Silkroad Busted. Dpr Arrested. Site And Servers Taken Over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i seen this on the new the other day. I am surprised it took them this long to bust them. But, we all know something similar will be back shortly lol.

Hi Jewy,

In your post above, you wrote, "The one effect that I do foresee coming out of this is further growth in membership, as well as vendor participation here on DBG."   I have a question and I ask out of ignorance.  Do vendors participate on DBG directly masquerading as members?   If so, would you and Heis know?   

For example, I know in the real estate market, when one posts or puts up an advertisement for a property they are required by some US state laws to identify themselves as a licensed brokers.   Yeah, I know we're a long way from home on that comment, but if vendors start participating where they were not in the past, how would you control the content?   

You also wrote, "SR was a direct market place. Sort of the pharmaceutical equivalent of a flea market, which is distinctly different that DBG, which is a community and message board for the sharing of information only, with no direct commerce taking place, which is an extremely important distinction." 

Should vendors participate, identifying themselves as such, how would you prevent certain vendors from dumping their lists on the site turning DBG into the very thing we want to avoid?

Regards,

PR

Hi Jewy,

In your post above, you wrote, "The one effect that I do foresee coming out of this is further growth in membership, as well as vendor participation here on DBG."   I have a question and I ask out of ignorance.  Do vendors participate on DBG directly masquerading as members?   If so, would you and Heis know?   

For example, I know in the real estate market, when one posts or puts up an advertisement for a property they are required by some US state laws to identify themselves as a licensed brokers.   Yeah, I know we're a long way from home on that comment, but if vendors start participating where they were not in the past, how would you control the content?   

You also wrote, "SR was a direct market place. Sort of the pharmaceutical equivalent of a flea market, which is distinctly different that DBG, which is a community and message board for the sharing of information only, with no direct commerce taking place, which is an extremely important distinction." 

Should vendors participate, identifying themselves as such, how would you prevent certain vendors from dumping their lists on the site turning DBG into the very thing we want to avoid?

Regards,

PR
Well, to begin with, it would be illogical of me to claim that there are never vendors who pose as members here on DBG, as there's simply no way to be certain of that at all times, given the availability of proxies and other forms of anonymity tools. However, any member found to be "peddling their wares" here on DBG, either covertly or in the open, have been, and will continue to be, swiftly disciplined and / or banned from the community. That being said, it also has been, and will continue to be, our firm and absolute policy that vendors DO NOT participate as what I call "social", or full members here on DBG. Vendor accounts are permitted, but only to monitor their own threads, and to post replies to customer questions specific to their products / services only. As to question two, that's essentially a non-issue, given our policy on vendor participation. As previously stated, vendor participation is limited to answering direct questions regarding ONLY their products and services, and it is also our standing policy to NOT allow product lists / menus to be posted on DBG under any circumstances. We are, and will remain, an information sharing resource and community of friends only.

Oh, and one other point to bear in mind is that SR transactions were consummated directly through the SR website, in similar fashion to Ebay, to allow for them to scrape out their commission. Vendor transactions will never be consummated (payments made, orders submitted, etc.) here on DBG, nor directly through DBG in any way, shape or form, which is one of, if not the most important factor in maintaining the distinction between 1st Amendment protected free speech resource and material participant in any suspect activity as a direct marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jewy, thanks so much for the prompt response. I realize you can't prevent a vendor from becoming a member and catch everything all of the time.  I didn't realize there were specific DBG rules for vendor participation - that's good. I also didn't understand how SR operated and now understand.

Regards,

PR

Jewy, thanks so much for the prompt response. I realize you can't prevent a vendor from becoming a member and catch everything all of the time. I didn't realize there were specific DBG rules for vendor participation - that's good. I also didn't understand how SR operated and now understand.

