Temgesic for codeine addiction

• Thread starter Thread starter Gai73
  • Start date Start date
Had meeting with dr. He didnt even know about substitute practice. He claimed patients would have to be totally off the drugs for a couple of weeks before substitutio( i mentioned thats not the point of a substitute and if i was able to come offand stay off for weeks why would i go back on to something i would have already beaten?) I couldnt believe it. I think he got it confused with naloxene. Referrd to community addiction people.
Tried to warn you it was a bad idea mate. You will wait weeks on referrals all the while taking cod "just until my appointment". Get a short course of Diaz, take 10mg- 15mg 3 times a day while CT from cod for a week and you will be free. You will still want to take it after acute withdrawal is over but always remember that shit week you had coming off it.

Isn't  Naloxne what you give to someone who has gone over on opiates?

Do you mean Naltrexone instead, because it's an opiate blocker?  

I would change Dr if they don't know the difference, or even bothered to look it up. 

The problem is no one know. There are guideline i have read but evertine inspeak to soneone its pass the buck time..

The problem is no one know. There are guideline i have read but evertine inspeak to soneone its pass the buck time..
I don't understand what you're saying? Your Dr doesn't know about the meds I mentioned and doesn't know about what to do with someone who has an addiction? Who keeps passing the puck? Different Dr's?

If you're going down the maintenance script  road I suggest you contact your local Drug and Alcohol services in your area in person or phone up.  Instead of being referred by your Dr. That's what I did to get on a script, took 3/4 weeks  

In n ireland you have to be referred by gp. There are support charities but they only offer meetings and councilling nothing medical at all.

I have been teying to taper iff with go for 8 yrs. To be honest substitution and maintenance was my last hope. I have no will power to cutt down on sonething i can go and buy anytine. Also i am ti reduce one tablet per day so off the bat they refused maintenance. So far nhs northern irelqnd has been no help and im not holding my breath the community addiction people are trained. They know everything about alchohilics tho. On top if that i have cone clean to family and now gave the added pressure of lying to them when i fail this plan again. At least on bup i could have a structure in place where i couldnt fail.

@Gai73 sending you well wishes and positive thoughts. I'm sorry your doctor wasn't able to help you out. I agree with another member that said it is definitely harder to kick the stronger pk's rather than cod's. Please keep us updated on how you're doing.

I have been teying to taper iff with go for 8 yrs. To be honest substitution and maintenance was my last hope. I have no will power to cutt down on sonething i can go and buy anytine. Also i am ti reduce one tablet per day so off the bat they refused maintenance. So far nhs northern irelqnd has been no help and im not holding my breath the community addiction people are trained. They know everything about alchohilics tho. On top if that i have cone clean to family and now gave the added pressure of lying to them when i fail this plan again. At least on bup i could have a structure in place where i couldnt fail.
Gai I'm like a broken record here. Don't taper. Cold turkey (while feeling shit) is not dangerous.

Rough it out for a few days, you will crave for  few weeks then it will stop.

What you plan on doing is to manage heroin addiction, 100x stronger than what your are currently taking.

If you can't get diazepam then by the one a night nytol take a few and sleep through the worst of it.

Codeine withdrawal is nothing compared to bupe withdrawal, even when managed. You're not on a slippery slope, you jumping off a cliff.

I tried coming off tramadol with Xanax and got in a little trouble because I didn't  listen to advice by many on this forum.

Im now free of the Xanax and taking a little Diaz which I'll stop next Friday.

Ill always want to take tramadol as 1. I have chronic back pain and 2. I fucking love it when my tolerance is low. This time I'll be off it for a while though as its affecting my life.

Please just consider the above. If you don't then all I see is someone wanting to get a buzz from bupe. Even though your tolerance to codeine is massive that bupe will be much stronger. What happens then? You get addicted o that and suffer the most drawn out opiate withdrawal apart from methadone.

Get your head straight and listen to my advice please. If you don't, your walking into a black hole.

Im harsh but I actually care about members of this site.

Update us when you can.

He is talking sense gai. Be honest, are you just wanting a better buzz? It really is mega overkill going down this route. A small amount of diaz per day for 4 days and you are over the worst of physical cody WD. Something like lmmodium/loperamide to keep you from completely evacuating your bowels every time you go will help also. I'll say it again, cody is bottom of the pile for CT, it's the weakest of the opiate PK's. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ita not for a better buzz i thought it only had a buzz for heroin addicts if they crushed it up. Its the availability of it v codeine i was thining of. From my research low levels of it do nothing but stip withdrawals, and from there i couldnt "top up" on cod as its not gonna work. Its a will issue

I am happy to see you are still living.  You are way past the fatal dose  of 1500mg, for an opiate naïve person.  750 - 1200mg  daily results in a 50 - 80% fatality rate.  Obviously you have a much higher tolerance.  You have already admitted you have a problem and that is the first step.  Why not try to successfully get rid of your addcition.  That will present another problem.  If you are successful; even playing around with a low dose will get you hooked again. If you are  successful, your biggest problem will be if you ever need opiate medicine for surgery.  That is a major problem for Doctors today.  Good Luck.   ZEK

Last edited by a moderator:
Ita not for a better buzz i thought it only had a buzz for heroin addicts if they crushed it up. Its the availability of it v codeine i was thining of. From my research low levels of it do nothing but stip withdrawals, and from there i couldnt "top up" on cod as its not gonna work. Its a will issue
I think i said this before, depending how much you need to hold the cod wd. Say you need 0.4mg, you could sniff a 2mg and feel a bupe high. But probably not the same as if you were clean of opiates  and sniff  a 1mg line. You would be flying of a smaller amount.  

guysi have a question i cant get a definitive answer. but is there a difference between codeen sulfate and codeen phosphate?  is it ppossible for one to have different side effects than the other in your experience?
There's a definite difference in feeling between the two. OTC is sulphate and feels nicer. How are you now? 

I am already flagged. Ive been teying to tape for 8 yrs and i think ifni went back he would say no. Are you definate about them denying bupren for my situation. The guidelines say it can be used for this. Although my doc only mentikned it once eight yrs ago and never again. Ive pushed back my appointment to get into rhe roght frane of mind, do sone research and fid soneone close i can trust to cone with me. I have zero will power as cod is available everywhere
Dr's def prescribe buprenorphine in uk for codeine addiction but u have to go through gp then local drug services which takes 5-6 months!

a shrink will prescribe too.

ive been on codeine 12 years. Can't taper. Trying bupe again to reset my reward path in my brain 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back