Temgesic for codeine addiction

• Thread starter Thread starter Gai73
  • Start date Start date
guysi have a question i cant get a definitive answer. but is there a difference between codeen sulfate and codeen phosphate?  is it ppossible for one to have different side effects than the other in your experience?
Its the same....relax!

Failed. Cant do it. I havent approached but know my gp will not help me. I have tried over the last 8yrs and they have done taper plans but id be back looking help sixmonths later. I know i soulnd like a pussy as its only codin but the sleeplessness i cant take. In 2013 i didn't sleep for 6 whole days and nights

but i have started to take itseriously

this week i set a and achieved a small goal iset but i cant ask my gp for help as they pretty much said its not working.  I could use their help with help to sleep because meltonin wouldnt work for me in withdrawal. I need sone sort of benzo but as im an addict in his eyes he wouldnt give me anything other than an antidepreasant tra z a don. I am not an addict of sleeping pills which would really help me. the same way im not an addict of booze or gambling sex or the internet. I am at my last straw because of the refusal for medicine that can help but prohibited due to codeine. The sleepless nights will surely send me back  to the code in the end

Also

Does anyone in the uk know of a secondary care place for addicts?

its not that im dr shopping but the shame hes a nice guy but like all docs im sure he is sick of me and is no way going to prescribe sleeping pills which i can go get myself anyway

Last edited:
It might be worth changing practices gai, see a new GP. If you really are gonna go for it this time, a fresh face to discuss things with could be benficial. Failing that, speak to your own GP about possible referral to any addiction clinics, or even call NHS 24 for advice or perhaps visit their website, there are a myriad of links to organisations who could maybe help. Failing that, it's buy your own and DIY. But it really is benficial to be under med supervision if it doesn't intrude to much on your day to day life. I've been there with the Cods before, and I find it a great help to find something new to do to help replace the "boredom" of not taking them or something else. That's harder than it sounds though. But you seem really determined this time, this could be time you knock it on the head for good. I'm here if you want to bounce any ideas off me as others are also. 

If you go to an addiction clinic they will say "residential rehab, or  maintenance script." Its your choice if you can't DIY.  They will probably try putting you on a script imo.  

Thanks guys been looking for NI based places which are like old victorian convents , there is a world of difference in services where i live. We are part of UK but the health service is a shambles this past few weeks they have slashed the mental health budget (to maintain their wages id imagine) AND vetod a democratically voted for same sex marriage. I dont care what sexuality a person is myself but having a government like that reflects the overall mood and tone of the priorities.

Just a wierd lost confused feeling. Addicted to codeine even though its lost its edge. Take dramatic amounts and need to stop. Am going to give oxhyee a go or possibly tea. Has anyone experience with the tea is it advisable or dangerous

Last edited:
There's a thread or two on the tea you can have a look at gai. In the herbs that have drug like effects section. This is quite a difficult situation all the same, as opiates go, Cods are bottom of the pile, almost anything else is stronger, or going up the scale so to speak. I'd proceed with caution. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gai73 please just stop the cod by CT (it will be a shit week but only a week) or taper slowly.

I think you think along the same lines as me and that's why tapering won't work.

If I take my DOC and don't get that buzz I expect I take more, end off.

CT from codeine is safe and will be much milder than any other opiate/oid, even tea.

Keep us updated whatever route you take an take what everyone says with a pinch of salt regardless of how much we all want to help. Only you know your own body. 

Good luck mate.

I think im gonna go try buprenorphine. i have failed so many tines to wean off and its so easy to go and buy cod. If i do the bupr way ill have to stick to it as its not as readily available, i only have to take it once a day etc. im not bothered about it being longterm as i am already a long term failure withdrawal wise. I need a new angle. Has anyone ever dine this with their gp? I think in eligible but am wondering if anyone has ever been refused this option or what the prqctical aspects of it are. I have to admit doing the research today i felt a glimmer of hope....thanks again.

My head has been all over the place been experimenting to find a balance. I think at least today bup maybe the way to go. I do have a weak control over it. Maybe the bup will provide the discipline i need.

