What Do You Do For Living

• Thread starter Thread starter doesit
  • Start date Start date
D

doesit

as title goes what do you work and are you happy with it,how you ended up where you are now.myself i work in retail for last 6 years,and i just hate it ,everyday is a nightmare,and its a big part of my anxiety,altough i had a choice to go to college but never got the grades needed,so am on a one way journey to nowhere now,gaining almost 0$ and with no will to change my life for better as theres always something in the way,and i know id be happier sitting without work,but eventually it would lead to more problems in the future.

So dbg community what is that you do for living and do you enjoy it,no need to go into details if not wanted.

peace.

I work in the finance industry right now, giving loans out and collecting them, pretty tough job, long hours, because people dont want to pay their damn bills! Its called a LOAN not a give! Lol. I have 2 degress an AA and a BA degree also. Also to all DBG members, I know money is a good thing, but do what your happy doing, even if its for less $$$! I am learning this the hard way.

My roommate and I began a startup company that manufacturers fake Zebra skin rugs. They look great over a fireplace and only cost £76
If thats true its so cool /default_smile.png nice idea plus no animal harm.

I just work in a pipe factory as a seasonal employee for the summer , then i go back to college, Business admin, I am happy for my job but theres alot of graveyard shifts. =( . An 8pm-8am sometimes means you can have no life , but the good part is i only work 15 days out of a month, Gotta love shift work

I enjoyed being an Office Manager in the web based software industry for about 5 yrs, then after completing a round of 4 yrs in the Army, I decided to get out and focus on family. I've been fortunate enough to spend the last two years taking care of my 2 yr old son and husband. We just relocated for a job in the oil industry, which has been treating us very well, especially in contrast to the civilian job market in our previous location. The IT/ web based industry was great also.

Although I am so thankful I have to opportunity to stay at home with our little terror, and my husband has never complained about having a round the clock chef, maid, masseuse, accountant etc. However, I am approaching the point I will be looking for a part time job, probably something in the office/admin sector again. I feel it would be a win-win for me right now!

Office / admin / banking - medium level executive. It is called a Office Rat here.

In next life I want to be Indiana Jones.

Cheers and and enjoy the weekend - TioMalo

My wife and I work in the restaurant business together. Lucky huh! At least I know where she is because I swear she looks like Beyoncé so dudes always try to hit on here not knowing I'm her husband. Suppose its a compliment really. Dis' is a rad thread though.

~Wiz

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I work in the restaurant business together. Lucky huh! At least I know where she is because I swear she looks like Beyoncé so dudes always try to hit on here not knowing I'm her husband. Suppose its a compliment really. Dis' is a rad thread though.

~Wiz
Pics or it doesn't count Wiz!

~Wiz
id be like to the customers while serving what a chick isn't she :] then everyone's like yeah ,then you go thats my wife your speaking about :DD

id be like to the customers while serving what a chick isn't she :] then everyone's like yeah ,then you go thats my wife your speaking about :DD
Really I feel like knocking them in the teeth. I cant let her out of my sight she is too hot!
~Wiz

I own a small recruiting firm that specializes placing talent in the Video Game/Feature Animation indies. I f off most of the time to be honest. I'm real good at it though...

I'm a marketing person, spending my life trying to get people to buy things they don't need and lying without getting sued. It's interesting and fairly creative, so I like it.

I was a involved in an import/export business for just over 12 years, but recently retired from such work and moved to the country side to grow kiwi fruit in greenhouses.

Much less stress, don't have to wear a suit and tie, and no longer have to run a business full of staff and listen to customer complaints all day long.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm by no means 65 years old (retirement age), I just had enough of the capitalistic system I had absorbed myself into.

Reactions: _X_
i was one of very few people to come out of the dot com boom on top

some company called like google hired me and gave me sweet preferred stock and other options

i lived on half my usual paycheck, the other half going to purchase stock.

then they went public /default_wink.png

oh the joys of living in the SF bay area, right place right time.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back