Protonmail warning message

@Mushy

I've never had contact with olart in any way, though I got the scam mails. After this, I've made myself a new account and only informed one vend from here and got the same mails again. 

So I guess this has to be someone of "us" who has access to the vendor threads and email-addresses, no? But wow and especially 'why' the person is doing this is another question. 

But I think it actually is deeper than we think.
You mean different emails you got the standard phjishing emails to get your login so did i. But people have been getting fake btc wallet addresses in email chains from suppliers

I can't edit my suggestion post above, but obviously always update your computer/phone and browser and do not run a operating system that doesn't have current updates/security patches available for it.  That ESPECIALLY goes for all you PC users both because they are infinitely more vulnerable and also seeing as Windows 7 just got obsoleted....

Apparently this method of attack by compromising a machine and then inserting replies in pre-existing email threads is quite common:

https://www.cyberscoop.com/hacking-hijack-palo-alto-networks-spearphishing/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/this-sneaky-phishing-attack-hijacks-your-chats-to-spread-malware/

https://healthitsecurity.com/news/emotet-trojan-resurfaces-hijacking-email-content-from-victims

Last edited by a moderator:
The domain olatpharrna does not exist. So its clearly a spoofed email. Have you got the headers for that email?

What does the reply to header say?
I have the full headers to all the phishing emails I received, can post to pastebin or where ever you like. If you can DM me that's fine too.
TL;DR is that the return path for all are protonmail addresses.

Last edited:
Looks like Protonmail finally got around to sending out a "Your email was part of a phishing attack" email!!  Link to their blog posting about preventing phishing attacks: Prevention.

With any end-to-end encrypted email service you have to accept that security can't be as robust as commercial email services. For example, Gmail logs the shit out of everything you do, including every IP address you use plus every device and browser. This way they can warn you if your account is accessed from a new device or a suspicious IP address. ProtonMail and other end-to-end encrypted email services don't do this, and rightfully so. Anonymity is a bigger priority, so they log as little about you as possible making phishing attacks much more difficult to detect. As long as you have the correct username and password, nothing else matters. They can't check and warn you if your account is logged in from a new device or a suspicious IP because they don't log that stuff in the first place, it's a compromise you just have to accept for wanting to remain anonymous. However, 2FA is something that, IMO, ProtonMail should enable by default on all accounts. It would have prevented all the recent phishing attacks and in-keeping with anonymity, ProtonMail don't require a mobile phone number, they use third party 2FA apps like Authy or Google Authenticator to generate 2FA codes. It's essential that anyone using end-to-end encrypted email also use 2FA, ProtonMail or otherwise. 

I have the full headers to all the phishing emails I received, can post to pastebin or where ever you like. If you can DM me that's fine too.
TL;DR is that the return path for all are protonmail addresses.
It depends i dont need the headers for the phishing emails its more the enail in the screeshot above where the scammer seems to jump into the middle of an email chain with his own spoofed email that interested me

@tellme   Is this really true?  I never heard of the p0lic3 being able to spy on prot0n and tut@nota?
There's no legal requirement for companies operating under a MLAT to comply with a government agency to create a backdoor in an end-to-end encrypted service. Rumours of open source platforms (which both ProtonMail and Tutanota are) installing secret backdoor's are just that, rumours.

There's no legal requirement for companies operating under a MLAT to comply with a government agency to create a backdoor in an end-to-end encrypted service. Rumours of open source platforms (which both ProtonMail and Tutanota are) installing secret backdoor's are just that, rumours.
No. A German court forced Tutanota to providing a back door for authorities, as explained in this (unfurtunately German) news artice: https://www.sueddeutsche.de/digital/tutanota-verschluesselung-e-mail-ueberwachung-polizei-1.4676988

You a right that Switzerland handles this differently. No backdoors but ProtonMail is forced to provide police with mail box content of users if demanded  by a court. Also, ProtonMail are obliged to provide police real-time access to mailboxes if a court demands it.

MLAT means that a foreign country can ask for that and that a Swiss court will approve that. See ProtonMails trsparency report, it proves that Switzerland has become a cooperative country: https://protonmail.com/blog/transparency-report/

Legisltion in Iceland still values privacy and is be the best place for anonymous mail and web hosting, To give an example: Iceland did not sign any MLAT treatiy, and while e.g. Tutanota must keep deleted emails stored for six months, in Iceland, if an email was deleted, it is immediately gone.

The times, they are changing...

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. So bout 2 weeks ago after a sketch back n forth with eu i preempteviley deleted permanently my prtnmail and simultanously my device gave up the ghost so was not on here ... fast fwd to now having magazine show up and vendor apparently gone ... gonna have to consider myself somewhat burned even though it came through and a bit uneasy about diving into the reading materials without independent testing... luckily i think i am all set for a while and can wait for testing 

Tl;dr went away and came back to this shitstorm ... damn

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY GUYS - -Either my HPPD has finally driven me psychotic, or I just had a couple of emails from the scammer pretending to be a vendor I had contacted!

I posted in the respective vendor’s thread, but he’s in the private section so I will post here too. In the morning, I will give the details on what made me think it’s the scammer, but the main part is the language style didn’t match. 

Scammer is at it again

Received email 'lockandload"

Pretending to be a reputable vendor here

Beware!

Scammer is at it again

Received email 'lockandload"

Pretending to be a reputable vendor here

Beware!
likewise, just came here to post this exact same thing. also received a second one from "support team" wanting to verify a phone number that obviously isn't mine. stay safe out there.

I got another scam email too from olart but with a fake email and a confirm my number email
I have a feeling this is gonna go on for awhile so everyone make sure you dot your i's and cross your t's when dealing with any vendor .Myself I deleted my proton email and started fresh with a new one .I am using this one as a test email to see if I get any open scams from vendors here .I am going to start to contact everyone to try and find out who is compromised. I started a new proton because my old one did get compromised.

Stay safe everyone

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back