I think im gonna go try buprenorphine. i have failed so many tines to wean off and its so easy to go and buy cod. If i do the bupr way ill have to stick to it as its not as readily available, i only have to take it once a day etc. im not bothered about it being longterm as i am already a long term failure withdrawal wise. I need a new angle. Has anyone ever dine this with their gp? I think in eligible but am wondering if anyone has ever been refused this option or what the prqctical aspects of it are. I have to admit doing the research today i felt a glimmer of hope....thanks again.
Mate be very careful.

1. If in UK doc will not prescribe bupe/methadone for codeine issues. He will force you to wean off.

2. You will forever be flagged as a drug abuser so will find it very difficult to get any medication with addiction potential in the future. Even if you have proven symptoms of sever pain they will question themselves on prescribing.

Forgive me if you live elsewhere but same rules may apply where you live or be even stricter.

Unless you are at breaking point get some b vits, plenty of fluids, your preferred streaming service and a week off work if possible.

I don't have the luxury of the above so I do it while at work. It's not pretty but my job is high pressure so tram withdrawals have to take a side step.

Fight it buddy, you can do it.

I am already flagged. Ive been teying to tape for 8 yrs and i think ifni went back he would say no. Are you definate about them denying bupren for my situation. The guidelines say it can be used for this. Although my doc only mentikned it once eight yrs ago and never again. Ive pushed back my appointment to get into rhe roght frane of mind, do sone research and fid soneone close i can trust to cone with me. I have zero will power as cod is available everywhere

If all ready flagged then all you can do is  admit to the doc you have a major issue. They will want to put you on methadone if tapering is impossible. Refuse it and ask for alternative. 

Thats where my advice ends as never admitted these sort of issues to a doc before but know people who have. The above is what they have told me.

All I can say is good luck.

That's the thing gai. Whatever you possibly get put on is gonna be stronger than Cods. Some of these meds you are talking about are used to stabilise drug users and wean them off meth@d0ne etc. If your GP is willing to prescribe bupe, then great, but it comes with its own negatives also. Cods really are the bottom of the pile when it comes to CT, it's still not a very nice experience  though. I personally used Di@z for 4 days and took no Cods. And a little something to stop me going to the toilet every half hour. It's over in a week, after that you might get post acute withdrawal syndrome, down in the dumps etc. But as someone else pointed out, you know your own body better than anyone. Snoops advice is a good shout in my book. What you are missing is the will, and that's something that's hard to get back. We're here for you though mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanjs man. Im reading bup is now preferred over methdone as a first line

Thanks again guys. The will power would be a nonissue if i was reliant on something not easily available i would have to stay with it. Im not too bohered about the withdrawals its the psychological. Im not definatley mind made up yet ibhabe until 24th to decide thats when i see the dr

Your on a slippery slope gai, please be careful obviously codi€n is your drug of choice and you have problems with it.If I were in your shoes I'd try and reduce your intake now as there are so many problems with Bupe and m/done and believe me as I've been on both.

I went on m/done after dabbling and then using H daily in the early 90s,and to this day am still on it!.

I have been on the subs also after reducing my m/done to under 25mg a day,great I thought at least I'm off the green handcuffs.I was on subs for 2yrs until I was taking only 0.2-0.4 daily but jumping off was so hard and I started to take small amounts of H again BIG MISTAKE!!.

My head was all over the place taking 0.2mg to go to work and H at nights and in the end I needed to go back on the m/done.What I'm basically saying is the same as PTFC dhc is the weakest off the 3 said meds so please don't go near the other two as the wds are far far worse to deal with and as you've been addicted to dhc you'll most likely have problems with either of the mintainance choices.

Be strong and face your addiction I wish I had all those years ago,but I know it's easy for someone else to say but please try and address it yourself if you are able.The easy choice is get a maintenance script but it really isn't you are only making things worse in the long run.

Peace

Bliss.....

Last edited:
Had meeting with dr. He didnt even know about substitute practice. He claimed patients would have to be totally off the drugs for a couple of weeks before substitutio( i mentioned thats not the point of a substitute and if i was able to come offand stay off for weeks why would i go back on to something i would have already beaten?) I couldnt believe it. I think he got it confused with naloxene. Referrd to community addiction people.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back