Security measures

2earls

Moderators.
@porkandbeansboy recently you were asking me about advice on how to order securely and I thought I would open this topic so that others can give advice. 

When it comes to security everyone has very different levels of concern. I'm at the end of the spectrum where I don't go to great lengths to hide anything so not the ideal person to ask if you are on the other end of the spectrum. 

For years I have used Gmail and only within the last few months did I finally get a Protonmail account and I did this so I can communicate with the vendors who prefer that you have one. I don't use Tor either as I don't visit the dark web.

Now I am sure there are some members who will think I'm crazy and others who are just like me. Maybe it will be interesting to find out what measures our members do or don't take to cover their tracks?

Great topic @2earls!! Me, personally, I’m like 2earls. Started out using gmail (separate acct from my every day, usual one), then recently got protonmail b/c some vendors prefer more security measures. And since I don’t know hardly anything about computers and such, I wouldn’t even be able to begin to know how to be more secure other than mail sources like proton. 

With that being said, even some vendors use Gmail and other ‘old’ mail sources, and some who only work with extremely secure mail sites and such. 

So, for me, I try to be careful but a good portion of my decisions is based on how secure the vendor prefers to be. Just my experience from it all. 

Great topic @2earls!! Me, personally, I’m like 2earls. Started out using gmail (separate acct from my every day, usual one), then recently got protonmail b/c some vendors prefer more security measures. And since I don’t know hardly anything about computers and such, I wouldn’t even be able to begin to know how to be more secure other than mail sources like proton. 

With that being said, even some vendors use Gmail and other ‘old’ mail sources, and some who only work with extremely secure mail sites and such. 

So, for me, I try to be careful but a good portion of my decisions is based on how secure the vendor prefers to be. Just my experience from it all. 
Pay for a good VPN and always have it on.

if you don’t know what a VPN is the. my advice would be to do a little research on them. :)  

Last edited:
I’m very much like @2earls and @Sunrise81 I use gmail I have two different accounts but I’ll happily use either what’s the difference they aren’t work related which will always remain confidential. I have proton for vendors who prefer to contact via. That’s literally it. I’m experienced and careful with who I work with  and who I give my details too so that goes far with my decision making. Common sense goes a long way.

Why the need for a VPN? 

My philosophy is unless you are dealing with quantities that go waaaaay waaaaaay waaaaaaay beyond the realms of personal use then relax. The authorities with their very limited resources are a bit busy going after the big cheddar. Well that’s the way it is in the UK anyway. You’ll never find/read a story about someone being early morning raided for personal use. And you’ll be amazed what is classed as. 

R

The data that google collects on your email should actually scare the shit out of you.  I pulled my account last year and went into panic mode.  For a sample just take a look here:"  https://myaccount.google.com/purchases " It pretty much has a purchase history of all transactions from most vendors.  If your Dr. sent anything that resembled an invoice chances are it is in there.

So they collect information on your purchase history to then use so you are exposed to certain ads. Quick tip always make sure your microphone is off on your apps this method is also used to collect data . Yes big brother is watching and I’m not entirely comfortable with it either but it’s too short to live one of paranoia and conspiracies. I am merely a piss drop in the ocean in terms of a security risk that’s why I can sleep comfortably. The black helicopters won’t be descending any time soon.  

@Sunrise81 I think what I’ve just written is what he is meaning. We have given up our right to privacy through our use of modern technology without actually being aware of it as these practices are well either buried deep in t&c’s or just not spoken about but are well known. I personally couldn’t give a flying f’k because I know I live life on my terms as I am sure you do,  but there are those that are deep down the rabbit hole on this one. Chem trails, flat earth moon landing, dinosaurs aren’t real, big foot lol. The illuminati and a new world order. Bullshit basically.

There are certain conspiracy theory’s that are true but most are just that and I’ve got more important things in life (live it) then to concern myself with who really controls the world, government mind control. And even how my data is used.

Rx

@bdrc36...huh? 🤔 Please clarify cause I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. 🤷‍♀️
We live in a world just like in the novel 1984.. well we are well on the path. And the powers that be did it  without having to fire a weapon at us to comply.  We gave them all our info on everything and everyone through social media,  web searches and anything you do that can be tracked.  