Regards,

PR
No worries PR, that's what this middle aged flea bag is here for!

do any vendors actually have vendor accounts here? Ive yet to see any, would be nice tho..I think itd keep a lot of trash out of threads as far as rhetorical questions. well that could also just be accomplished by reading but that doesn't seem too popular on forums in general

do any vendors actually have vendor accounts here? Ive yet to see any, would be nice tho..I think itd keep a lot of trash out of threads as far as rhetorical questions. well that could also just be accomplished by reading but that doesn't seem too popular on forums in general
LOL, yes, you make a valid literary point my good medicated man. As for vendor accounts, they're allowed, although Admin has a policy restricting vendor / members post activity to only answering questions posted in their thread. I remember a few lesser known vendors applying for accounts, but to my knowledge, none have ever posted in their threads, and I don't believe there are any currently active vendor accounts, at least not that I've seen. To be honest, it seems to have been more a lack of interest on vendor's parts as opposed to any objection to them having accounts, outside of the one limitation previously noted.

Another issue they're going to have, even if they are ultimately successful in completing the transfer, is in monetizing the Bitcoins and cashing them out without imploding the market value. It's just like any other stock or commodity. You dump 5% of any commodity or security on the market at one time, and the price will tank. It's all in the financial structure my friend, all in the structure. Had DPR had a good merchant / investment banker, they'd still be looking for the first penny, but hey, I'm just a Wookie. What do I know?!

I don't now much about the laws regarding these types of things, but as far as vendor accounts it would seem to me they best be operated on their own website. That would make the distinction between free speech and co-conspirator even stronger. I know some vendors don't have websites, and really can't, which made the Mex section so hard to get what is known to be true and honest feedback. I never needed the wares they offer but felt it was wrong to dismiss a claim of not getting orders when nobody could really know for sure. It made some members look like agents when coming to the defense of those vendors. Even though I've never used any of them it just didn't look right to dismiss a claim of undelivered products when only the two people involved know for sure what happened. I believe that situation has been worked out, as one who doesn't use a vendor section I quit following all the topics but I haven't heard any complaints through the grapevine.

But back on this topic, it was indeed wonderful to have a mod with the foresight to shut down talk about TSR and all topics related to them like BC's and +or. It's best for our members to have LE look here and say, "Well, they're only talking about small stuff, no need to spend resources concentrating on them. Especially when we have this brilliant idiot who is not smart enough to think deleting something means we can't retrieve it." IMO the best way to delete something that damning from a hard drive is with a hammer. I wouldn't trust even military grade deletion on a topic that severe.

Also great to have another mod who knows a wee bit about law too. Seems to know enough that he got the degree and not get in the business, preferring to practice something akin to football on ice and then making money in the background of sports. Where you don't have to risk a life altering injury to get a paycheck. At least that's my understanding of the Wookies business practice.

Whether that part is close or not doesn't matter, having them on our side helping us and DBG, is all that really matters. +1 to both of you guys. 

If they can make a movie about Facebook they can make a great movie about this! I read this evening there has been 8 arrests so far of users/vendors in the uk/us

1.4 trillion dollars for the war on drugs well spent.  Has anyone but me actually ever read the @n@rchist c@@kb@@k?  This is just another day in the park, the only difference, IMO is that there a lot more people alive today as compared to 40 years ago.  If a guy wants 2cp, fuck man, let him buy it at the 2cp market and have a blast. Sorry I have to stop now or I'll start gettin all political.  Good posts peeples

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd sure hate to be a now-former SR vendor right about now, presuming the evidentiary claims are accurate. And I did a double take when I read that DPR was being represented by a public defender. Likely trying to avoid exposing his assets by retaining a defense team, but I think I'd take that risk if I were facing these charges. Putting his life in the hands of a PD doesn't seem like the wisest move, but then again, that's just one Wookie's opinion.

Damn. I have always been a fan and supporter I but tried never to get to involved to deeply. Glad I didn't.  I haven't visited for a long while. There have been so many false alarms that I backed off. It always seemed like the whole thing was to good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back