentially, more comfortable once he told me that my original hi C idea would not fit my frame and would make me look structurally unsound. Lol I weigh about one hundred and forty pounds and he has turned out to be absolutely correct. So I had them in when I was 18. And they are almost 15 years old at this point. I certainly went long periods of time without handling or fondling, and did not receive any type of build up around the implant. Again, I believe this happens less frequently when it is placed below the muscle because it is a much more vascular area. is it painful? If I had known just how very painful it was, I would have run out of the hospital screaming before the procedure. But am I happy that I went through with it? I am very happy. I'm not someone that you would look at and think, oh my god, look at the rack on her. But, for my own sense of femininity, I am happy that the scumbag I was dating at the time decided to splurge. funny thing is, after he went down to school, I took a train to go and visit him and he had began to act like some art school yuppie. I took a train home before he got out of work from Starbucks, and he has never till this day even seen the outcome of the $6000 he spent.

Also. I just ate a box of lucky charms...with regards to body dysmorphic disorder....Im good. ;-)

Just now realized this is 3 yrs old. Im used to talking to mahself tho

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife wants new boobs.   I'm kind of against it actually.  They are ample, 36C, but after the kids she just wants them firmed up.   I think she'll eventually talk me in to it.   If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

My wife wants new boobs.   I'm kind of against it actually.  They are ample, 36C, but after the kids she just wants them firmed up.   I think she'll eventually talk me in to it.   If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
Ok_ this is prob TMI but whatever.  After kids my boobs, never really that big anyway, looked HORRIBLE! And I'm talking about I could not wear normal Tshirts or sweaters bc both were SO saggy plus one shrunk to a size A and the other one was still a B+. It  looked like a deformity, seriously.  I saw a photo of myself at a wedding wearing a sweater dress and my chest was at my waist. Lopsided. I never wanted big boobs bc I am small anyway plus I was a huge runner then and they get in the way of exercising.  And I always liked a little more of a "sleek look".  To each his own.

So anyway, I just got those puppies lifted up and it was no big deal! Very little pain. Next to no downtime. I literally didn't have to wear a bra they were so perfectly positioned! There was a very small scar running vertically from the base of the breast up but it was faded enough after a year it is barely visible. This has been 20 years ago and gravity has set in a little but not much. Let's just say I wish my face sagged as little as my boobs do! 

Moral of this story- tell her to research a lift only if she is happy with the overall size. It was one of the BEST decisions I've ever made as far as something to enhance my self esteem. 

my girlfriend when I lived elsewhere was looking into having a breast lift. She was told it left you with an anchor scar a vertical incision which went from midline beneath your nipple to just under your breast and then the incision underneath the actual breast itself. It sounds as though you only have the scar from the incision beneath the fold of your breast, is that correct? And Mr Crowley, if it's within your budget, sometimes despite the fact that you may love her with all your heart the way that she is, she may be feeling inadequate and that can lead to depression. Just make sure to find someone who is board certified. My implants came with a lifetime warranty. That way, if either of them should burst for any reason, I would only have to pay the hospital fee and the surgical fee of less than $1000 to have it put back in again or replaced. If she is only looking to have a lift, it is 10 times less detrimental than having actual implants put in. But I have had mine for ages and I've had no problems whatsoever besides the initial feeling of having a crane parked on my chest upon waking up out of anesthesia. Lol.

Yes. II had a scar running vertically from the nipple to the bottom of the breast. BUT- it is totally NOT noticeable and hasn't been since I hit year one. Now, I was married and thought I would be forever when I had it done. I knew (thought) my ex would be the only one who saw it so the scar didn't bother me at all. Now, it is invisible. Maybe I've for good skin but I've never thought particularly so.  I would totally recommend a lift if one is happy with the size of the breasts.  I have nothing against implants- just not for me personally. 

I could be a plastic surgery junkie if I 1) could afford it  and 2) wasn't afraid I would end up looking like a freak.  I can't and I am so--- a little botox and filler is all that's on my To Do list. 

Yes. II had a scar running vertically from the nipple to the bottom of the breast. BUT- it is totally NOT noticeable and hasn't been since I hit year one. Now, I was married and thought I would be forever when I had it done. I knew (thought) my ex would be the only one who saw it so the scar didn't bother me at all. Now, it is invisible. Maybe I've for good skin but I've never thought particularly so.  I would totally recommend a lift if one is happy with the size of the breasts.  I have nothing against implants- just not for me personally. 

I could be a plastic surgery junkie if I 1) could afford it  and 2) wasn't afraid I would end up looking like a freak.  I can't and I am so--- a little botox and filler is all that's on my To Do list. 
I wish my friend had known that the scar would fade so quickly. But then, her boobs were already excellent. she may have been one who actually had an unreasonable expectation of her body. Absolutely beautiful girl. She didn't need it anyways, so maybe it's good but the thought of the scar frightened her. I'm glad you are happy with your outcome. now I just need to listen to my mom and start using cream at night and stop furrowing my brow. ;-)

i'm in my 30s, no kids, wear a b cup, and took BC pills for 15 years which made my breasts larger.  since discontiuing the BC pills my breasts have changed / reduced in size.  i'd like to get them lifted just a bit, just a teeny tiny bit.  reading this thread kind of scares me though.  does anyone here know what the recovery time is like for a small lift?  i considered getting implants but i'm under 5 feet tall and would look ridiculous with anything above a b cup.

Dont be Afraid. My pain was exacerbated by running two miles. I love my breats now. A lift seems more what u would prefer..pm Roger. She can discuss in better detail the recovery

SB thank you for sharing your experience! And the ex boyfriend thing is funny. At least he was good for something haha /default_smile.png My ex was going to pay for mine - then I found out he had a wife in a different state so I took out the trash  

I'm a 32b. I just want to go up a bit in size, and also my boobs grew in slightly uneven. No one has ever noticed, but it's always bothered me. I would like to be a true C cup. What I don't want is an almost D cup. So many variables that can affect the outcome. Hopefully within 5 years I'll get them done! 

Dont be Afraid. My pain was exacerbated by running two miles. I love my breats now. A lift seems more what u would prefer..pm Roger. She can discuss in better detail the recovery
​thanks very much /default_cool.png

I will never regret getting my implants. I had pretty much nothing and hated the way tops and dresses fit me. I got mine in 1996 and they dramatically improved my self esteem. My only issue now is that I wanna get them redone but can't afford it. I'm a bit paranoid that something bad is going to happen and then I'm going to need to get them removed and then be flat again. A couple of years ago, I was attacked by a dog and she grazed the left implant and now it feels like there is a little bubble right there. I guess I better start saving now cause I am not going back to flat!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back