All that info is saved and stored. Now wait till quantum computing/A.I can sort through all this info in real time and predict what you will do next.  Similar to minority report.  Info is power now, not money or anything else. 

Whomever discovers  a true A.I will be the next true great superpower,  why do you think trillions is being dumped into this tech my the Chinese, Russians and anyone who wants any future part in this world. 

The data that google collects on your email should actually scare the shit out of you.  I pulled my account last year and went into panic mode.  For a sample just take a look here:"  https://myaccount.google.com/purchases " It pretty much has a purchase history of all transactions from most vendors.  If your Dr. sent anything that resembled an invoice chances are it is in there.
I don’t see a single thing on mine. It’s all about using a VPN, which browser you use, etc... 

Last edited:
I’m very much like @2earls and @Sunrise81 I use gmail I have two different accounts but I’ll happily use either what’s the difference they aren’t work related which will always remain confidential. I have proton for vendors who prefer to contact via. That’s literally it. I’m experienced and careful with who I work with  and who I give my details too so that goes far with my decision making. Common sense goes a long way.

Why the need for a VPN? 

My philosophy is unless you are dealing with quantities that go waaaaay waaaaaay waaaaaaay beyond the realms of personal use then relax. The authorities with their very limited resources are a bit busy going after the big cheddar. Well that’s the way it is in the UK anyway. You’ll never find/read a story about someone being early morning raided for personal use. And you’ll be amazed what is classed as. 

R
Why the need for a VPN? See my previous post.

Started with safe-mail still use and proton. Most vpns are a scam to steal bandwidth from you. If you’re not a seller and are ordering personal don’t worry about it imo.

Why the need for a VPN? See my previous post.
Choosing to use Gmail and no VPN is basically maximum potential risk you put yourself at ( for no reason ) and with a company (google) who has all your emails...who directly shares with government....People undervalue privacy, clearly you aren't worried about your operational security which is fine. However, I am of the belief of protecting my own security is same as someone who is unable to enjoy security benefits. VPN's are not created equal. Tor is brilliant, especially with the DDOS fix...

If you don't use a VPN in 2019 is laziness. Especially when we are talking $3 a month for Premium...for which you can actually exceed your own provider's cap, privacy while browsing, breaking attachment from your internet browsing with a static IP very easily traced backed to you.

Started with safe-mail still use and proton. Most vpns are a scam to steal bandwidth from you. If you’re not a seller and are ordering personal don’t worry about it imo.
I call BS. I can see Amazon purchases and other purchases where I wasn’t using a VPN.

There are ZERO transactions when I was using one. Even if you’re ordering for “personal use” it’s still very illegal.

I call BS. I can see Amazon purchases and other purchases where I wasn’t using a VPN.

There are ZERO transactions when I was using one. Even if you’re ordering for “personal use” it’s still very illegal.
LOL...that's because It's data on their server...but sign into amazon from....Poland...see if you don't get a text from Amazon...Why I wonder?? oh ya..Your IP is foreign..But conversely...I can bypass any firewall, in any country, and honestly as it turns on automatically for cell and computer...its so simple..and it even has a kill switch for torrenting...or weird shit..

LOL...that's because It's data on their server...but sign into amazon from....Poland...see if you don't get a text from Amazon...Why I wonder?? oh ya..Your IP is foreign..But conversely...I can bypass any firewall, in any country, and honestly as it turns on automatically for cell and computer...its so simple..and it even has a kill switch for torrenting...or weird shit..
It’s not just Amazon. It’s even purchase I’ve ever made from that computer.

@SleepyMonkey I am not sure you know what a VPN does..and what it does not do...It just hides your actual physical location, and how sites collect data and what data they can see...a shield more or less..

Now, we all have tracking chips next to our balls AKA our phone...but It seems the understanding on VPNs was a bit off kilter..I hope that explanation makes more sense...I can login to my bank account from every continent without getting out of my chair...I can be in New York but to the world, it looks like I am in South Africa(That's what a VPN is at it's core) 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back