THE BEST DRUG SONGS - EVER!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

The topic's far too wide for a poll. And I was thinking about three or four when the idea popped into my head; until I realised tgat every time I thought of a classic 'drug song' two more would start playing in that invisible stereo somewhere in my addled brain.

On top of which, if anyone asked me this in a year's time, the answers and the order in which I gave them would probably be completely different!

Anyway, I want to encourage people to use whatever little grey cells they have left to contribute their own wee lists. No real need to explain your choices - that should be pretty obvious. You'll probably be able to tell a poster's age by the songs they choose. Well, here goes nothing, my top ten.

1. 'There She Goes', The La's (by miles)

2. 'Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space' - Spiritualized

3. 'Cold Turkey' - John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band

4. 'Golden Brown' - The Stranglers

5. 'Mother's Little Helper' - Rolling Stones

6. 'Purple Haze' - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

7. 'I'm Waiting for the Man' - Velvet Underground

8. 'The Needle and the Damage Done' - Neil Young

9. 'Sister Morphine' - Rolling Stones

10. 'Tomorrow Never Knows' - The Beatles

11. 'Heroin' - Velvet Underground

12. 'Here Comes the Nice' - The Small Faces

Well hell, I tried to keep that to a Top Ten but I really couldn't leave out those last two now, could I? Now I've suddenly got Brian Wilson somewhere in the theatre of my mind playing 'Good Vibrations', and... who's that?... OMG It's Bob Dylan, Everybody MUST get stoned, what was THAT CALLED? 'Rainy Day Women nos. 12 & 35', of course. I haven't forgotten the numbers! I was EIGHT yrs old when that came out. 'Blonde on Blonde' was the album, out the same time as 'Revolver' by the Beatles, who could easily have had three or four other songs in there, like 'Rain' and 'Doctor Robert' and 'She Said She Said' but they didn't really have all that many 'drug' songs, did they? 'Got to Get You Into my Life' was Sir Paul McCartney's desire in the spring/summer of 1966 to make acid a much bigger part of his life. There are a lot of songs there which date to the 1965-67 period; I reckon EVERYONE was doing a LOT of grass, hash and acid then, really in my list the songs from that sort of 18 month period were all cannabis & LSD except the Stones and the Velvet Underground who were already getting into different kinds of stuff... Eric Burdon and the Animals had a song out called 'A Girl Named Sandoz' (that company actually made decent drugs then - they have a 'new' alprazolam on the market in Western Europe this past year. They had to, really, since the meds they're making at the moment are generally garbage. I've seen the feedback from their flunitrazepam and oxazepam as sold by MM and everybody knows how crap their 'GG249' 2mg alp bars are; they've GOT to do SOMETHING to stop the decline in what used to be a quality company). But I think that Animals song refers to DELYSID, their patented brand of LSD which was legal, in the UK anyway, right up to (correct me if I'm wrong, it's probably on Wikipedia) Oct/Nov 1967. A friend still owns a bottle (empty of course)from then, tiny little 2565ml bottle, 200mcg/ml, came with a calibrated little oral syringe which people used for making 300 - 500mcg sugar cubes.

Phew! Some topic-starter there, I really honestly intended just to do a quick Top Ten! So let's be seeing what the rest of you think are the best 'drug' songs around. I could do without lists of punk bands from '76 & '77 going on about sniffing glue though, even if it WAS the thing to do with your speed at that time. Now Sid Vicious. He was a REAL punk. Psycho, but punk for sure. Let's be seeing your lists. Bet we see some pretty unexpected things. Looking back, my list's quite conservative, if that's the right word for it.

Thanks for putting up with the absorbaloff again, folks. See ya soon around the site.

Last edited:
ALOT OF OLD SCHOOL SONG'S IN THAT LIST. SOMETIMES IT IS NICE TO KICK BACK AND THROUGH ON SOME Jimi Hendrix OR THE BEATLES AND JUST RELAX B4 BED I MUST ADMIT. A LITTLE SMOKE HELPS TOO. /default_smile.png LOL /default_cool.png

Last edited:
Pretty much anything by Chris Christofferson. You feel high listening to him. Hellava wrigter

Anything by:

Roxette

Culture Club

Milli Vanilli

Justin Beaver
Good drug songs for sure. Would need more drugs though after listening to them

Good drug songs for sure. Would need more drugs though after listening to them
You think so, eh!

Well obviously you don't appreciate the finer music/writers our of times. Should have known you'd be quick to reply with yet another immature smart-ass remark to one of my more serious, well thought out, and spiritual posts.

I'll just leave it at that. The DBG members can decide for themselves who has a better sense of music.

Last edited:
You think so, eh!

Well obviously you don't appreciate the finer music/writers our of times. Should have known you'd be quick to reply with yet another immature smart-ass remark to one of my more serious, well thought out, and spiritual posts.

I'll just leave it at that. The DBG members can decide for themselves who has a better sense of music.
:blink:

Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot. Tonight I was listening to some awesome tracks by "Village People" and "Cindy Lauper" and tripped out big time while sniffing black marker pens. Felt like I was floating around in space, weightless, and in total synchronicity with the lyrics and tempo of the meaningful songs.

Words alone can't describe the tranquility and memorizing feeling such great artists have on my psyche.

Complete blissfulness at it's best. Cheap too and no need to risk ordering through the mail. Just scammed a few at the local 7-11 while my kid waited in the car.

Last edited:
I've always liked System of a Down. She's Like Heroin, The Cocaine Makes Me Feel Like I'm on this Song, Psycho, and my favorite: Needles.

PULL THE TAPEWORM OUT OF YOUR ASS, HEY!!!

;)

Sorry if this is off topic, but why should a reply in this thread need to be moderated, as was the reply I just made in the Credit Card payment thread?

I'd understand if it were a ?controversial topic, but is this a new policy to root out crap posts or what?

Abs

Ok this might off topic but along the same lines. Newer singer Jason Aldean cam out with a song "Don't Tell Em I've Gone Crazy" Here are the lyrics. Make one think.

Tell em all I'm on vacation,

Say I went to visit friends,

That you ain't heard or seen from me in quite a while,

When they ask you where I've been,

Tell em I'm out on the west coast where it don't ever rain,

And that I'm probably doing fine,

(Chorus)

Just don't tell em I've gone crazy,

That I'm still strung out over you,

Tell em anything you want to,

Just don't tell em all the truth,

Yeah don't tell em all the truth,

Tell em all I'm out in Vegas,

Blowin' every dollar I ever made,

Tell em that I must be into something bad for me cause,

[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/j/jason-aldean-lyrics/truth-lyrics.html]

I sure lost a lot of weight,

Tell em I'm out on the road with some old rock and roll band,

Living like a gypsy king,

(Chorus)

The truth is that I'm asking you to lie,

And we both know that it ain't right,

But if you ever loved me please,

Have some mercy on me,

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,

Tell em anything you want to,

Just don't tell em all the truth,

Yeah don't tell em all the truth,

I still need you,

Yeah that's the truth,

I still love you,

Baby that's the truth

Any members given Miley Cyrus a listen to? Formally known as Hannah Montana. She's got some heavy duty stuff in her earlier works which really forces you to take a closer look at life - especially if you're a little enuberated.

Come to think of it, my 'friendly' neighbors to the North have been busy remixing tunes from the '80's for the World's pleasure, before the Dear Leader Nukes us to death and turns my city into a "Sea of Fire." Ouch....

Last night I played with video over and over and danced around my apartment until I finally crashed though the 8th floor window into the ditch, hence my name Ditch.

Have a look:

http://news.yahoo.co...a-28225367.html

UNCLE DITCH

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the ideas here for new music. I have been playing the same vinyl record over and over for the last few years now. I even joined Miley's fan club and got a free t-shirt. I hope her new music will play in my Bonneville on my 8-track

Thanks guys for the ideas here for new music. I have been playing the same vinyl record over and over for the last few years now. I even joined Miley's fan club and got a free t-shirt. I hope her new music will play in my Bonneville on my 8-track
I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that Miley's new stuff probably won't play on your 8-track, but you could give it a try just to make sure. I'm thinkin' you're gonna have to look into getting some kind of conversion kit installed in your Bonneville to allow you to play her newer tunes. Otherwise, you're pretty much stuck with The Village People, ABBA, and Boney M.

Mind you, those three groups I'd pay a million bucks any day to get floor tickets and do some break dancin'.

Old Ditch loves his slam dancin' and mosh pits. I'm also the best Moonwalker in my office.

DITCH

Last edited:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (feels like rollercoaster exhilarating feels like rollercoaster)

Marilyn Manson - Dope show (obvious but very tchno + rock)

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Face Down on the Moon (very speritual)

Kesha - Your love is my drug and Blow and We are who we ARe (very danceable)

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (feels like rollercoaster exhilarating feels like rollercoaster)

Marilyn Manson - Dope show (obvious but very tchno + rock)

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Face Down on the Moon (very speritual)

Kesha - Your love is my drug and Blow and We are who we ARe (very danceable)
Yep. Dope Show is my pick, increadably well produced. I've seen an interview with MM, very smart guy.

Been listening to some Justin Bieber lately.

Man, he's a trip. Kinda a cross between Led Zepplin and The Doors.

I snatched a pair of Skull Candy headphones out of WalMart and hid them in my kids diaper. I wear them everyday now under my hoodie rockin' to Bieber, Puff Daddy, and the the theme song from Ghostbusters.

DITCH

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back